Race Wars This forum is for the members to discuss their races and wins...just remember that you might get called out if you say you beat a Lambo with your stock Hyundai!

Raced A 2006 Civic Si Today At The Track

Old 01-07-2007, 12:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

T3 super 60 or t3/t4 hybrid FTW .
Old 01-07-2007, 02:28 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>There are several people running TT or single turbo setups on the GK. It seems to be a pretty decent motor... most people agree ~300whp is the stopping point before internal work is dictated.</div>

Heh, yeah, id say thats alot of cars, not just the gk.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>i had a local guy with an auto v6 GK talk soo much shit to me when i first started modding my car. he bragged about his shark racing intake, CF hood, exhaust, and said my tib would never compare..

i wouldnt wanna GK, because of the relative attitude of GK guys</div>

LOL!!! HAHAHAHA, bro, I wouldnt dare own a Honda then. Thats so funny, all the work you have done to your car, and the only crap you got was from a guy with a GK, you must live under a rock. Everyother ricer hates tibs.
Old 01-07-2007, 11:24 PM

hmmm.....I just saw this thread and thought I'd add my 2cents to a long-dead convo. The tib is a much better car than the new Si. Why? Well, let me explain. It all comes down to economics and physics, specifically traction and weight distribution. You can buy an 01 tib in amazing condition for 8k or less. I got mine with 10k miles, nearly mint, for that much. An Si, on the other hand, with new car tax, title, etc, will set you back 20K+. Thats fact 1. Fact 2, is that on a FF street car, anything above 400hp is pretty much useless. Ok, not useless, but highly impractical. You would pretty much need to run r-compound all around, and slicks up front if you want any kind of serious launch. This holds just as true for Tibs as it does for Civics. It's different on a track where e.t.s are calculated from when you cross the start, but when racing from a redlight or from a go-signal, 400whp will have you smoking tires well into 4th. I actually saw this in person when a friend of mines neon srt-4 boosted to 370whp got owned by a stock cavalier from a red light. It wasn't exactly a 1/4, and I'm sure that given the full distance, the cav would've been owned, but the point remains.

So, what happens when you combine fact 1 with fact 2? Well, when you're trying to break 300whp, it'll cost you about the same if you're in a civic or a tib, and with the much lower base price on the tib, you have that much more money to throw around. On top of that, last I checked, the tib was lighter than the new civics. Above 250whp or so, weight, aerodynamic drag, etc play a huge role. In other words, while they have their high-tech gadgets and modern engineering, we still have physics on our side. An RD making the same WHP as an SI will beat it every time, so long as both drivers are at similar levels and similar tires. So take that 10 grand you saved from not buying an over-rated rice cooker, and make your little shark a beast.
Old 01-09-2007, 07:13 PM

Vehicle: 1998/Hyundai/Tiburon FX

AMEN!!! That's what I am talking about man!!

Stock Si's run 14.7 brand new in mint condition according to road and track, with about 30k miles, it went 15.2.

Many excellent points made, thanks for bringing up all the great info.

BTW, that is what I am working on doing man. fing02.gif
Old 03-02-2009, 09:49 PM

one of my good buddies has a 06 4 door civic si its got k20 i-vtec 197hp.. and its pretty quick ive been in it soo many times ... but i went at it with my tibby b4 and surprisingly he didnt beat me that bad, 1st gear we were even 2nd he took me a bit 2rd gear i say he had me by a car.. and at the end of 4th i started catchin him.. i noe for a fact on top speed ill beat him cuz his si tops out at like 207 is the quickest hes ever gotten it to go. My buddy can drive pretty good too soo i unno i think it has alot to do with the driver! bcuz all my tib has is headers and a high flow cat and cai which doesnt really do ne thin lol
Old 03-03-2009, 11:52 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Three things you did wrong here that Im going to ask you not to do in the future:
1. Street racing is not to be discussed on the site. I apologize if this was at a track but Im sure it was not.
2. Please dont bring up threads from two years ago.
3. Please type things out fully and type in sentences. It isnt that hard to do and takes a couple extra seconds.

I know you are new, so welcome. Maybe take a look at the site rules. We are a little more strict here but it helps out a lot to keep things clean around here.
Old 03-03-2009, 12:44 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

4th - Do not go starting a discussion relating to a thread of yours where it got locked. You already started a thread of Civic vs Tib, it got locked. Don't start another one unless you have track vids or time slips.

You are new around here so I'm teaching you the ropes. Next time, you'll be issued a warning. Also, read the site rules so that you can avoid being watched by the staff.