Hyundai Aftermarket

Hyundai Aftermarket (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/)
-   The Char Pit (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/char-pit-47/)
-   -   Payin Out Hyundais (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/char-pit-47/payin-out-hyundais-38243/)

Osv4 08-28-2006 03:16 AM

I keep gettin paid out in school that im driving a Hyundai..as it is the "worst world car" "crappest car ever"..and stuff like that..i even heared thats its a "granny car"...i used to think similar to that..but since i bought it and drove it i love it..dunno why ppl hate hyundais? Anyone know? Cant figure out why people hate them...Its one of the best cars that look good in stock..

Talkin performance wise my Tib is pretty stock..ive got only the headers and the cannon..getting the CAI done this weekend.. thinking about a turbo and those sorta mods for next year..it just everyone keeps sayin "why bother..its a Hyundai" mad.gif

sjl01 08-28-2006 03:49 AM

Line them all up , and then run thier ass's down.

My Tib is one of the best rides i've had, so much fun to drive and i love what you can do to them(mods).

Osv4 08-28-2006 04:19 AM

Yeah well...this guy was full paying me out..and hes got this piece of sh1t old Ute..its like 20 years old 4.1L.. Auto aswel..i go race me and we will c whos car is better..well he kinda shat himself and said his boys will smash me.. lmao.gif

Wit mods..it will be good in US or Europe..but i live in Australia..this car is pretty uncommon and they dont have many shops that u can buy stuff at..i had to make my own CAI cos no one had a specific one for my car..and shippin from US is just too much..So even if i do find something..the price is just too much..cos i dont work and still tryin to finish year 12..so its kinda crap..

sjl01 08-28-2006 04:27 AM

Mmmm, his boys, what about him(chicken shat).

I don't see many Tibs where i live in the U.K, even less with mods, that's one of the things i like about it.
All the moded cars here are Saxos, pugoets and clios, so bored of seing these same oll cars moded, i wanted somthing a bit different.

Osv4 08-28-2006 04:40 AM

yeah..thats wat i like about my car..its sorta unique..so if u get a body kit..it looks hot..but its just the name thats bringing it down..every second car (a bit exagurating=DD) here is a WRX or Skyline or 200sx..or any other sports types..but Tibs arent very common..so i love it..it just makes the parts more expencive and thats the only bad thing.. cool.gif

deadlybydesign 08-28-2006 04:46 AM

hey dude dont get to down before my tib i had a supra.... and that thing was HELLA expenceve to mod.... sold it for my tib.... never been happier... or had more kills on the road:)

Osv4 08-28-2006 04:56 AM

^ yeah..but u actually have a modded car..i cant afford mods atm..so if i try to race someone ill get smoked..=DD well i do smoke my friends cars..but they drive 4.0L V6s..but they r auto and my is manual..so thats y they get owned..but after like 100km/h they just kill me..=DD

xxxmonoxidechild 08-28-2006 05:34 AM

thats funny, last i knew JD POWER doesnt give awards to "crappy cars" and i think this is like the 5th or 6th straight year hyundai has won mulitple. just point that out to them, they obviousely have no clue, ask if there cars have won any JD power awards lately? wink1.gif

domi 08-28-2006 05:36 AM

I understand you man!!
Not about racing and stuff, but yesterday we had a meeting.
And we were with about 8 Hyundai's; Tib's, Scoupe's and a excel. We got directions to a little alley, put your cars over there, it was pooring rain outside, so we were like Ok.
Hardly anybody came to see us, so we decided to put the cars a bit different and play some music and they decided to get up in the alley they walked like half way, oooh only Hyundai and walked back....

Where is the love!?

OzFxCoupe 08-28-2006 06:13 AM

Osv4, don't get baited mate... especially by people you don't even know. Definitely don't street race or make suggestions to peeps that you'll take them on: it's stupid. If you're going to have it out with someone, let it be for something a little more worthwhile than because the guy said your car is a piece of sh!t. If they bad mouth your missus, stand up for her & then if the need arises, punch them in the ribs & then in the face. If they bad mouth your car, don't take any notice of them.

My last 2 cars were Commodores sixe that made pretty decent power but those with V8s would try to put me down... & now I drive a 2.0L 4cyl Hyundai those with V8s don't say anything & those with Jap cars will try to hang sh!t on my car. It's like some deep inner need for some people to make themselves feel better about themselves by finding people with cars - that are in their eyes - not as good.

My next car might be a turbo 4 or a large capacity 6... who knows. I have mates that drive all sorts of different cars, from pretty good ones to not so good ones. The ones with the WRXs, Skylines & 200SXs usually had a lot of help from family in buying &/or modding their cars, or live at home so all the money they make can go into their cars. Those ones usually have shitty jobs so you can pay them out for their shitty jobs & for living at home at the age of 25+, should you feel the need to, lol... but you're still in school so be the bigger man & shrug it off. You don't need to impress anyone but the ladies, who don't care much for mucho bravado anyway & most that I've met love the look of the Coupe & find it downright sexy fing02.gif

& then of course you've got your good mates: your mates will always try to pay you out... but that's what mates are for wink1.gif