Hyundai Hybrids Want to drop in a Beta for your Hyundai Accent? How about a 4G63 in your Hyundai Elantra? Maybe a Beta 2 for your Hyundai Tiburon? Post all questions here relating to transmissions and engines from other makes and/or models, you want to install in your Hyundai.

2.0 beta, or gst swap

Old 09-18-2002, 11:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.0 beta, or gst swap

hey, im in the process of whether or not swapping the 2.0 beta with the mitsu gst, if i can find someone near me to install and tune a fully rebuilt engine w/turbo kit, but i have to find all the internals, plus the turbo kit if anyone makes it... for the beta. but on the other hand, i have a guy in GA. that did the all wheel drive gst swap on his 99 tiby, and it works like a champ that will do the swap. ide rather keep the beta and build it, help is much appreciated, this is not a research, this is i have the money and want to do it...
Old 09-18-2002, 12:03 PM

If I said it once, I'll say it again...

<H1>YOU CAN'T SWAP A BETA FOR A GST</H1>

You might want to do a search.
Old 09-18-2002, 12:17 PM

He just said he knows someone that did it...so why don't we let him explain how this was done, maybe you can PM me this person's information that made that swap, I would really like to contact him and ask about how he did it, and what was involved.
Old 09-18-2002, 12:20 PM

he may have done a GST engine swap but not AWD if he did than he had way 2 much $$ cuz u would need to fabricate a new driveshaft/ floor pan for the tib
Old 09-18-2002, 12:23 PM

yeah, my bad. gsx, gsx awd tranny, dont talk to me like im 4 yrs old. I said it once, and I will say it again, my bad, it was the gsx. you want details, ill get them, no problem. i didnt asked to get slammed, i asked for honest help.
Old 09-18-2002, 12:37 PM
PB

Libra racing does swap in an Eagle Talon AWD drive train into their racing Tiburons. It's doable but VERY expensive. I think they said there is over $75,000 worth of work into those cars. Honestly if you have the money to do the swap,just buy a Eclipse or Talon, or hell even a WRX or Lancer EVO (next year). You'll have a lot less headaches, downtime, actual reliability, and if you buy new, even a warranty.
Old 09-18-2002, 02:54 PM

Vehicle: 2003 Accent

Original By KidSupreme
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>If I said it once, I'll say it again...

YOU CAN'T SWAP A BETA FOR A GST

</div>Apparently you don't know the power of money?
Old 09-18-2002, 03:30 PM
Red

Libra doesn't swap in a GSX setup, it's a fully custom hybrid setup full of Mitsu and Hyundai and custom-fabricated parts.

I still want to see a real 4G63 swap in a Tiburon. The engines face 180 degrees opposite of eachother, I haven't the very first clue how you make such a thing work.

And to sit here and tell me that they also swapped for the GSX powertrain while doing the 4G63 motor makes me throw a BS flag about the same size as Kidd's.

Power of money? Howabout the power of stupidity? Do YOU realize what would need to happen to pull a swap?

4G63 powerplant = $1000 if it runs ok.
Fully custom mounts = $300+ in pieces, parts, welding
Transmission = $400 from a GS-T (don't even ask for the GSX)
ECU = $150 more than likely, from a junkyard

Then you need to convert all the shifter cables to match up with the tranny gear selector, clutch hydraulics get to be reworked to fit the new throwout arm, throttle linkage attaches to the new TB setup, get the tranny to mate with the axles, get the axles in the right length so they line up with the hubs, you get to rewire 2/3rds the damn car to get the new (stock Mitsu) ECU in there and playing nicely with all the Hyundai guages.

After you've spent two weeks and about $3000 in parts, headache, hair regrowth medicine and whining, you get a 200 crank horsepower Tiburon.

Big fucking whoop. You could've done that for the same money, or less, by just working with the motor you had. rolleyes.gif
Old 09-18-2002, 08:54 PM

It's not a matter of talking down to anyone. But understand, that you aren't the first (and definitely not the last) person to ever ask or state that a GST (or GSX for that matter) can be swapped into a Tiburon. If people would take a couple of minutes to do the search (the same amount of time it took for the original post) you would have got a boatload of responses back stating the original reason why I said it wouldn't work... The engine is facing bass ackwards. These are the days I wish I could just show you all the archives from Fxtreme. The info that was there would make your head spin.
Old 09-18-2002, 09:20 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Original By KidSupreme

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I said it once, I'll say it again...

YOU CAN'T SWAP A BETA FOR A GST

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apparently you don't know the power of money?

</div>