Nitrous Oxide (NOS, Zex, NX Express, Venom, etc) This forum is for Nitrous Oxide discussions, and an area for folks to ask questions about Nitrous Oxide and related parts.

Nitrous System..

Old 05-04-2005, 06:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I meant using the FPR off of a dry kit on your wet kit... but whatever, I'm not going to spend this entire thread proving you wrong every step of the way.

In short, you can use either the pump or the FPR from the dry kit (you can buy those parts seperate), whichever one you choose won't effect your gas mileage in anyway, and will have the same results. Personally I'd pick whichever one you can find cheaper.

You have the benefit of having an auto... however, I would still get a window switch off of EBay. Reason being if you hit the rev limiter while using nitrous, you'll probably severely damage or blow your engine. Having an auto makes it harder to do so, but a window switch does two things.

1. Turns on your nitrous at a certain RPM
1. Turns off your nitrous at a certain RPM

That way you can go WOT off the line if need be, and protect yourself from killing your engine.
Old 05-04-2005, 07:50 PM

ohhh.... i didnt know that, I thought that if using nitrous and the rpms hit redline is going to shift faster than normal, because someone said that the auto tranny handle the power better than stock.

I dont remember who said that, but what you say is true.

I should start to find the best way to accelerate ... right?

well. there is a WET system that someone want to sells it. in around 375$.

Old 05-04-2005, 08:02 PM

Normally it will. However, just like manual trannies, sometimes an auto tranny can slip or maybe not shift as fast as it should, which might not be good.

I've never heard of an instance where an auto hit the rev limiter when using nitrous (any nitrous w/ auto users out there...?) but I would still get a window switch as they are pretty cheap.
Old 05-04-2005, 08:41 PM

its better be sure about that than complain later, right?

and talking about this, could I use a 1.8 ECU and cam with this setup? or its better has the stock cam and ECU for this?

thanks again.
Old 05-04-2005, 08:58 PM

The cam is fine. The ECU, we still don't know how it effects timing/fueling. A few people had problems with detonation with the 1.8 ECU in the car, which leads me to believe it advances timing and trims the fuel down too much. I personally would not get the ECU if your getting nitrous.
Old 05-04-2005, 09:03 PM

When did anyone have an issue with detonation? The only issue I have heard of was with a RevA 1.8 ECU would cause a CEL related to emissions.
Old 05-04-2005, 09:30 PM

Someone (Jaws maybe...? I don't remember who exactly, I'll try and search and find it) ran into issues with detonation while running the 1.8 ECU with a turbocharger setup. I'm 90% sure I'm remembering that correctly.
Old 05-04-2005, 09:42 PM

Ham is right. 1.8L ecu has a little bit of advanced timing (the reason why it gives a little more power) over 2.0l ECU, and when you get higher compression you will run into problems smile.gif
Old 05-05-2005, 01:03 PM

oh ok.. talking about this, what is the exact size of the lobbes of 1.8 cam?

i want to buy a used one, but I want to know if is in good shape or not.

ninja.gif
Old 05-10-2005, 02:58 PM

I have nitrous on my automatic trans. It hits revlimiter realy easy with nitrous its scarry..lol

Im also using a rrfpr with my dry kit and it works fine...the nitrous adds pressure to the vacum line in the rrfpr causing the fuel pressure to rise no problems yet......im also using a 95 talon tsi/eclips gst
fuel pump. I have been running a 65 and 75 shot back and forth for 2 years now with no problems.