Vehicle Showroom This forum is for you to post up images of your car, if you do not want to use the Gallery. You can upload directly from your posts or use Imageshack to host files.

99 Tiburon FX

Old 02-20-2017, 10:48 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

Originally Posted by rob40
don't blame you tbh, i'll keep my eye out for a set over here for you but chances are they're gonna be in the same state as the ones you've already got.
Thanks, appreciate keeping an eye out for me.
Old 02-23-2017, 06:18 AM

Anyone else have shipping problems with FourGreen? I ordered several small parts which don't weight anything. But, I also ordered a dash surround. They want $86 to ship that thing. I'm thinking about canceling the order. I've had larger items ship from the UK that didn't cost that much.

Plus, I put in my order 2.5 weeks ago and they are just now emailing me about it.
Old 02-23-2017, 11:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

I received my 1.8L cam from them within 2 weeks, about a month ago. Brand new, triple-packaged. Considering you get a new part, considering it will definitively be shipped and you will receive it, considering they do a great job packaging, I wouldn't say it's so bad. The dash is pretty large compared to some other cars, it's just about fair. Keep your order, wait the extra week or two and have peace of mind. Sometimes it's just more worth it to pay some extra $20 and wait the extra time, at least the way I see things.

I'm trying to have the actual F2 EVO 2 bumper made and that was 1 year ago. I'm still waiting, but I'm persistent and I even said I'll pay anything, a thousand dollars, two thousand... because if I don't, I will never ever get anything done.
Old 03-03-2017, 06:22 AM

Well, I went ahead and paid the shipping fees. Should be here soon. I'm almost having second thoughts on keeping the dash black. Kind of pondering the idea of spraying it factory white to match the car. Although, painted dashes have always seemed a little ricey to me and added too much color.

Rather than pulling the ignition key cylinder, since I can't get it out, I just ordered new key blanks and will have the other lock re-keyed to what I have. They're coming slow mail, so more waiting....

I'm starting to work on the engine bay. I used Simple Green to get most of it clean, so all that's left is the typical grime that needs to thoroughly scrubbed along with removing a few parts so I can get behind and below them. Looks like the PS pump had/has a leak, so there's a lot of grime around it.

I contacted Mishimoto about trying to locate a 90 elbow for the waterpump tube to thermo housing connection. I don't know why they didn't include that in the kit. Shouldn't cost but another $10.

There's really not much left on my list to do.

- Tint

- Refinish Wheels

- Suspension (struts/springs or Ksports)

- Suspension Bushings

- XG BBK with Braided Brake Lines

- Seat Heaters

- Alignment

- Repaint blemishes

- Re-chrome "Evolution" Badges

I think once I get these items out of the way, I can call the car "complete". lol Maybe I'll get back to the other Tib. I'll have more progress pics shortly, but here's the latest after adding the bumper and 1 of the HID's for comparison.

20170218_145622crop.jpg

New F2 badges:

20170223_173700.jpg
Old 03-03-2017, 11:34 PM

Hey man I've read all over the internet NEVER to test HID's with stock bulbs. It screws up the wiring somehow and one side becomes dimmer.

Also, forget tinting. It bubbles and eventually comes off with time, 4-5 years and you'll be scraping it off. I had mine professionally done.

Nice going with the mesh. I did the same thing. I used E6000 to hold it in place and it's held up wonderfully for 10 years.

Throw on those glass lens. Car'll look brand new!

Also, I really want to copy my MSD spoiler. I think it looks better than the F2 spoiler. I'm wondering about doing that before I leave to the U.S. because I'm going to have that put on instead of the shark wing. Hopefully I'll have some photos.
Old 03-04-2017, 07:52 AM

Didn't know about the HID's. But, they look fine now.

I really want the tint to protect the interior. I know a tint guy that'll do it right.

I haven't forgotten about the lenses. I'm debating on throwing in some LED's at the same time. I just haven't given much thought about whether to go with halos or something different and modern looking.

What's bugging me more are the foglamps. They look yellow. I'm not sure a sanding will help, so I'm wanting to replace them as well.
Old 03-05-2017, 08:08 AM

Yeah man, it's going to look beautiful with the lens. You NEVER have to worry about fade nor visibility issues.

Forget halos. I've got them on mine and now I think they're rice. The car looks better without them. Keep it 90's,factory and simple.

I've looked into it. There are no glass foglamps for us. You can get new ones, but they'll just end up oxidizing and getting chipped by debris again. I'm not really sure what to do about that... I've got a pair of new fogs but reluctant to install them
Old 03-05-2017, 09:11 AM

Yea, I should probably not screw up the lamps anyways. lol Besides, I really want to finish this project so I can get back to work on the race Tib. It's been dead due to needing a new Haltech and I really need to start saving for one. I got the alignment done yesterday and found that the front passenger control arm is bent. They couldn't get it aligned correctly, so it still pulls a little. If I replace that one, I'll want to replace the whole bushing system....$300. The rest of the suspension is dead and needs to be replaced as well ($1k), but that big chunk of expense will also have to wait.

Funny how even a good looking $300 car needs over $3k in upgrades and replacement parts in order to get back to factory feel.
Old 03-10-2017, 07:02 AM

Got the BRD motor mounts and plan to install them tomorrow. I'm still calling around to get these damn Evo badges fixed. However, I put them in Acetone last night, then polished them a little and they look a lot better than they did before. If I don't find someone that can fix them, then I may leave them as is.

The F2 badge is a better image of what is going on and what they looked like before polishing them. The camera can help zoom into the defects much better than you can see with the naked eye. Looks like the chrome is rusting and chipping away. There should be black inside the evolution script so that it stands out better. Only one shows it well. The others are fading.

20170309_190846.jpg

20170309_200318.jpg
Old 03-12-2017, 08:23 AM

Got the front/rear engine bushings installed yesterday. Took less than an hour. It's so much better when you have the right tools like an impact for the 4 bracing bolts and a saws-all for cutting out the stock bushing.

I tore apart the dash in order to install the F2E cluster and ran into some weird issues. For one, the F2E cluster does not have a check engine or seatbelt light! How do those brits know if they have engine problems? lol Also, the brake light stayed on even when I released the parking brake. So, I'm just halfway solve this by swapping just the faces. The brake light will work, but I won't see a seatbelt or CEL icon anymore.

I also need to run to the auto store to grab some new bulbs. Don't want to throw this all back together and have them go out on me.

Notice the blanked out CEL and seatbelt lights on the left cluster:

20170311_141552.jpg

20170311_143507.jpg

Quick Reply: 99 Tiburon FX