Hyundai Aftermarket

Hyundai Aftermarket (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/)
-   Nitrous Oxide (NOS, Zex, NX Express, Venom, etc) (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/nitrous-oxide-nos-zex-nx-express-venom-etc-27/)
-   -   Nitrous System.. (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/nitrous-oxide-nos-zex-nx-express-venom-etc-27/nitrous-system-28442/)

sharkev 05-03-2005 08:10 AM

Hi guys, I just want to know a little more of this kind of systems.

I was thinkg to install a system in my car, but I dont know what kind of modification are needed to run safety in a almost stock tiburon.

What is the best and the safest brand of this systems?

what is the biggest shot I can use in my car, with what mods and for how long it can be use?

I know that the safety system is the DRY system, but am I right?

sorry if there is a lot of quetions, I just want to know everything before make a decision.

anyone has a system install? how do you installed it? pics? :blush:

thanks laugh.gif

Dweet 05-03-2005 08:20 AM

read this so you know what you are getting yourself into

How to: Installing an NX kit

OdessitPashka 05-03-2005 09:18 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sharkev @ May 3 2005, 09:10 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Hi guys, I just want to know a little more of this kind of systems.
I was thinkg to install a system in my car, but I dont know what kind of modification are needed to run safety in a almost stock tiburon.</div>

If you not gonna exceed 50 shot then you will be safe with bone stock car.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>What is the best and the safest brand of this systems?</div>

NX wet kit

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>what is the biggest shot I can use in my car, with what mods and for how long it can be use?</div>

Stock 50 shot, upgrde fuel pump and you can have up to 90 shot. Don't forget about colder spark plugs and highest octane fuel you can get.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>I know that the safety system is the DRY system, but am I right?</div>

Dry system is just another type of nitrous system, and I do not recommend getting one. Stick with wet kit.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>anyone has a system install? how do you installed it? pics? :blush:</div>

Check that link that Dweet gave you.

zoned019 05-03-2005 09:42 AM

If you're going to run nitrous (even just a 50 shot) at least get the following (small) mods, just to be safe--they're good to have anyway and are cheap:
new spark plugs (ngk's), 255lph fuel pump (walbro), and (like OP said) always fill with the highest octane fuel you can get and/or buy some Octane Booster

http://www.nitrousexpress.com, get a WET NX kit.

I would reccommend getting the mods listed above, a WET NX kit, and using a 50 shot. you could go higher, but i would not do more than a 90 shot(again, like OP said)

hamhead 05-03-2005 10:56 AM

You also need a gauge and bottle warmer (NX Gen II upgrade)... especially when you start using larger shots and need to have the kit running properly at the right PSI.

RedShark 05-03-2005 11:44 AM

<span style="color:purple">what everyone said is true and to add my .02...nitrous express is the best kit imo to get. </span> smile.gif

sharkev 05-03-2005 12:36 PM

ohh ok. thanks, but can anyone tell me WHY is the WET system the safest?

how much time can I use this system, and how much time do I have to wait to use it again?

and I saw in dweet DIY install that the system only going to work at WOT, right? Is this the best way to install it? or is better to install with a bottom in the driver side?

sorry about so many question but, its pretty expensive here, i have to know evrything before..

thanks

how much for the 255lph walbro fuel pump?

and Dweet, do you have a pic where and how do you put the bottle?

OdessitPashka 05-03-2005 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by sharkev,May 3 2005, 01:36 PM
ohh ok. thanks, but can anyone tell me WHY is the WET system the safest?

<span style="color:red">because you add fuel not through your injectors, but through the nozzle. With dry kit, injectors might max out or fail and there will be a big kaboom!</span>

how much time can I use this system, and how much time do I have to wait to use it again?
<span style="color:red">NX website recommends no more than 10 seconds at a time, otherwise solenoids won't last long. Every 5-10 minutes I guess.</span>

and I saw in dweet DIY install that the system only going to work at WOT, right? Is this the best way to install it?
<span style="color:red">it's the safest way to have it</span>

[quote]or is better to install with a bottom in the driver side?[/quote[

<span style="color:red">huh?</span>

how much for the 255lph walbro fuel pump?
<span style="color:red">$90 new on ebay, 25 used on DSMtuner.com

Btw, 255lph pump is too big. Use 190lph.</span>

and Dweet, do you have a pic where and how do you put the bottle?
<span style="color:red">Trunk!</span>

hamhead 05-03-2005 01:24 PM

A better pump does not mean necessarily more fuel flow. The FPR is probably the major restriction in the fuel system for the Tib. I would rather get one of those to bump up the PSI when the nitrous is activated, much like how a dry kit works.

OdessitPashka 05-03-2005 01:32 PM

With a new FPR and stock fuel pump you won't be able to raise the pressure that much man.... you will need a bigger pump!

And if your pressure will always be high, you will be always rich and will be wasting lots of gas rolleyes.gif