Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

People That Street Race On This Site.

Old 10-10-2006, 12:01 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I'm sure many of you on the site have german sheppards. They can be very dangerous pets. I've prepared these pictures for you

Basically, what i'm saying is ANYTHING can be dangerous.

Take controls and measures to make it safe. If you want to test your car's abilities, do it on empty blacktop country road in clear conditions and keep mindful of your traction. Ensure you know what you're doing before you do it. Take it to 90, then to 100, then to 110. It can be safe to drag a stock tiburon to 115. Even though it goes to 130, don't push it.

As for street racing, use a long flat country road and ensure that you can see for miles.
Old 10-10-2006, 12:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't get that whole German Shepherd thing.. but in PA where I live there are NO tracks. There is one about 4 hours away from me, and they're trying to close it down because the noise is too loud. Where the hell are we supposed to race?

Edit : I don't street race.
Old 10-10-2006, 12:35 PM

QUOTE (DrivingTibNaked @ Oct 10 2006, 12:01 PM)
[size=3]

LMAO^^LMAO

I dont street race. never have never will. i dont have a fast car and i have nothing to prove to anyone. I like to take off from stops time to time for my own sh*ts and giggles but never when i think someone wants to go alongside of me. i get reved at allllll the time to try and race from anything from civics to v8's. its the most annoying pointless thing. if you have no where to race, go to some secluded road that you and your buddies can close off yourselfs for awhile and race there. because if i ever am affected by it in a bad way like someone wreckin my car or hurting me or my passengers ill Kll the mother f'rs
Old 10-10-2006, 12:50 PM

Yea, here in PA, there is Maple Grove. Its about a half hour from my house. It is also the only track there is around. I don't street race, but I know a lot that do. ANd the reason they do is from the lack of LEGAL places to race. So everyone goes down to Philly on Friday and Saturday nights.

Also, I have followed those "intelligent people" before, and a lot of times I feel very safe doing 90. Turn signals are used well in advance, braking is done with plenty of time, we chill in the right lane until passing is needed, and there is never any type pf competition. So on our end, its someone elses mistake that will cause an accident. And thats a risk taken driving at any speed.
Old 10-10-2006, 01:03 PM

I live on the opposite side of where you live.. Southwest PA
Old 10-10-2006, 01:18 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

QUOTE (Dec @ Oct 10 2006, 12:18 PM)
I don't get that whole German Shepherd thing.. but in PA where I live there are NO tracks. There is one about 4 hours away from me, and they're trying to close it down because the noise is too loud. Where the hell are we supposed to race?

Edit : I don't street race.

If there is no track near you, you can only do it on private property.
Old 10-10-2006, 02:37 PM

Vehicle: 1998 Tiburon

Street racing is for idiots, partaken in by idiots.

Firstly the road surfaces are not designed for you to do that kind of speed, and your tires are not designed to take the beatings that regular asphalt gives them at that kind of speed.

Heck, even racing tires cant handle it.. I was watching this program once on the telly and these dudes raced on this road in AZ (well, times not racing one another, kinda like a real life cannonball run) and this dude in a race corvette was hitting 200mph and his tire blew.

He lived, but only because of a serious rollcage and protection.

It's just not worth it.
Old 10-10-2006, 03:19 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

QUOTE (Whiplash @ Oct 10 2006, 09:32 AM)
Tanc I dont think street racing is that big of a problem here. No real good places to race and alot of cops. I dont street race.

lol, there are a lot. Trust me dude, once you come out to local car meets etc, you'll know the spots.

Accel. off a red light to 55 as zoned mentioned, its STILL street racing. If you are racing someone to 200mph or 20 mph, it's still racing. Say, you do race to 55mph, what if you or the person you are racing loose control and hit eachother in the side/front/rear whatever. Than you'll loose control aswell and so forth. Either way, it's dangerous. Why do you think race tracks have to be prep'ed over and over again. Even on drag strips you see people loosing control.

If street racing is in your blood and your retarded, go to a road where there are no houses, cars, parks, businesses, etc. (basically, there arn't any exept for a private property like redz mentioned) CLOSE the road, and fly down it 200mph if you'd like. But do not indanger my life trying to prove you can beat a 1.6L civic.
Old 10-10-2006, 03:35 PM

ya going up to 50 is still racing. the reason i dont like that is my tib has tons of torque steer and it wants to pull you out of the lane. it can be hard to fight that and shift. if you must, as mentioned, got somewhere where there is noone else youd be putting in danger
Old 10-10-2006, 03:43 PM

As said, its learning the limits of what your car is capable of doing. I find driving with someone who knows/modifies cars intelligently safer than driving with a random person because they know what the car can do, know how it works and its limits, etc.

More people die/injured from talking on cellphones and putting on makeup and other sorts of things than street racing. I'm much more worried about a lady putting on her makeup while talking on a cell phone side swiping me then a civic hitting the brakes too late and rear ending me when I drive.