Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

People That Street Race On This Site.

Old 01-19-2007, 02:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is kind of strange that the front airbags didn't deploy. I have thought of looking into that with my lawyer, but I don't really have much fight in me since it was my reckless and stupid choice to be going that fast. I guess I feel that I am embarrassed enough to where trying to fight an issue such as airbags just looks like I am trying to get something out this situation that I caused to begin with. I don't know...I guess I am too grateful to God to be alive that I can't think of much else.

My CAT scan came out fine, as well as my other scans. Looks like I will just be sore for a long while still. My ribs are even sore.

Here is a clip I found, where the news claims that I am behind bars. Kind of wierd that I have had internet access and my warm bed at home, yet they claim I am behind bars...whatever, reporters and the news channels FTW! (for the win)

News1

News2
Old 01-19-2007, 03:03 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

I personally think its stupid to race off the light and floor your car up to and exceeding tripple digits in speed in the suburbs and crowded areas or to fly at highspeeds down the highway, anything can happen to you or your car to needlessly injure others. But to be perfectly honest with all of you, and knowing that you will most probably look at me very differently from here on out, ive been street racing for the past year and a half. Down in the city of course. If any of you have ever been down there then you know what its like, it aint fast and the furious. I urge you that if you have never been to your state's races, do it. Its such an expierence and yeah, people do get hurt, you just need to be smart. Its like all things in life, just be smart. Youd be suprised the kind of people and personalities you will meet down there.

And spare me the, I have never street raced. A street race can be from a stop or it can be two people competing in traffic. I know for a fact all of you have done it... you mod your cars like crazy and nobody goes to the track EVERY day or everyother day... unless you own one laugh.gif. Street racing is so much different then at the track and theres more skill involved--dont believe me? Go down once, just once and see how it is and your mindset will definatly change.

There are crazy drivers everywhere, most of the people down in the city at the races drive normal but there are the few who dont and those few are everywhere; on your way to work, school etc. Its a relaxed yet intense envrionment. We race on a very wide industrial road that has closed down businesses on them. And to those who call it childish... People who arent into the car scene look at all of us as dumb kids anyway, might as well enjoy it while oil still exists.

Thats my two cents.

/\ you hit redline aka fuel cutoff/\

Ill go up to speed limit with somebody, idc what you call it because its just semantics, but i dont go over that. And i want to see the law about excessive acceleration, because thats BS. He has to prove you were driving recklessly, which means you lost control of the car, aka breaking traction/swerving/crossing lane/etc, aka illegal.

On the roads around here there are nice flat, open, stretches that you can street race, but i dont. i marked off a quarter mile and ill practice my launching and shifting; but thats it.

haha tell that to the cops, believe me, its still street racing lol in any state.
Old 01-19-2007, 03:05 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

^^ lol k
Old 01-20-2007, 12:07 AM

haha.gif You have got to be kidding me...
blowup.gif chairshot.gif ban2.gif mugshot.gif whipped.gif
Old 01-20-2007, 12:37 AM

I sense the banhammer is coming.
Old 01-20-2007, 10:17 AM

o yeah? Origional post says to talk about street racing

Rules of site say no discussion of street racing, doent say street racers are horrible mindless people.

I find it funny that there are those of you out there who most probably lie cheat and steal on a daily basis but street racing is childish...

I have respected your rules to not discuss racing in the forumns ever since I was brought aware of the rules. But Tanc's post clearly states we can get it all out here, so I did smile.gif

Shit atleast i do it on large back roads that we control, most of you race through traffic... thats something I do not do, hence the reason I go to philly to release my speed demon in me.
Old 01-20-2007, 01:39 PM

You'll never be able to fully control a public road. I also like the assumption you make that most of us race through traffic, what facts do you base that off of?

When I feel the urge to speed, I go to a track, not some back alley way in a city with millions of people.
Old 01-21-2007, 08:00 PM

Ok fair enough, I apologize for making assumptions, but I am also not stupid... , anyway, youd be suprised what we can control. Like I said, its not like Fast and the Furious.
Old 01-21-2007, 10:01 PM

im not finding where tanc said to let it all out...

ill let your post slide, i edited out some though. im sure you know why too. just dont bring up the stuff again.
Old 01-21-2007, 10:47 PM

Go post

Just remember, if something freakish CAN happen, more than likely it WILL happen.

Just be safe!

hmm lol oops, thought it was tanc saying that...

Sorry sad.gif