DIY Post all Hyundai DIY Guides here. You may also want to read some of our Hyundai Tutorials. Members who follow these guides do so at their own risks.

Emanage/emanage Ultimate Ignition Fix

Old 10-31-2005, 06:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

REDZMAN said he would make this a sticky so here it goes.

This modification is pretty simple it requires very few tools and just about 1-1.5 hrs to complete. The reason for this modification is that the emanage dose not understand the high voltage signal coming from the ecu going to the coils. This should work on any hyundai with internal transistors Tiburon elantra97-05 accent and any others with similar ecu. I did try the darlington aray and transistor pack but it had overheating issues. This is the propor way to bypass the high voltage signal as we intercept it before it jumps up. The transistors we are dealing with are PNP style meaning the far left pin is the input the middle is high voltage out and the far rigth is the highvoltage in.
Here is a pic of the pinouts we will be intercepting the low voltage input the far left pin.

Attachment 71

Things you will need
1 A soldering iorn
2 Some solder
3 Some flux
3 Emanage Ignition harness

You need to remove the ecu from the left hand side of the dash by the clutch pedal and above the fuse box.
You then need to bend the tabs back so you can remove the top case of the ecu. Once you have done that take out the 4 torques bit screws from the back case this will open up both sides of teh ecu and should be like this.
[attachment=111:attachment]

Once you have the ecu accessable you will need to remove these 2 transistors that control the ignition they are sensitve to heat so a heat clip or another heat removal method should be used. take your time they are delicate.
[attachment=112:attachment]

Once you have removed the transistor you should have somthing like this.
[attachment=113:attachment]

I have already soldered the output wire from the emanage onto the transistor Again do this with a heat clip or other heat removal methods. The front transistor (facing away from ecu pinouts) should use the Blue wires Ch 1 the one Facing the Ecu pinouts uses the orange wires Ch 2, I dont belive this really matters as its just altering the signal somone correct me if im wrong.

Once you have soldered the wire onto the transistor then you can move to the pcb board you want to solder your wire for the input to the emanage to the far left pinhole for each transistor. Should look somthing like this.

[attachment=114:attachment]

Once you have done this repeat to the other transistor remember the pin you are intercepting is the far left on the transisitor not on the board if you intercept the far left on the board you may fry your emanage. if you are looking at the front side of the transistor (side with writing/ black face) it is always the far left pin.

You will have to cut a small hole in the exterior of the case so the wires may exit i also recomend that you ziptie them internally so they do not break the solders you have made. use a gromet or some electrical tape at the hole so the wires are not worn through and everything should be good.

Plug harness into ecu and start the car to make sure everything is kosher before you reinstall the ecu as this will save some time if somthing isnt right. Hope this helps with the install and good luck to ya.
For any of the weak hearted out there I do this modification for 50$+shipping you can pm me anytime.

*EDITED BY REDZMAN. IT'S REDZMAN, NOT REDZMANZ. LOL*
Old 10-31-2005, 11:39 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Wow thanks a grip dude. I think this will come in very useful when we use the emanage to go out with the turbo kits. Good work.
Old 11-01-2005, 08:02 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Great job bro. I edited your thread so that the pics are uploaded to the site, so they don't get lost or go "Down".

We will move this to the DIY section, and add to the listing.

Very good job.
Old 11-01-2005, 04:13 PM

Thank you redZman, sorry about hte location didnt think much of it when i first did the writeup anyway good luck to ya.
Old 11-01-2005, 08:12 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

i un-stickied this, but added it to the DIY listing(in the sticky section of the DIY forum) under power adders/extreme mods so it will be easily accesable for everyone who needs it.

i just dont think we need individual DIYs stickied in the DIY section. it will start to get cluttered.
Old 11-01-2005, 09:19 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Good job, I just stickied it for you so it wouldn't get lost.
Old 11-07-2005, 01:11 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

Maybe I didn't catch something, but what exactly does this mod do? What are the benifits and such.
If worth while, I may try it.
Old 11-07-2005, 04:52 AM

In the past when this mod was unknown it was impossible to get the igntion control for the emanage/eu to work with our ignition system due to diffrent/wrong signals going into the emanage that it didnt like. So i just went before it changed it to a weird signal so that it could be used. Now that ignition is working we have a piggyback computer that will be capable of enormous things. Even better the new ultimate is out will be tesing within 2 weeks and this is capable of even more. Lets put it this way its about as close to a full standalone as we can get.

Also i have found one other thing that needs to be done with the stock ecu I dont know if its somthing to do with the emanage signals going into the ecu or what but it dosnt make sense to me but after driving for about 2 hrs the car likes to die, I have found this to be due to overheating of the ecu and in 5 min after so it will start again. If i leave the ecu out on the floorboard where cool air can get to it I HAVE NO ISSUES its when its up under the dash that i have these problems. I purchased a small radioshack fan to install in the caseing of the ecu to prevent this problem, and HAVE NOT had any issues since. Again i dont know if its a one time deal with just my ecu or if everyone is going to have these issues and i dont know what is causing this but i do know the fix. Anyway if anyone with some electronics background has an osiliscope to take a look at the signal and see what it is go for it other than that i just say stick a fan in the case and dont bother. And other than this little hicup everything works great ignition pulls just like its supposed to and car runs great.
Old 11-07-2005, 10:35 AM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: x3 accent gk tiburon santa fe

i'm working on something for the ignition,if results are good you'll have news of it before the end of the week
it should be an easier fix then opening up the computer