Hyundai Aftermarket

Hyundai Aftermarket (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/)
-   Nitrous Oxide (NOS, Zex, NX Express, Venom, etc) (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/nitrous-oxide-nos-zex-nx-express-venom-etc-27/)
-   -   Nitrous System.. (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/nitrous-oxide-nos-zex-nx-express-venom-etc-27/nitrous-system-28442/)

01tibby 05-10-2005 10:37 PM

plus, you could have traction issues spraying in first.

but waiting until 4k is a little much.

sharkev 05-11-2005 07:17 AM

ok, but with which shot are we talking about? 50 or 75? or it does´t matter?

my car seems to make more power ( nice power ) until 3000 rpms in first.

I guess i have to test evrything you said, to know what you are trying to say, right? LOL

in a manual tranny how can be use the nitrous, from what rpms?

OdessitPashka 05-11-2005 08:02 AM

Shot doesn't really matter. I think if you have a window switch you will be safe to spray in 1st after 3500rpms or so.

In manual tranny I'd spray as soon as I shift into second.

zoned019 05-11-2005 08:18 AM

i think i would personally spray right after first, first doesn't seem like it's that long .... next time your at the track just try both, see what gives you the best/most consistent times. i think spraying in first will give you traction problems though, and what hamhead said is probably true also.

sharkev 05-11-2005 08:20 AM

I was looking for that switch, but until now I could find it. but I also was thinking that what IF i install my activation switch in some butom near to me, and I press it and before I hit the rev limiter I depress the butom and when the car shift to 2nd gear i press it again?

could I do this? or could be results some damage because of this?

OdessitPashka 05-11-2005 08:23 AM

You can find that switch at the place where you will be gettint your kit.

You can press it on and off, but I would just release gas for a second right before red line, until you shift into second and then floor it again.

sharkev 05-11-2005 08:32 AM

^^o´right, but maybe I going to buy from some friend, and he does not have the window swtich, maybe i will try to find it in some local shop from here, but i´m not sure.

and could I use nitrous every 2 minutes with 15sec of spray? I want to compete at the track but if is safe to use the nitrous that often.

OdessitPashka 05-11-2005 08:37 AM

Shop around. You will find it!

At the track it will be used about 12-13 secs at a time and you will get more than 2 minutes off, so you are good to go.

sharkev 05-19-2005 02:27 PM

well..... finaly! i got my nitrous kit!...

i want to install this weekend, but i´m not sure if I can, so i´m going to have a 50 shot!.

i dont have the windows switch yet.

so? do I really need to get spark plugs one step colder ?

and i´m going to use some additive to clean my inyectors, i have a new fuel filter, what else do I need?

do I make another topic?

OdessitPashka 05-19-2005 02:47 PM

Plugs are a must! Don't be cheap, they are only $3 a piece.