Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

misfire in 1,3,4,and random cyl. need help!!!

Old 06-16-2012, 06:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2005 Hyundai Tiburon

You don't need 2 steps colder just for 5psi. Gap is ok.The iffy part that I'm uncertain about is what amount of boost that motor can take with higher compression and "soft" pistons. If it was a bone stock 2.0 or you put the 1.8l piston and rods combo in then we'd know what it can handle. I think with that setup if it really ups the compression over the stock 2.0 then you're treading in unknown territory - at least from me cause I'd never increase the compression of a motor for boost and worse with some stock pistons from another motor.

I also think the fuel pump you have is over kill for that setup and it could still cause you problems for testing when you put back in stock injectors. Do not boost it with the stock injectors!
Old 06-16-2012, 03:24 PM

Vehicle: accent

Yeah I'm not going to boost on stock injectors
Old 06-25-2012, 08:59 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

Originally Posted by 97dsscobra
Don't bite the hand that feeds you?? Wth?? I asked for help. If you don't want to help don't help and that it!!
Very knowledgeable people were trying and willing to help you. The moment you got an attitude, they saw no point in wasting their time with you. You're new here, you messed up big time by not tuning your car, now swallow some pride and listen to what members have to say. If you don't, you'll miss an opportunity at learning from people who have transformed a non-turbo engine into an effective turbo engine. We have a lot of resources to offer you here, take advantage of them
Old 06-25-2012, 09:57 PM

I know majik, I got an attitude when ppl became smart asses.. a simple" dont drive your car anymore untill you have someone to tune it or work on it" would've been okay!! But sometimes it isn't necessary to speak to someone like that, that is in need of help. Like seriously... Idc man all you guys can talk sh*t. All I wanted was help
Old 06-26-2012, 12:24 AM

Vehicle: 13 Gen Coupe Ult.

Originally Posted by Kman Tib
You don't need 2 steps colder just for 5psi. Gap is ok.The iffy part that I'm uncertain about is what amount of boost that motor can take with higher compression and "soft" pistons. If it was a bone stock 2.0 or you put the 1.8l piston and rods combo in then we'd know what it can handle. I think with that setup if it really ups the compression over the stock 2.0 then you're treading in unknown territory - at least from me cause I'd never increase the compression of a motor for boost and worse with some stock pistons from another motor.

I also think the fuel pump you have is over kill for that setup and it could still cause you problems for testing when you put back in stock injectors. Do not boost it with the stock injectors!

We have had this done High Comp turbo, A Beta 2l will make 300 WHP Stock unopend All day relaible. the 2l 1.8L Is obviously only got for about the same as the Rods and pistons are still "SOFT?". Only way you can make more power is if you dont care or you take pre-cautionary step, EX: Headgasket ARP studs, You can even do NEW Rods, Crio treat them and ARP Stud the Mains and Rods, and Pick up a set of 8.5/1 CP not a fan of Weisco... Then you should have a Solid motor for 400-450 all day!
Old 06-26-2012, 06:54 AM

Vehicle: 2005 Hyundai Tiburon

Originally Posted by Turboron_99
We have had this done High Comp turbo, A Beta 2l will make 300 WHP Stock unopend All day relaible. the 2l 1.8L Is obviously only got for about the same as the Rods and pistons are still "SOFT?". Only way you can make more power is if you dont care or you take pre-cautionary step, EX: Headgasket ARP studs, You can even do NEW Rods, Crio treat them and ARP Stud the Mains and Rods, and Pick up a set of 8.5/1 CP not a fan of Weisco... Then you should have a Solid motor for 400-450 all day!

Yeah I know the stock unopened motor can make 300 reliably with good tune but what got me why I said he might be treading in unknown territory is that he has 1.8l pistons, didn't mention to have the 1.8l rods to go with them and how he stated implies that it raises the compression higher than stock motor which means even higher than 10.1:1 (or whatever it is we have stock) - and this wouldn't be good imo is what I was saying if ti is the case of what he has done.
Old 06-26-2012, 08:02 PM

Vehicle: 13 Gen Coupe Ult.

Originally Posted by Kman Tib
Yeah I know the stock unopened motor can make 300 reliably with good tune but what got me why I said he might be treading in unknown territory is that he has 1.8l pistons, didn't mention to have the 1.8l rods to go with them and how he stated implies that it raises the compression higher than stock motor which means even higher than 10.1:1 (or whatever it is we have stock) - and this wouldn't be good imo is what I was saying if ti is the case of what he has done.

There are a few high Comp turbo guys here, they just run the 1.8l Pistons on or Stroked rods, think someone did the math and it was basically 11:1. I wouldnt go any higher than 300whp as all the internals are stock. But I mean it would just make a diffrent power curve, just like all the guys boosting on 1.8 2l builds. Still only making 300 WHP just makes a diffrent power curve. 300 WHP on a 2l is fun, but you will have some traction issues unless you run a 63 ar or something that isnt going to spool a bunch in 1st and 2nd... 48ar is what i tend to love on a stock beta but you will have loads of wheel spin in 1st and 2nd, So i would suggest running CP's and a 48 ar, makes a fun car!
Old 06-27-2012, 12:47 AM

Vehicle: 1998/Hyundai/Tiburon FX Turbo

Damn your not too far from me, I live in Hoffman Estates! I used to start on the wrong foot myself with turbocharging my tib but still manage to get the car running right with all supporting mods required before I sold the car. You difinately need a fuel management either a stand alone like mega squirt or piggy back like aem fic, and with walbro 255 you need an adjustable fuel regulator you can buy a plug n play from turbosocks
Old 06-27-2012, 04:12 AM

Dude I think your car is for sale right now on craigslist.. Lol yeah I know I'm looking into something.
Old 06-27-2012, 07:38 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Originally Posted by 97dsscobra
I know majik, I got an attitude when ppl became smart asses.. a simple" dont drive your car anymore untill you have someone to tune it or work on it" would've been okay!! But sometimes it isn't necessary to speak to someone like that, that is in need of help. Like seriously... Idc man all you guys can talk sh*t. All I wanted was help