Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

misfire in 1,3,4,and random cyl. need help!!!

Old 06-14-2012, 03:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: accent

Don't bite the hand that feeds you?? Wth?? I asked for help. If you don't want to help don't help and that it!!
Old 06-14-2012, 03:10 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

if you refuse to learn, dont ask questions
Old 06-14-2012, 03:33 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

meh at reading Maximum Boost... that is all.
Old 06-14-2012, 06:00 PM

Okay I get it, I apologize to you guys for bothering.

I found the problem, the injectors went bad probably from the psi being lower than required.
Old 06-14-2012, 10:44 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

Old 06-15-2012, 08:06 AM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

the injectors should be salvageable if you have them cleaned, don't just trash them..
Old 06-15-2012, 09:44 AM

I'll have to search to see who cleans them, and I actually found out btrcc isn't far from me so ill be giving them a call to see if they can tune it.
Old 06-15-2012, 09:05 PM

Vehicle: 2005 Hyundai Tiburon

You need a tuner or stand alone ECU on it for it to be able to be tuned unless they can reflash your stock ecu. More could be at play here also, do you have colder plugs and what gap are you running them at?

Apart from that, I'm not sure what compression the 1.8L pistons will give you, I assume from how you state it that you are running them with the stock 2.0 rods in order to raise the compression higher than stock as I know the 1.8l rods and pistons combo put in the 2.0 motor will lower compression to like 7.8:1 but if you raised it over stock with not even forged stuff then you are begging for trouble! That kind of thing is done for a NA build, boost and high compression are not friends. With forged internals, moderately high compression and REALLY GOOD tuning you can get away with it and still might need race gas or meth injection to keep detonation at bay if not quite a bit of retard timing.

As it is with the 440cc primary injector setup you are limited to the AEM FIC for piggy back or will have to get a stand alone or reflash - at least this goes for the '03 and up Tib ECU - don't know which one you have. Reason being is the AEM FIC is the only piggy back that I know of capable of scaling down injectors over 400cc while not making the stock ecu freak out and reason for that is because of how it does it and it is also able to adjust the STFTs without the stock ECU negating changes over time, again due to how it does it - basically it's a more complex piggy back tuner than many others so it can modify more signals to the stock ecu to "fool" it from knowing what you are actually doing. That's about as technical I'll get with that.

For the sake of your engine I'd recommend you disconnect the actuator so you don't run any boost and reinstall the stock injectors if you need to drive the car in the mean time until you get yourself sorted with a tuner - hopefully you have an actuator in order to do this.

Credit for allot of my Tiburon knowledge goes to Dave but since he assisted me in conversations when I was doing my build I've messed with a few Tibs since then.
Old 06-15-2012, 10:06 PM

Yeah that's what I'm looking into right now, my ecu isn't flashable. Ill prob start with the aem fic for now. And yes I'm not driving the car until I get smaller injectors.
Old 06-15-2012, 10:08 PM

I'm running 2step colder plugs gapped at 30