DIY Post all Hyundai DIY Guides here. You may also want to read some of our Hyundai Tutorials. Members who follow these guides do so at their own risks.

Emanage/emanage Ultimate Ignition Fix

Old 12-07-2005, 09:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Elantra HD / 2007

I have 2 questions to make things clear.

1. If I use SMT6, do I need to do ignition fix?

2. Does Siemens (MAP based ECU) need the ignition fix?
Old 12-07-2005, 05:42 PM

all hyundai ecus use the same ignition system just diffrent air measurement systems.

The smt6 dosnt have ignition problems from what i have heard denist is just using it as a test as if it works there it shoudl work elsewhere?

Denist the injector problem has nothing to do with the emanage itself its internally inside the ecu with the transitor array used to trigger the injectors for some reason when it sees a grounding signal from the injector wire it triggers too. What we need is to eliminate the transistor array and use 4 transistors to fire the injectors im not an electrician so i dont know what type or how to build the circut bord needed. it will still be a problem with yoru ignition box as ignition and the injector problem are not directly related. Dwel is allways an issue with electronics the only way to find out what it actually is to actually scope it with a osiliscope. When your tuning 6500rpm miliseconds of dwell come into play read up on it. The greddy emanage even has a built in dwell compensation for larger injectors so if dwell isnt an issue why would they incorporate that? You also need to test your box out on an emanage and check to make sure that everything is up to snuff as if its not you will to run into problems. Also i have installed a small cpu fan on my stock ecu and not once has it overheated.
Old 12-07-2005, 09:14 PM

t4turbotiburon: I actually tried to read the above text 3-4 times to try to understand what exactly is the problem you're experiencing. I cant. Try to be clearer.

What do you want to do exactly, and what is your problem? You want to add pulses to the stock injectors? You want to control additionnal injectors?

As for that...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Denist the injector problem has nothing to do with the emanage itself its internally inside the ecu with the transitor array used to trigger the injectors for some reason when it sees a grounding signal from the injector wire it triggers too.</div>

I don't understand what the problem is. You DO know that the ECU sends a GROUND signal to the injectors to fire them, right? So of course if you put the injector wire to ground, it will fire it 31.gif

As for a probable dwell "issue" with any of Denis/AtelierHP box, only know that the person who develops those boxes is very, VERY good at developping electronics for cars. You won't teach him nothing, Denis won't and I won't neither. If they release the said box, it will already have been tested and proved to be working exactly as expected.
Old 12-08-2005, 05:32 AM

What is going on with the injectors is when you use the emanage to add additional time to the stock injectors, (external grounding of injector wires) It for some reason triggers the ecu too. Again it has nothing to do with the emanage or igntion problem/fix. My guess its its getting some residual feedback and somehow triggering the transistor inside our stock ecu causing it to go to 100% duty cycle. Now with the emanage ultimate the additional injection harness is routed through the emanage not just T'd like the blue. With this scenario the stock ecu triggers the injectors all the time even with the car not running. Also this could be some sort of safty feature built into our ecu for shorts in injector wires? just a thought. But if someone could figure out how to setup the ignition fix and injector fix inside 1 unit with little extra wiring that would do it otherwise the emanage ultimate is almost useless just stay with the blue.
Old 12-08-2005, 12:59 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: x3 accent gk tiburon santa fe

if it's what i think that could be fixed,but to be sure i'll have to put my hands on an ultimate....
Old 12-06-2006, 12:34 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Great job bro. I edited your thread so that the pics are uploaded to the site, so they don't get lost or go "Down".</div>

How bout that smile.gif Any chance we could get those pictures refreshed or something?
Old 12-06-2006, 12:50 PM
Banned

he wont be on here much, hes really busy, ill give him a call next week, maybe monday and see if he can refresh the pics or send them to me..

i have his modded ECU right now, so if you want, i could take it apart, and take pics where the wires are soldered in. this ECU is off of his car, but he didnt need it when he went standalone, so just lemme know, and ill try and get some pics up, and do some reverse engineering type stuff, for the DIY.
Old 12-06-2006, 06:35 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

See I wouldnt want you to do that kinda work for me and then not use it, im just searching around on wether or not to go standalone or piggyback. I just wanted to get an idea of what kinda work im looking at toget piggyback to work.
Old 12-07-2006, 10:10 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: x3 accent gk tiburon santa fe

the box we made give us ful lignition control
so far it works nicely with th smt-6 but i didn't try one with an e-manage
computer isn't overheathing also ;-)
Old 12-08-2006, 01:45 AM
Banned

stop bragging, and let me try it out for the emanage.. lol.. i have my lil fan wizard, and it would be nicer to have the 'black ign. box'