Hyundai Hybrids Want to drop in a Beta for your Hyundai Accent? How about a 4G63 in your Hyundai Elantra? Maybe a Beta 2 for your Hyundai Tiburon? Post all questions here relating to transmissions and engines from other makes and/or models, you want to install in your Hyundai.

2.0 beta, or gst swap

Old 09-20-2002, 09:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stop flirting you 2

-Jordan
Old 09-20-2002, 12:05 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>HE-MAN:
Thanks a lot ASS LICKER! tongue.gif

Oh, and I will be sure to wear a cup everytime you are around, change your nick to "The Nutcracker"! lol

Ok...just go check my PMs now.

</div>What do you need to swap a 4g63 into your car?

You are going to need 4g63 engine itself.
and transmission.

depening on the generation the mitsu engines have their trannys on the passenger side.

The engine swap will require costum mounts all around.

You will need to rip out your engine bay wirirng harness and your passenger compartment harnesses. which requires total removal of the dash. Now is a good time to add other goodies. dynamat,better dash speakers. Better heater core or blower. You get the idea.

After they have test fitted the engine several times and have the costum mounts done. You will need to run the harness and wire it all up to the stock mitsu ECU.

You could use the stock axles, or use the GS-T axles. they have the same spline count. not sure about width thou. I would think the gs-t are beefier.

also. you will the different brake pedal mitsu uses.

thats about it.
happy? we discussed it.

basically. you need to buy the clip of a front end GST and transger everything over.
Old 09-21-2002, 02:33 PM

Ok thanks...I pretty much knew that, I just wanted it out for the original question...
Old 09-21-2002, 03:04 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Stormtrooper:
Original By KidSupreme
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>If I said it once, I'll say it again...

YOU CAN'T SWAP A BETA FOR A GST

You might want to do a search.
</div>Apparently you don't know the power of money?</div>rolleyes.gif
Old 09-22-2002, 12:30 PM

Guys... guys.... I think the point is this. Red, random anf others have put ALOT of info out there to answer most of the questions anybody would have. So in a way thay probably already answered you.

They can't be expected to answer the same question again & again & again & again & again everytime some one new ask the same question that they or someone has answered alrerady.

I have started to cut in paste alot of post I think might prove useful when I'm ready to do major mods on my 2001 Tibby.

I could see haw pwoplw would get tired of answering the same question over & over & over & over. When all the interested party has to do is search this and other fourms to find what they need.

now lets all be nice.

PS just a side note... This guy I met today in the parking lot of church let me drive his 2000 Vett... WOW, I want one. Bearly pussing it only when 2 gears in the lot and it just ROCKETED foward. NICE!!!!
Old 09-22-2002, 02:10 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Veloster

Well seems like this was a good topic to touch base on, and i want to give my 2 cents if i may. I have asked several questions of mostly everybody who knows their sh*t on these forums, i.e Random, Bat, Cheuk, Onpool, and even RED. RED seemed to be bashing earlier in this post about finding info and or doing the work yourself, which is great. BUT, without asking question of those who know, stupid questions or not, is the only way to finding the info to do it yourself. Of those people I listed above, RED has been the only one to NOT reply with advice/info. I found that very sh*tty since im even in the same city as him. (albuquerque, NM) Everyone around town tells me about him whenever i go searching for parts or whatever but, my attempts to have him get in touch with me seem to not make it to him or he ignores them. So you see I kind of find it hard to back him up on his previous post that he does give advice/info....maybe its only to people not in his own city, maybe he doesn't want any competition in the same city,(not that i will be, especially with his knowledge), but none the less, i thought the idea of have a fellow hyundai tuner apprentice/friend would be kinda cool.....seems like he didnt want one...OH WELL

I again want to give thanks to those people who HAVE helped me......THANKS
Old 09-22-2002, 02:13 PM

Ok, there really isn't anything more to be said here...so some one should lock this topic up.

Agreed?
Old 09-23-2002, 10:54 AM

Vehicle: FX Coupe

R&E Rigoli In Australia has droped a 4G63 b Turbo into a 97 accent and it goes off!! nothing worse than a lil car like thak kickin ya A$$

I have a 4g63 in my garage i was gona put it in my tib but after hearing from red , random and the like it's now going into my lancer.

Ineed to get a turbo kit for my coupe i wanna tear sh/t up in my town!! i perfer Hyundai it just looks that much better....
Old 09-23-2002, 11:07 AM
Red

I'm not, nor have I ever said that it was impossible. The key here is money: if you have enough, ANYTHING will fit. Just ask the guys from McIntyre Hyundai in El Paso (hint - owners of the twin engine Tiburon?)

If you REALLY want a Chevy LT6 to fit in the Tiburon, you can make it work. But will the end result outweigh the cost?