Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Haltech Plug And Play Harness - Tests Complete!

Old 12-06-2007, 11:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I have the PRS. There are a couple things more Im going to try to get it working otherwise maybe Ill just sell it and go this route.
Old 12-06-2007, 12:54 PM

QUOTE (Ericy321 @ Dec 6 2007, 11:18 AM)
I have the PRS. There are a couple things more Im going to try to get it working otherwise maybe Ill just sell it and go this route.

If you need help with your PRS, let me know. I'm not intimately familiar with them, but there are quite a few universal things every EMS has.

Feel free to drop me a line. damon.becker@comcast.net. I'll help you out with your tuning.

QUOTE (Cypher @ Dec 6 2007, 10:45 AM)
not to be a downer, but even with all the stock stuff working you won't pass emissions because you've lost OBDII

Tommy is right. Check with your local emissions place.

Even if the OBDII thing applies where you live, the fact that this is plug-and-play means you can plug the stock ECU back in, swap injectors, and you will likely pass. This would require an hour of your time, maybe two for reinstalling the EMS. Not a biggie to have to do once a year or every other year. I have plenty of customers who do exactly this.
Old 12-06-2007, 01:56 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

Perhaps there could be a way to run a 300zx TT MAF sensor. Just cut the stock wiring and put snap connectors on the ends, so you can easily switch them out also.
The Z32 maf is good for 450whp.

Swapping the MAF, ECU's, and injectors would take less than 30 minutes. Anyone can do it. And it's worth doing it for the inspection.
Old 12-06-2007, 03:01 PM

As the Subaru community knows all to well, MAF control of a motor that is capable of a huge dynamic range (2 g/s at idle, hundreds of g/s at full power) often runs into sensor resolution issues and you see fueling bumps and spikes. I have personally seen MAF-controlled, re-chipped Subarus have this issue, and I have read about it in the 300ZX community. The other issue is eddies in the sensor from long cams and poor airflow through the sensor. I wouldn't be surprised at all if this community saw the same thing.

Regardless, I'm not sure why that applies to this thread. If you were to swap a 300ZX ECU in, you would have all sorts of issues to overcome to achieve the kind of performance and drivability that EMSes can deliver.

After tuning Tommy's car, the spark maps I wound up with were IMPRESSIVE. That combustion chamber you have in this Beta 1 motor is fantastic. I hit MBT very early throughout the operating envelope, even at surprisingly high boost. Tommy chose one heck of a great setup that is really fun to drive, environmentally friendly and fuel efficient. That's a win-win-win that EMSes and perhaps custom-tuned rechips can consistently deliver.

One thing I have noticed this community do is compression reduction through head gasket plates. This can often kill the quench in the combustion chamber. This will be evidenced by the spark maps developed. If someone wants to, I could do a little research into this by doing a before vs. after and taking a look at the resulting maps.
Old 12-06-2007, 03:04 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

Theres a local shop here that was asking me about my haltech setup. They were attempting to fix an alpine setup on a GK. Anyways, they used a Mitsu EVO ECU plug in. Might be something to look into rather than having to gut an ECU.
Old 12-06-2007, 04:11 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Yup, that's what I meant by Twin Charging.

I'll have my Tib forever, and I constantly want to work on it. I love driving the mountain roads here in NM, so supercharging is perfect for me, and we have more than enough room for a TC system, as you can see. Light to medium boost on both, I'll be in heaven.
Old 12-06-2007, 04:30 PM

QUOTE (javageek @ Dec 6 2007, 03:04 PM)
Theres a local shop here that was asking me about my haltech setup. They were attempting to fix an alpine setup on a GK. Anyways, they used a Mitsu EVO ECU plug in. Might be something to look into rather than having to gut an ECU.

Oh, I see what you mean now. You are talking about getting a plug! Yeah, thanks for the tip, I didn't realize the EVO plug was the same. I think it's all Bosch, but I could be wrong.
Old 12-06-2007, 05:03 PM

Vehicle: 2002 Hyundai Elantra

Oh, I know that but the majority of the states with emissions testing will fail you immediately if they can't get a reading from your computer, same with inspections. I may have to ask to see if they'll do the sniffer if you do'nt have OBD2 but I very much doubt maryland is that way. Just a warning really to others that they will probably fail, thats all.
Old 12-06-2007, 07:25 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I know here they will just use a sniffer on it.

I am going to be trying a couple last things to get the prs working. If not I will be looking into options to get it running by the time theres no more snow. New motor will be ready in a month or so and I need to push some big numbers.
Old 12-07-2007, 10:15 AM

Cypher - Duly noted. I think everybody knows to check with their local emissions place. I know of plenty of places who don't care about the codes. If you live in a place that does, simply swap the stock ECU like I previously mentioned. The uninstall is as easy as the install.