Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Need Some Prayers

Old 05-28-2005, 02:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Honda

Good luck to your moms, she's in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 05-28-2005, 08:56 AM

what everyone above said so well.
Old 05-28-2005, 09:27 AM

really hope she feels better.
Old 05-28-2005, 01:34 PM

02.gif I'm so sorry. I wish her all of luck. Oddly, my "aunt" (she was a neighbor that lived upstairs from me in my old town and was like an aunt to me) died from stomach cancer. Same problems. The thing is, she had stomach cancer for about 8 years before it just finally got to her. She was very old too... about 76. She had some sort of stomach surgery during her first year of having that cancer, which helped keep her going.

What hospital was your mom admitted to?
Old 05-28-2005, 03:01 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Shell pull through girl, hopefully soon so you wont have to worry about her when ur here again. You know i usually dont pray but i have been for your mom.

I think selina (swift) should be commended on her endurance throughout these down times, when u hang out with her u would never know that something like this is happening. i know i wouldnt be able to deal with it nearly as well.
Old 05-28-2005, 03:08 PM

Vehicle: SRT4/Neon SOHC

I wish her, as well as yourself and your family the best of luck.
Old 05-28-2005, 04:14 PM

I'm so sorry to hear your going through this Swift. I feel for you,, i know its rough,, i just took care of my brother who had lung cancer,, its very hard to watch, you feel helpless. But be there for her and we are all praying for her. Livestrong Man,,,

Best wishes
Old 05-28-2005, 04:23 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Thanks so much guys, I didnt think I was going to get this many replies since all of you dont know me too well. I appreciate all your thoughts and words a lot. Right now my mom's surgery was a success but tomorrow she's getting a procedure done to make her stomach a little bigger so she can eat more. Hopefully this will help too..its all hard but Im getting by.

ToXic: my mom is being treated at robert wood johnson hopsital in rahway. really good place. I appreciate your thoughts but I dont like to hear about other people with my mom's cancer dying..doesnt make me feel great. I just need encouragement.

Alex: Thanks so much for that comment hunni, your really one of the few people who notice that I have a lot of strength. You keep me going too.
Old 05-28-2005, 10:07 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon

My prayers are with you too. Have an aunt that went through the same thing a few years back. She was just here visiting and you'd never know anything happened. She's all healthy. Keep being strong for your mom and we'll keep her, you and your family in our prayers!
Old 05-28-2005, 11:51 PM

My friends dad had stomach cancer 3 yrs ago. He went thru all the medical stuff with it for about a year and has been good ever since.

There have been great advances in medical science when dealing with cancer. She'll pull through.

Remember, laughter and love can be greeat remedies.