For Sale Sell all your stuff here or use the Classifieds Section!

For Sale: complete turbo motor drivetrain, big brake kit, rear disc conversion

Old 07-25-2019, 07:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra
Default For Sale: complete turbo motor drivetrain, big brake kit, rear disc conversion

Well, I think it's time to cut my losses. I dont have the heart to finish it. time to throw in the towel. after almost 20 years of ownership, it's time to move on.

Here we go, Id like to just sell it all to one person but would consider parting it out if i dont get any bites. if you dont need anything on this list, ill consider taking it off to make it cheaper for you.

I intend on keeping the turbo parts for the most part so i can carry it forward to another project but again, anything is for sale if the price is right. great care will be taken with removal and shipping. can provide compression numbers if needed or any other inspection/pics you might want (i have to charge the battery or i wouldve posted compression numbers already) Ive been around these forums for a VERY VERY VERY long time and damn near anyone here can vouch for me. except stocker. i hope he steps on a lego.

this is what's for sale:

Complete built engine and trans $2000 OBO SHIPPED:
I fully believe this engine/trans setup would EASILY handle 350+ HP
the engine alone has more money in it than i have it listed for
  • 2000 Elantra block
  • 2003 Elantra head
  • metal 2000 oil pan, tapped for oil return
  • NEW everything, new gaskets, new bearings, new oil pump, new water pump, new timing belt, new OEM head studs
  • crank milled to reduce weight, complete balanced and blueprinted shortblock built at Budlong Motorsports
  • Wiseco pistons, head milled down to make it ~8.8:1 compression
  • new OEM rods, shot peened and hardened
  • ARP rod bolts
  • complete custom IM, short runners, large plenum. setup for a 65mm throttle body, oem fuel rail already tapped for external FPR
  • Push clutch conversion with Competition Clutch stage 4 six puck sprung clutch
  • Fidanza flywheel
  • 2003 elantra transmission (OEM, no LSD) with shot peened gears
  • log style Turbo Manifold with T3 flange and Tial 40mm wastegate
  • custom downpipe setup for a holset HY35 turbo (intend on keeping the turbo but will consider including if the price is right. it's been completely rebuilt and modified by River City Turbo. paid 500 for the work)
  • can include green top ford 440cc high z injectors or 72# low z injectors and a honda box. also have some ID high z 850cc injectors but im not sure if im going to sell em or not.
  • brand new walbro 255
  • any other random shit i come across that im not going to use or have forgotten to add to this listing.
  • can include custom complete megasquirt 3 harness for it already soldered up (intend on keeping the ms3 but again, anythings for sale if the price is right)

other stuff from the car
  • b&m short throw shifter - $40
  • the very first spectra5 with xg caliper setup. calipers could use some paint, hawk pads- $150
  • rear disc conversion with dimpled rotors hawk pads - $200

once everything is gone, i intend on taking the rest of the car to a field, fill it with some fun stuff, then hit it with a barrett .50 to give it a proper goodbye. that is unless you want the whole damn car, in that case ill just take $2k for the entire thing, the body is in rough shape but at least you will have everything and spares of everything. clean title in hand and can help deliver it. if you know what you are doing with megasquirt, you can even hear it run. for some reason i cant get it to idle and dont have the time or patience to finish it.

im not always here so if you are interested and you havent heard from me in a day or 2 hit me up via email. or send jongtr a pm and he will text me a kick in the ass.

faithofadragon (at) gmail.com
Old 12-18-2019, 06:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vehicle: 1997 Beta Swapped Accent

What rear disk setup was this?
Old 04-19-2020, 01:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2006 Tiburon

Still have the short throw shifter?