DIY Post all Hyundai DIY Guides here. You may also want to read some of our Hyundai Tutorials. Members who follow these guides do so at their own risks.

Emanage/emanage Ultimate Ignition Fix

Old 12-08-2006, 02:16 AM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: x3 accent gk tiburon santa fe

i'll try to get a look at the e-manage ignition settings,i'm not sure it has some of the functions we have with the smt-6 thinkerg.gif
Old 12-08-2006, 11:25 PM
Banned

heh, emanage PWNs your lil smt 6 tongue.gif.. lemme know if you need any info from me, or if i can show, or get you any info from the emange, cuz i would really like one of those ignition boxes to give me a lil piece of mind.
Old 12-11-2006, 10:02 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: x3 accent gk tiburon santa fe

well if you have this handy, get me all the stuff about their ignition setting system
inputs,ouputs,polarities....
Old 01-13-2008, 07:58 AM

I recently bought an E-Manage Blue for the purpose of adding more fuel. I have reached my MAP limit on the SMT-6, so I thought that the E-Manage's Additional Injection Function would cure this.

Problem is though, whenever I hook up any of the injectors on the E-Manage, the injectors seem to go to 100% duty cycle the minute I connect them. This happens without even entering any value at the Additional Injection Map. The injectors I have used are 440cc one on the stock rail.

I have a Siemens MAP based ECU by the way

Any form of help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-13-2008, 12:17 PM
Banned

yeah, i would have done some more research before you bought it.. thats a problem that everyone has with the emanage.. i tried wiring it up like 4 different ways and it would ALWAYS go 100% duty cycle and it would just bog down.. the only thing i can think of is adding injectors and using the sub injector map..

i know denist has a injector fix for the SMT6 which would have fixed your problem.. what you NEED is a better MAP sensor, like a 3 bar sensor, and you should have been fine..

i have the emanage set up, but without either the ignition fix or injector problem fixed.. i am just adding fuel via another set of injectors using a MAP sensor.
Old 01-14-2008, 08:52 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SOCKS @ Jan 13 2008, 02:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>yeah, i would have done some more research before you bought it.. thats a problem that everyone has with the emanage.. i tried wiring it up like 4 different ways and it would ALWAYS go 100% duty cycle and it would just bog down.. the only thing i can think of is adding injectors and using the sub injector map..

i know denist has a injector fix for the SMT6 which would have fixed your problem.. what you NEED is a better MAP sensor, like a 3 bar sensor, and you should have been fine..

i have the emanage set up, but without either the ignition fix or injector problem fixed.. i am just adding fuel via another set of injectors using a MAP sensor.</div>

Someone in hyundaiperformance.com told me that the problem is the ECU detecting something else grounding the injector. They said that the fix would be adding diodes to prevent the current from going back to the ECU.