The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Payin Out Hyundais

Old 10-26-2006, 11:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Compared to what? R34? 200sx?=D
Old 10-26-2006, 11:28 PM

I think that if Hyundai joins F1 series in 2010 and wins alot, i'm sure the rep will be better. I posted the thing that I saw on here about the F1 series, and pretty much what I got was "Hyundai will be spending 1 million a year just for coming in last..." and another guy said "...that's a joke." and then I had the guys who have positive thoughts saying "I might just watch F1 to see how this gos, if Hyundai does god, the sales will increase and it's rep will be higher." 50% of the people I know have test drove a GK GTV6 and didn't like how slow it was. All I had to say about that was "Well, you're driving a GK. Yeah it has a 180hp V6, but the GK's are heavier as well, you're not driving a 2400ish lbs. car, you'd have to drive an RD chassis for that." I'm sure i'm putting around 111whp with my stock engine, i'm not sure what a stock GK V6 puts down.
Old 10-26-2006, 11:37 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Fx Coupe

^ A stock GK would probably make about 140whp.
Old 10-26-2006, 11:53 PM

Really? Yah....I guess you're right on that.
Old 10-26-2006, 11:59 PM

Thats wierd---I never get a lot of crap over my '06GK. In fact, I get alot of people ogling all over it. I get "ooh's and ahh's" even by people who are all into the WRX's, Skylines, etc. I guess they are looking at the car for its looks and not really looking at it for the speed (although I still don't think its slow at all).

People who base their like's of cars off of FnF, more than likely don't know much about the cars anyway and their knowledge of them is probably based off of the movies.

It's kind of like people who when they think of the muscle car era, all they like are the Mustangs or Camaro's---because those are the most popular of the bunch. I guess you will always have folks like that.

I think the Skyline is ugly unless they put a nice body kit on it and I also think that the Subaru WRX is an ugly box as well; however, for being so ugly, their performance is amazing. Heck, the Evo is even ugly in IMO, but once again, the NFS it is packin' is nice.

I like a car more for its looks and quality. If I can have the performance along with those 2 things as well---I feel like a lucky man. I would never have bought the Subaru WRX (I had the chance between that and the SRT-4) simply because I think it looks like and 80's boxy "to and from work" kind of car with a "wish I was a 60-70's muscle car" hood and a spoiler on the back-- "just because we needed to make it look even more ridiculous." ---but again, that sucker is fast as a mudder! Anyway, thats my 2 cents.
Old 10-27-2006, 01:13 AM

^yeah that would pretty much be the case..My friend just msged me on MSN and pointed out a little thing in 2 Fast 2 Furious..If you got the movie have a look..about the 38th minute, after they get the job, they drive the EVO and Spider back to that garage..and as they drive in there is a blue RD1 parked there wink1.gif hehe tongue.gif
Old 10-30-2006, 06:33 AM

Vehicle: 2003 Hyundai Tiburon GT

god i hate ignorant poeple. when we where out at a 240 range today requalifying, all i heard was shit talking on tibs and hyundai. god i was getting pissed almos makes me wanna waste my time with looking up the facts and numbers on shit just to prove the "hyundais arent pieces of crap, and that honda is so much better"
Old 10-30-2006, 03:21 PM

hehe...i still cant figure out why this is happeninig..maybe our cars are that shit we just cant see it lmao.gif