The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Payin Out Hyundais

Old 08-29-2006, 11:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1999/Hyundai/Tiburon

^^^^ I can't tell whether you're bad mouthing Hyundai or hating Hyundai, but trying to be nice at the same time.. damnit.gif
Old 08-29-2006, 11:46 PM

Vehicle: 1997 RD Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (OzFxCoupe @ Aug 30 2006, 12:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>^ Coupe is OK but it's when people call it the S-Coupe that it bugs me... even mechanics & parts places often call it the S-Coupe, even though the S-Coupe is the previous boxy model. Ignorant bastards! wink1.gif</div>

F**KEN AYE........That aggrivates me something severe. Trying to order parts for my car, like Oxy Sensors or switches...etc and the guy on the other end of the line goes "So it's a 97 S-coupe.......aaaahh, um, I cant find anything for that, sure its not a Excel or Elantra" I just want to slap them with a brick...

OSV4: Don't worry about stupid kids at school bagging out your Hyundai, let them read Hot4's or Fast Fours and turn the pages to see Silvia, Skyline, 180SX, 200SX......Skyline, Silvia, Lancer. Get's boring after 2 or 3 issues. Don't let them get you down, they know dick-all nothing, just enjoy your car and let them worry about their sheepish ideas of flocking to anything with a Nissan badge.
Old 08-30-2006, 12:01 AM

Tuning is about YOU. Who care if people hate your can because its a Hyundai. There will alwas be people like that. You should make you car the way you want and no one else, your the one driving it. I am here stuck with a buch of people from Iowa, and they are all about trucks and 4x4s. I am alwas getting shit for driving a tiburon but I dont care its the car I chose and I whould never pick another.

In a few years people will see that hyundai is a very good car compay puting out VERY good cars, even are sister compay KIA is bring out some very nice cars. But if you look at it though the markets view all of the domesit car companys are failing and all the imports are riseing in the market. Whens the last time a import had to lay off 30,000 jobs.

All anyone should do is drive and mod you Tiburon as you like and try not to worrie if thos Ford, Chevy, Honda guys are going to like you.
Old 08-30-2006, 12:57 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (OzFxCoupe @ Aug 30 2006, 12:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>^ Coupe is OK but it's when people call it the S-Coupe that it bugs me... even mechanics & parts places often call it the S-Coupe, even though the S-Coupe is the previous boxy model. Ignorant bastards! wink1.gif</div>

Yeah..i was just on the phone wit a shop, cos i need to buy new rotors for the front..and the guy was like is it S-Coupe..im like nooo...just simply Coupe..didnt believe me..so annoying...S-Coupe r too boxy...i hate the look of skylines aswel..brick on for wheels lmao.gif
Old 08-30-2006, 01:05 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

Everyone used to make fun of my car, doesn't matter what it was they would find something about it to pick on.

A couple years later when I got the red tib, for $800, I drove all the way to new jersey (i live in wisconsin). The entire world (including some family) told me I was the biggest retard in the world, "driving to new jersey for an 800 dollar car? what an idiot" etc etc.

Now, 1 year later, my tib is one of the faster cars around, and better looking. Now everytime I tell the story of getting the car for $800, everyone says something like "damn man, you always get the deals. how the hell did you get that for $800!!?? find me a car!!"

BUT, the people who told me I was stupid and would regret it, they have nothing to say.

It's just plain ignorance.

If someone can show and PROVE to me 5 good reasons why "Hyundais suck," I would be very surprised. On the other hand, anyone who knows anything about these cars can EASILY prove that Hyundais definitely DON'T suck. Hell, turn on the TV and watch some of their commericals even.

Choose your battles in life, you can't battle ignorance. No matter how much proof you give them, whether you beat them in a race, beat them in a car show, your car has less miles, costed less, it looks nicer...it DOESN'T MATTER, they will still say it sucks. And hence the phrase...Ignorance is bliss.
Old 08-30-2006, 02:37 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Also Ive never had anyone say anything bad about my car if their car was better than mine. Those with nicer cars usually will try to help me out. Such as their favorite tire what to do to the tire for optimal traction (my tires when they gget to hot they lose grip so its best to spray every 3rd lap or something)
Old 08-30-2006, 06:29 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I'll be totally honest..when I first got my tib after about a few weeks I hated it. It kept breaking down but I realized it wasnt the tibs fault it was the past owners fault..they probably hardly ever maintenanced it. After the stuff got all fixed up, I loved it.

Now even with all the crap going on with my tib, I still love it. If Im looking for a 'beater' I try to find hyundai's..because they are really reliable. A lot of people still believe that they suck..but obviously they are still thinking about Hyundai's nasty past..which is pretty ignorant.

I got sh-t all the time about owning a Hyundai..the people I used to talk to said I stepped down big time because I used to own a Nissan 200SX..which is way slower then the tib and the handling sucks. I obviously stopped talking to those people because they were ignorant. The only people who said I stepped up were the people I used to work with at my old job. A few people even wanted to go out and buy the tib.

I dont get many compliments on the tib but when I do people say "wow thats a really nice car" and any ricer who hears its turbocharged just looks at it in shock.

Dont listen to these people who say Hyundai sucks..they obviously got their heads stuck in the past. My dad unfortunately is one of those people (he always tells me to sell the tib and that its a piece of junk) but I just learn to deal with it.
Old 09-02-2006, 08:08 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SwiftTiburon @ Aug 31 2006, 10:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>the people I used to talk to said I stepped down big time because I used to own a Nissan 200SX..which is way slower then the tib and the handling sucks.</div>

This is hard to believe..was the 200sx modded at all? Cos ive got a friend thats crying about 200sx and as i showed him this post he said it is totally impossible=DD Hard to believe but it could be true since ur Tib is modded cool.gif

My dad always gives shit to me about the Tib..he bought me the car in the first place..i wanted this one but he said no cos it will keep breaking down and stuff like that..he said if it starts screwing up he wont be paying anything for the repairs and as im still on school i wouldnt be able to pay for it either=D but nuthing happened to it so far..just the general stuff that happens to a car even if its a BMW or Mercedes=DDD
Old 09-02-2006, 08:15 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

All the suspension in my Nissan was brand new. I changed the struts, shocks and put eibach springs on there. The handling still was crappy. Every bump you hit, you felt big time. I loved that car but that was my one complaint..along with it being super slow lol but it was a 1.6l.

My tib is only modded engine wise. The handling of it on a stock suspension is awesome..my tibs suspension handles turns better then my dad's chrysler 300 lol..but hes got me beat on traction control etc.
Old 09-02-2006, 08:17 PM

^^How many turns are there in a 1/4 mile track?

Some people's goals are different than others.