Hyundai Hybrids Want to drop in a Beta for your Hyundai Accent? How about a 4G63 in your Hyundai Elantra? Maybe a Beta 2 for your Hyundai Tiburon? Post all questions here relating to transmissions and engines from other makes and/or models, you want to install in your Hyundai.

Scoupe GTR to go BETA

Old 01-14-2010, 03:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1995 Scoupe Turbo GTR

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (warp21 @ Jan 14 2010, 09:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I'm pretty sure they look the same it's just that one requires voltage and sends out a square wave signal and the other is passive and sends out an alternating signal. You should be able to use the same crank sensor that originally came with your motor.</div>
the reason why i ask is because the first time a built my motor my scoupe sensor got damaged. So i bought a accent one and it did not work. Then i bought a tib one and it did not work either. Then i went to the junk yard and dug threw a box and found a look a like and it worked. Mine is in a complete silver metal casing.Dont know where or what car it comes off but it works and it was a perfect fit. I think its sumthing like a low ohmage cas.In the interim they managed to start my car with a crank angle sensor off a opel corsa lite but it was way to long to be used permanetly. . .
Old 02-06-2010, 12:09 AM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: x3 accent gk tiburon santa fe

Faith and i8cobra are both right...

earlier scoupe are based on the excel,while later scoupe are based on the earlier accent

earlier accent 95-97 have the middles mouns on the engine block while the later accent have the engine middle mounts on the transmission

it's doable, but you will need to rework the crossmember, maybee one fro ma 98-99 would fit

basicly the only mount that doesn't require modification in alpha equipped scoupe is the driver side one
Old 02-06-2010, 06:37 PM

Vehicle: 96 accent

2 and 3 need changed.. thats the same mount setup as 95 and 96 accent, since those mount to the engine instead of the tranny so its like doeing the swap on my 96 accent..reason is beta doesnt have provision for mounts to be bolted to engine so u need to bolt it to the tranny like in 97+accent and tiburon. so

youll need 97+ accent tranny, crossmember and mounts youll need to pound the core support at the bottom for one of the crossmember bolts and drill a hole and then make the passenger side mount..

this is what i did on my 96. hope this helps...