Vehicle Showroom This forum is for you to post up images of your car, if you do not want to use the Gallery. You can upload directly from your posts or use Imageshack to host files.

I'm back, with a new Coupe

Old 07-03-2012, 02:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: X3 Sprint, S-Coupe Turbo

Phwoar!

I probably wouldn't bother with the scoop mang. Aerodynamic forces are really weak until you are going 50-60+ mph, so... plus it takes a fair bit of testing to get the scoop positioned in a high pressure zone and not causing undue drag.

We didn't get the Honda Accord type-R here, until the late 2000s when we got the watered-down accord euro 'sport'. How is the handling? It's obviously heavier than the tib, but I would expect it to still be quite crisp with all of honda's wizardry in that department.

I'm a big fan of the MG ZS so this accord interests me greatly.
Old 07-03-2012, 03:45 PM

Vehicle: F2 Evolution

Originally Posted by wheel_of_steel
It's obviously heavier than the tib,

RD yes, GK, not much in it. 1300kg, non aircon versions 1290kg, thats similar to 2.0 GK, and 70kg LESS than V6! Feels a bit french at times though, this weight was achieved by lots of tricks, one of them using thinner panels. Chassis is fully stiffened, engine is the 2.2 H22, Prelude engine fully worked over by Mugen UK, 25bhp more than Lude as stock. Very quick in a straightline, even more amazing in the bends, howeever on long drives it does feel like trying to have a gentle cruise in a track car! love the LSD though, would pay anything for one in my Coupe.

Random bit is the Accord Type R idea was rejected in Japan, but the European market wanted fast saloons, so Accords were designed and built in the UK, then the Japanese realised what they missed, so copied, hence the name Euro-R, instead of the usual Type-R on JDM models.

Both my cars are limited tuns specials (approx 1500 of each) so hoping keeping them in good shape means they'll appreicate. The F2 Evos are already showing signs of starting to in the UK. official records show only 530 left registered, immaculate ones fetching more money than early GKs.
Old 07-08-2012, 03:20 PM

Brilliant. I'd love me some LSD in my various FWD vehicles. It just makes sense.

I mean, that really is a great compromise. People feel the need to buy a huge V6 or V8 to do fulfil the same role in australia, durr.
Old 08-22-2012, 01:25 PM

Bit of an update, cars not changed much, only a lightweight battery fitted, that still needs the cables re-ended to match the terminals, and a rear strut bar.

battery weight is 5kg (approx 11lbs), old one was 18kg (approx 40 lbs).

the fitment pic was in the early stages, the tie down method has been altered slightly, as this one didn't realy hold it to well

Old 08-22-2012, 01:34 PM

Finally, i got to use her in anger with her first track session. was only a 20 minute session, sharing the track with a 400bhp Focus RS, 2 lotus elises 9all just blew me away, obviously), a Porsche Boxster, who actually lost a couple car lengths to me in the tight technical sections of the track (in the link below, Montreal hairpin round to Williams), and only realy gained at the end of the 2 straights adn the 2 very high speed curves, and old BMW, with an owner making silly claims of M3 engine in it, but finished half a lap (around a 3 minute lap in a road car) behind me.

http://www.snetterton.co.uk/circuit-information.aspx

Old 08-22-2012, 02:40 PM

Nice

It doesn't look all that untidy mid-corner. Positive camber isn't excessive, body roll isn't excessive either. However you still have all four wheels on the ground, so there's room for more rear roll stiffness. I'll look at the video when I get home from work.

How are dem cold starts with the new battery?
Old 08-23-2012, 02:40 PM

batterys been spot on, i was worried a bit to start with, so much so I actually carried the old one round for a few weeks just in case.

Not to sure what else to do to stiffen car up, not keen on lowering as i live in the Uk's equivalent of hillbilly country, and roads resemble something from a WW2 film :biggrin: Lowered one before, and can't use it as a daily.

i'm tempted by polybushes, but the kits I seen are for left hand drive, a couple of the bits had to be moved for right hand drive models, so pretty sure someone in Uk tried it, and couldn't fit it all.
Old 02-10-2013, 12:24 PM

Finally had some time, and half decent weather, to get out and do some work.

First up, removed this excess weight

ARK lightweight pulleys, fitted a while back, but only just got pics. Very big thanks to Hyundai Kit Coupe, ARK don't ship to UK, so I had to trust him to recieve them and forward them onto me, which he did.

Also got a half width aluminium radiator off Chapp, fitting that gave me plenty of space to move the airbox forward so the intake is right in the grill.

This does now leave me with a bit of a hole next to the radiator, will do some more swatting up on aerodynamics before deciding if I need to fill it.
Old 02-11-2013, 04:47 AM

Very interesting! I love the work you're doing.

You might find that air is just spilling through the hole next to your radiator - but there's enough excess capacity in the system to deal with that. If I remember right, a good oem setup will have 1-2 psi of pressure difference @ 60mph from front to back on the radiator.
Old 03-06-2013, 01:22 PM

I am planning to close the big gap near the radiator. I had planned it to be further over then have a grill mounted panal filter like the wrc car. But the mounts meant the rad had to go much further to the right than planned.

I've also swapped airbox for a cone filter. Not usually a fan of cones on NA, but the weight of the box was to much for such a long pipe.

Last post in this thread has a pic of what I had planned if rad could have been positioned further over.

https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/f...lly-paint-job/