Vehicle Showroom This forum is for you to post up images of your car, if you do not want to use the Gallery. You can upload directly from your posts or use Imageshack to host files.

99 Tiburon FX

Old 03-30-2017, 02:04 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

Noooo!!! Can you at least put me in your will to get those?
Old 04-13-2017, 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by JonGTR
Look what I just won for $34!!!

It's for the 98 F2, but still a nice piece of literature and very rare. Stainless steel covers and binder.

Attachment 2431

Guys! This book is amazing! The ebay ad didn't take enough pictures. It's like a work of art. Well, not like, it actually IS since it was sent off to a professional artwork studio to be made. The covers really are stainless steel and I can't just take a picture of each page. Due to the pages interacting with one another, I'm gonna have to take a video while turning pages. I just can't believe I got it without a fight. What a score!
Old 04-13-2017, 06:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vehicle: 2000/Hyundai/Coupe F2 Evo

grrrrrrrrrr
Old 04-13-2017, 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by rob40
grrrrrrrrrr
I know how you feel. I wanted to post this on HCOC, but I didn't want to rub it in with all my excitement. lol IMO, it may be the crown jewel of F2 memorabilia. Was this included with the purchase of all 98 F2's? Or did you have to pay extra for it?
Old 04-13-2017, 08:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vehicle: 2000/Hyundai/Coupe F2 Evo

no idea tbh, i haven't seen any others knocking about. Maybe they made less of them than cars and the first 500 who wanted them paid for it or something like that.
Old 04-13-2017, 08:29 AM

Wow, feeling lucky as hell about it now.
Old 07-06-2017, 07:08 AM

Progress update:

I took 2 months off because I was really bummed out about the F2E gauge face. Took a lot of effort to get the dash out. Found out the face is different than US spec, so pondered that for a while. Bought led bulbs that looked like sh*t behind the face, and thought about that as well before giving up and putting the factory bulbs back in. And 95+ degree temps are already here, so working outside sucks. But, I managed to just throw it all back together and get her running again. I'll need to tackle the bulb issue another time. Or get professional help with it. Any recommendations?

While I was doing the gauge face, I also bought a black dash so I can swap it for the ugly factory brown-ish dash that it came with. F2E's had all black dash panels, so it makes since anyways. The large piece was easy to come by, however the smaller pieces like the radio surround and kick panel I'll need to locate in a junkyard or something.

I'm not sure if it's because it was sitting for a while, but the car is idling rough. Could be old gas. Could be a sensor. Could need to clean the injectors again. Hopefully it won't take long for me to diagnose.

Now for the good news:

I managed to acquire more F2E center caps from our fellow UK member, coupecrazyman. I now have ample spares in case they get lost on the road.

And for even better news, Hobgoblin found a set of F2 and "Evolution" badges brand new in the pack from his old build!!! Now I don't need to pay out the ass for rechroming the ones I have. These are impossible to find anymore. What a score! Thanks Hob!

I'm gong to give her a good wash and take some more pics soon.

Still left to do:

Tint

Refinish wheels

Repair body dings

Repaint rear bumper

BBK

Bushing Kit

New control arms

Coilovers
Old 07-06-2017, 09:23 AM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Put a cup of 99% isopropanol in your gas tank with a full tank of gas, it may have been sitting long enough in rainy weather to have condensed some water into the tank.
Old 07-06-2017, 09:57 AM

I'll probably just siphon it out somehow and add more fuel. I saw a vid about using 2 tubes, and blowing air instead of sucking it out with your mouth.
Old 07-10-2017, 09:15 PM

Here it is! The video of the artbook as promised along with a video of an F2 and standard UK brochure. Like I said, this book is amazing, but I'll let you watch the video to be the judge. It should be detailed enough for you to pause and read each page.

I keep forgetting how to embed the videos here. I thought you just had to remove the "s"?

http://youtu.be/Blp0OjLZuRA

http://youtu.be/KfEJ75az9NA

Quick Reply: 99 Tiburon FX