Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

How Do You Put On A Radiator Support?

Old 06-11-2008, 09:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000/Hyundai/Tiburon

I got a friend thats a welder and he is going to put it in for me i wish i would straighten it out and make mine work but I hit a SUV and went under it so it was pushed back and creased it in the area on the drivers side but at least i was lucky the radiator was not busted cause i drove it home then to the body shop and then back home when the insurence totaled it and i bought it back from them and it never over heated

DTN where did you order your fupport from I am having trouble finding one
Old 06-11-2008, 09:18 AM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I already posted the link http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...em=200227191974
Old 06-11-2008, 09:42 AM

Dosn't Ft. Jackson have welders and metal workers on base?
Old 06-11-2008, 10:42 AM
DTN

Yes, but it would be inappropriate for me to ask them to help. Those motorpools service military vehicles. That would kinda be like walking up to the electrical company and asking them to charge your cell phone, or the water company and asking them to fill your kiddy pool. I don't really know anyone who works there.

There is a welder at the automotive shop, but you have to be certified to use it and bring your own gas. I am not certifed, nor do I know anyone who is.
Old 06-11-2008, 11:33 AM

Well arn't they qualified at welding...now make a friend then take your friend to the place you get welding done at and have him do some stick welding (no gas required). Just buy the electrodes he needs to get the job done.
Old 06-11-2008, 11:57 AM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

it's not just a matter of being able to weld. The best welder in the world can screw this up for you, it needs to be attached correctly or else your car won't sit properly.
Old 06-11-2008, 12:45 PM

Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

Yeah if any part is messed up it doesnt matter, the whole thing has to be replaced, its one solid peice not sections like you think. But it just takes some time..Paint it, Get it on there and measured to where your old one was, put 2 screws where it mounts near the fender tip to keep it still on both sides and then tack alot of places and then i put the calking on and then repainted red over the spot wells and calking..My cars gaps are perfect and everything. I will be willing to give you some more insite if needed DTN. May have a few pictures some where.

I ordered mine off keystone but they dont sell hyundai parts anymore..It was only 100 dollars I believe since they were getting rid of all the hyundai stuff.
Old 06-11-2008, 01:30 PM
DTN

QUOTE (Coal_forge @ Jun 11 2008, 01:33 PM)
Well arn't they qualified at welding...now make a friend then take your friend to the place you get welding done at and have him do some stick welding (no gas required). Just buy the electrodes he needs to get the job done.

I'm having it done across town at Carolina Paint and body, then I'm moving the car to the auto shop on post.
Old 06-11-2008, 01:46 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

Let a shop do it. Its alot of work and it needs to be done right. Theres no way I could have done it myself.

If you get the part and have the chance I would paint the inside bottom (under the rad) even just black no one will see it. It was a big PITA to paint after its on and the primer that usually comes on the parts isn't really that good and needs some paint not to rust.

Just so you have an idea of what would be replaced:

Old 06-11-2008, 02:30 PM
DTN

Thank you, that was most helpful.

Hyundai says that it takes 3-4 hours to replace it. I told the body shop to go ahead and take care of the replacement.

my plan is to rhino liner the entire thing, so then I'll have a no-slip surface for my tools wink1.gif