Vehicle Showroom This forum is for you to post up images of your car, if you do not want to use the Gallery. You can upload directly from your posts or use Imageshack to host files.

99 Tiburon FX

Old 02-02-2017, 06:40 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

After I get the bumper back, I'll start working on those lenses. It's been hard finding any kind of time lately. I decided to go back to school. Not because I need to, but to help with what I'm doing. More of a continuing education. Anyhow, it drains a lot of time and I try to spend what I can with the family.

Looks like UPS is delivering the tires today. That's crazy fast!
Old 02-06-2017, 07:40 AM

Well, I got a lot done this weekend. Unfortunately, it's not picture worthy yet. I got the tires mounted to the F2E wheels. They really need refinishing. I can't believe how badly the OEM wheel paint flakes off over time. It seems to bubble up underneath. But, they are mounted and I used 25mm spacers in the back, and 15mm spacers in the front. That eliminated the typical battleship with oem wheels. I ordered some new lug nuts since the 99 FX wheels came with a center cover with gold flat-topped lug nuts underneath.

I then removed, cleaned, and installed my RD2's leather seats into the RD1. I figured racecar doesn't need leathers. And there is definitely a much nicer feel to them! It seems like you sit a little lower and are craddled better. You can also slide in easier. I just wish they were the standard black leathers to match the year.

I'm hoping to have this car significantly "finished" in the next week or two. I don't plan on doing much to the car other than minor useful upgrades that don't affect the factory/F2E look.
Old 02-11-2017, 06:46 PM

Today I gave her a good wash. Afterwards, I noticed this car has TONS of imperfections. Scratches, dings, rock chips, and somehow "runny dirt trails" that may or may not be permanent. I think I'm gonna have to get this car repainted some day. F2 Silver or factory white.........?

My bumper is finished being patched and painted. I can't pick it up until Tuesday though.

Still to do:

Tint

Seat heater pads

Tablet system

Swap shifter/knob

Swap glass lenses

Replace radio

Repair/paint rear bumper

Refinish wheels

XG brake upgrade

Detail engine bay

Suspension (Ksport coilovers or lowering springs/shock)

Swap F2E gauge cluster

.....repaint car

Here's the in-progress pic.

20170211_175000.jpg

16731059_1170121053085667_2109003933_n.jpg
Old 02-12-2017, 03:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

You are the first and only person ever in the U.S. who hast those wheels.

What a beauty. Keep it white. Marvelous.

Seat heaters? Spoiler? I have the MSD spoiler (from Austria) I think it looks better than the F2 wing and the SE spoiler.

I also tried finding Bilstein B4 struts but they're discontinued. Shox.com have them listed for $834.00.
Old 02-12-2017, 06:50 AM

I forgot about those on my list. I have the seat heater switch in the car, but have yet to find a quality heater pad set. I'd also like to upgrade the factory radio to a Samsung tablet system. One of the things I miss most going to an Tib is Bluetooth and handsfree calling.

I have the F2E spoiler, but I haven't decided whether or not I want to ditch the shark spoiler.

The last thing I did late last night was swap in the F2E carpets. These are very good quality carpets. They're very thick with a logo in the corner. I was worried there would be fitment issues due to L/R hand drive, but there wasn't. The front ones fit very snug and were almost too wide, but otherwise look great!
Old 02-12-2017, 03:24 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

Yeah man, I love the Shark Spoiler. Here's what I have. It'd be nice to have it copied. I think it looks the best:

I just went with these, haven't installed them yet though. Bought mine from the same seller too:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Waeco-Magi...EAAOxyiRlScR3B

Nice! You actually got the mats huh. Your car will look exactly like mine in white! That's nuuuts. It'll be weird for me to see lol.
Old 02-13-2017, 12:02 PM

Vehicle: 2003/Hyundai/Tiburon

Man that's looking good Jon! How much did it cost to get your bumper fixed and painted? Looking to get my Red 05 GK one painted factory silver for the new chassis I have.

You've almost got a carbon copy of TibbyTib's now! Except his is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay faster
Old 02-13-2017, 12:52 PM

I doubt it's a copy since he's missing most of the F2E parts. As much as I paid to ship all these large parts from the UK (bumper, wheels, spoiler, etc.) I probably could have turbocharged it instead. I've spent over $2k now in parts. But, I'm happy with this one being n/a, slow and pretty.

The bumper had 2 cracks in it where the shippers folded the end and cracked it under the headlamp area. The bottom was rough as well from the previous owner. There was a guy here in town that does fiberglass and paint as a side job, from what I can tell. lol He is only charging me $200 for the patchwork and paint.
Old 02-20-2017, 08:45 AM

As you know, I've thrown somewhere around $2k into F2E parts in order to get this conversion "complete". Some of you may think that's a lot of money and I'm retarded in doing so. You may also be asking me where would this idiot draw the line? Well, I think I hit that point. I've been researching the internet and contacting different chrome shops to see if they could re-chrome the F2E badges since they are discontinued. Technically, only the small "Evolution" badges are no longer available, while the "F2" badges can still be found. Only one of the shops contacted me back saying they could do it. He gave me an estimate of $450-750 to refinish these 3 sets. Sorry, but that's where I draw the line.

Meanwhile, bumper is mounted, and HID's are installed. Car is looking real good.
Old 02-20-2017, 09:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vehicle: 2000/Hyundai/Coupe F2 Evo

Originally Posted by JonGTR
As you know, I've thrown somewhere around $2k into F2E parts in order to get this conversion "complete". Some of you may think that's a lot of money and I'm retarded in doing so. You may also be asking me where would this idiot draw the line? Well, I think I hit that point. I've been researching the internet and contacting different chrome shops to see if they could re-chrome the F2E badges since they are discontinued. Technically, only the small "Evolution" badges are no longer available, while the "F2" badges can still be found. Only one of the shops contacted me back saying they could do it. He gave me an estimate of $450-750 to refinish these 3 sets. Sorry, but that's where I draw the line.

Meanwhile, bumper is mounted, and HID's are installed. Car is looking real good.
don't blame you tbh, i'll keep my eye out for a set over here for you but chances are they're gonna be in the same state as the ones you've already got.

Quick Reply: 99 Tiburon FX