Race Wars This forum is for the members to discuss their races and wins...just remember that you might get called out if you say you beat a Lambo with your stock Hyundai!

Raced A 2006 Civic Si Today At The Track

Old 09-26-2006, 10:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how much would that set me back? I wouldnt mind buying little by little...im in college so its harder to throw large sums of money like back in high school.

How many whp are you hitting with your kit...any internal work?
Old 09-26-2006, 10:37 AM
Banned

im probably roughly ~200whp right now.. 8psi.... no internal work done yet.. dont plan on it til im in the ~15 psi range..

the kit i have, would be revised a little bit, cuz i just kinda threw too much $$$ into it.. but id say it could be done for ~4000 including fuel management and dual fuel rail..
Old 09-26-2006, 11:07 AM

but you could build the internals and turn up the boost...and hit higher numbers in the long run right? Or is the fuel mang. and everything else needed to be upgraded as well for high hp numbers.

I would really love to be around 300 whp for around 5000 or less

What do you think were the most expencive parts of your kit?..I ask this because I am a wholesale dealer for Greddy and can get alot of the stuff at a big discount.

Thanks
Old 09-26-2006, 12:06 PM
Banned

most expensive part of kit... turbo, and fuel management.. hands down..

yah i might be doing internals, or just leaving the car with stock internals, and like 12-15psi. and get an rd and supercharge with the new apline kit.

id say, for less than 5k, you MIGHT be able to hit 300whp.. you will at LEAST want a decomp. plate tho..

with the dual fuel rails, fuel wont limit you.. i have to mess with this ignition timing thing and see how that works out.
Old 09-26-2006, 12:13 PM

what about 1.8L rods? that will lower the compression and cost less than the decomp plate. and people complain about decomp plate for some reason so this might also put your mind at ease...also for 5k you d*mn well better hit 300whp. ask ?s greatblack shark. ask socks, viper966, madjohn, gary, jongtr, find boosted members and ask them ?s

edit..i can piece together a whole kit for 3k or less and hit 300whp. that leaves you with 2k for instalation and tuning
Old 09-26-2006, 12:33 PM

Well I guess im lucky since I have people pretty high up at one of Richard Pettys mec. shops (old nascar driver)that is going to help me build this cars engine...for free...I just need the parts...and like I said before I sell greddy parts but as most of you know they dont have alot of stuff for our cars, pretty much universal stuff. And I dont want to buy a kit because they seem to be way over priced. But I dont see 300 hp putting me over 2000 much less 5k but thats just me...

Stock internals
turbo manifold-150-300
Turbo-300-500
Piping-200
bov-100
intercooler-200
Fuel pump
dual fuel rail
injectors
fuel mang.
turbo timer
gauges
tuning...
ok maybe 3000 lol..shit start adding up once you think about it
Old 09-26-2006, 01:30 PM
Banned

yah.. theres no real problem with the decomp. plate... airborne was pushing 300whp with it, at 15psi.. 5k hitting 300whp, isnt as easy as you would think.. hitting it, yes, hitting it reliably, on a daily basis, is a whole nother story.

and with the whole turbo being 300-500.. you get what you pay for.. same thing with BOVs, wastegates, and intercoolers..

Intercoolers can have: crappy welds, crappy cores, bad flow charactoristics, etc.

BOVs can: leak at high psi, leak at idle, fall apart if ebay special, not open ( really bad)

Wastegates can: not open (even worse), open WAY to soon (no boost), crappy quality (not last long)

turbos can: have exploding compressor housings, shatty bearings, seals, unbalanced shafts, crappy cast comp. housings, etc.

for turbo i would say a nice internally gated big 16G would go with a 300whp setup good $600.00

FaithofaDragon says.... 1.8 rods on 2.0 pistons will RAISE compression, you need 1.8L pistons also..

like i said, if you wanna build a 300whp daily car, its not gonna cost 3000, unless you are fabricating EVERYTHING yourself, with free piping, exhaust tubing, free IC core, etc.

lets theorize here..

if you could possibbly find a working standalone computer, and install was FREE.. youd pay ~500$ for that
cheap manual boost controller $50
fuel pump 100$
good BOV ~250$
injectors ~300$
FPR 60$
necessary non ebay gauges, oil press. boost, EGT 200+$
wideband 200+$
new exhaust ~400$ including muffler and turbo exhaust flange (cheap exhaust)
big 16G int. gate turbo (good option and deal) 600$

thats $2600.00 in needed HARD parts, and electronics..

not including, needing the IC piping, the turbo manifold, good intercooler, fuel lines, couplers, IC pipe clamps, spark plugs, oil feed/ return lines, turbo timer, seriously, it ADDS up.. also, you need a clutch kit... better motor oil, gear oil. etc..

still think you can build a 300whp for under 3k all said and done.. no, unless you have the fabrication skills, piping laying around, extreme hookups it wont be done..
Old 09-26-2006, 02:45 PM

dang you just opened my eyes to a whole new light...

Thanks for the info man...forreal

Yeah I know what your saying now...I might have hookups but not that kinda hookups

I just wish I could max out one credit card and be done...lol
Old 09-26-2006, 03:04 PM
Banned

o and on the credit card thing.. dont do that.. save up.. i did the credit card thing.. yah its paid off, but im well behind the financial game now because of it..
Old 09-26-2006, 04:04 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Yah everybody looks at the base cost of a turbo and an exhaust manifold and thinks turbos are cheap, but every little thing adds up and adds up.

Its worth it for the power you get, but you have to be willing to spend money on every little thing and constantly monitor the status of your car... and you have to be willing/able to drop everything and fix something if it needs, you never know when something stupid like a charge pipe/vacuum line popping off is going to make your car run like garbage for no apparent reason, then you have to find and fix the leak.

Oh everybody seems to be saying, oh the civic has 197hp and the tib has 130 the tib has no chance, first off they are comparing crank hp to wheel hp. He is probably running about 130whp @6000rpm and the civic is probably running 165whp @ 7800rpm but they are most likely both running the same amount of torque. Considering that torque is more of a deciding factor in races than horsepower i believe it wouldnt be THAT much of an ass whooping if he hit his gears right.