The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Payin Out Hyundais

Old 08-28-2006, 04:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Guys by far the best way the deal of people asking you to street race. Tell them that when they feel their car is faster than mine or just want to go with me to the track they are welcome to come.

If they say something bad about the car or a slight error in a mod. Like my hood gap was barely off at all and some idiots were like laughing at it. Just ask what the problem is, then say that you are aware of it. Tell them guess what that mod makes the car faster why dont you try to make your car better?
Old 08-28-2006, 08:24 PM

Brian makes a good point.. most guys when challenged will probably agree to race on the street... if somebody thinks (knows) their car is faster than yours.. challenge them to the track. I bet even if you offered to pay their entrance fee, they will still make some up some sort of excuse.

Too many variables on the street and it is too dangerous (and we condemn racing on it here) but in front of the crowds with only a light tree and a 1/4 mile of asphault between them and failure.. most of them will chicken out.
Old 08-28-2006, 08:56 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

I've found that most of them have hondas that will only do roll races. A Honda doesn't move until it gets to 8 grand in 3rd gear. Laaaaaaaame.
Old 08-28-2006, 08:57 PM

I upgraded from a bone stock 1995 Pontaic Grand AM to this 2001 Hyundai Tiburon. At first, I was building it for show (Body kit, wing, visual mods...) And then I met this guy from Los Angeles who came to live here in Arkansas for a while. 'Til this day, me and the guy from LA are best friends. he drives an S14 (1995 Nissan 240SX) His suspension is fully built. He told me what the Tiburon was capable of on cornering. That's where I got into the suspension on this car. When I first had the Tiburon, EVERYONE was dogging me because I had a Hyundai Tiburon that was an AUTOMATIC. Now that I've done some work to the suspension, everyone still dogs me about having an engine that is still stock, except for CAI, but they shut up about road racing, because they know what the Tib can do around corners. Ever since I have had the 'tuner' look, everyone who ownes a slightly modded Suzuki Swift to a fully built Nissan S14 are now my friends. I'm for sure keeping this Tib for as long as I can. Especially after I'm done modding it. It should be a fun 13 second Turbo car. smile.gif I hope to be aiming up for a 350Z once the Tib gets paid off. I'm happy that I chose a 2001 Tiburon over an H22 Prelude.
Old 08-28-2006, 10:27 PM

Vehicle: 1998 Tiburon

Well I have said it before but Ill say it again.

The Tiburon has the handling of a $40k+ sportscar.

As the dude said on Top Gear when doing a rolling review.

"This is a good drive, a really good drive.. And I dont mean good for $18k I mean, good, period"
Old 08-29-2006, 01:22 AM

Tibs are heaps good..i used to hate Hyundais but thats cos i never had one..Everyone just kept sayin its shit so i was saying the same thing again..but after i bought it..couldnt be happier... wink1.gif Oh well..whoever pays me out again ill just shoot them and/or run them over owned.gif
Old 08-29-2006, 04:44 AM

Watch the movie Fast and the Furious Tokyo drift.
The first sportcar shown entering the Car park is a hyundai tiburon v6.
although when lucas black was given the Mitsubishi EVO, they did dish the hyundai.

I've heavily modified my hyundai, but it cost a lot of money.
And stripped the interior to lose extra weight in the car.

If maybe the person that's dishing the hyundai has got a good sportcar.
Then pop your hood for comparison's on the hardware installed.
Old 08-29-2006, 06:08 AM

Yeah i saw the Tokyo Drift..my we went wit like 10 guys..when the guy goes "wat did u think im goin to let u roll in the hyundai" they just started crackin up so hard.. i got owned.gif yeah well ppl who pay me out bout having it, havent had one, driven one..or been in it..so they got no idea..i had couple of friends drive my car..they all seem to love it..or at least not pay it out anymore cool.gif Tiburon sounds good..but here rd1 and rd2 are called Coupe..which is sorta girlish name..lol
Old 08-29-2006, 08:59 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Fx Coupe

^ Coupe is OK but it's when people call it the S-Coupe that it bugs me... even mechanics & parts places often call it the S-Coupe, even though the S-Coupe is the previous boxy model. Ignorant bastards! wink1.gif
Old 08-29-2006, 10:23 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

people hate hyundais because their electronics break and they are cheap plastic cars. it's 100% true but that's the point. we get a good cheap plastic car that will last us 100,000 miles more than their expensive POS with similar problems.

our elantra wagon 5-speed was sold in factory condition and that thing was a home depot construction beater. our second elantra was part time home depot construction/5 times a year to florida beater. both cars never gave us any problems with regard to maintenance. all three tiburons were fantastic.

i can't think of a better student starter car for $500 than a hyundai accent. all other cars for $500 are like old ass saturns and oldsmobiles. WTF are people complaining about. thos asscakes probably drive cavaliers.