Hyundai Hybrids Want to drop in a Beta for your Hyundai Accent? How about a 4G63 in your Hyundai Elantra? Maybe a Beta 2 for your Hyundai Tiburon? Post all questions here relating to transmissions and engines from other makes and/or models, you want to install in your Hyundai.

2.0 beta, or gst swap

Old 09-18-2002, 09:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, then what is the next step up from the beta engine, if any?
Old 09-18-2002, 09:54 PM

Sigh. It would be easier to just rip off the body from a Mitsu GSX and custom mold a Tiburon body over it.

Or just buy a damn Mitsu.
Old 09-19-2002, 12:56 AM
Red

Why do you need "the next step up" from the BETA?

Pistons = $90 from UFB

You now have a motor that can hold 350 wheel horsepower. Not enough?

Pistons = $550 from Ross
Rods = $675 from Crower

You now have a motor that can hold 700 wheel horsepower. Not enough?

Buy a Supra and STFU.
Old 09-19-2002, 04:35 AM

Hey liltib, I wasn't slammin ya...I am seriously interested...give me the details...no of these guys are able to comprehend it so just PM me, I want to see this to believe it! I have been looking extensively on swaps and stuff, and everytime I have posted something like this I got slammed big time too...so lets just keep it to ourselves, and PM me some links and stuff. Thanks.

[ September 19, 2002, 11:35 AM: Message edited by: HE-MAN ]
Old 09-19-2002, 06:12 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Red:
Why do you need "the next step up" from the BETA?

Pistons = $90 from UFB

You now have a motor that can hold 350 wheel horsepower. Not enough?

Pistons = $550 from Ross
Rods = $675 from Crower

You now have a motor that can hold 700 wheel horsepower. Not enough?

Buy a Supra and STFU.</div>LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

first thing to make my sleepy ass laugh today

BUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!
Old 09-19-2002, 06:54 AM

i 100% understand all of you, but what you dont understand is that im asking for the next step with the beta, there is so much stuff out there ie websites w/ different parts and so on and so forth. i... a f it. i read this junk everyday and all yall have to say to anyone is negative, if were so stupid, why dont you share you oh so powerful, and extensive array of knowledge. dont reply, i already know what your going to say...
Old 09-19-2002, 08:04 AM

preach on!!!
Old 09-19-2002, 08:08 AM
Red

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>liltiby2:
i 100% understand all of you, but what you dont understand is that im asking for the next step with the beta, there is so much stuff out there ie websites w/ different parts and so on and so forth. i... a f it. i read this junk everyday and all yall have to say to anyone is negative, if were so stupid, why dont you share you oh so powerful, and extensive array of knowledge. dont reply, i already know what your going to say...</div>Well, I'm going to reply anyway.

A Hyundai car cannot be confused for a Honda. Not every website in the whole universe sells Hyundai parts, nor can you expect them to.

If you want this information spoon-fed to you because you're too stupid or lazy to look it up yourself, kindly piss off. I'm sorry that we're not here to hold your hand while you're building a 8-million horsepower setup with a cold air intake and a bolt-on turbo kit.

In order to make one of these cars go fast, YOU MUST DO WORK. Sucks when that happens eh?

You accuse me of being selfish with the information? Perhaps instead of demanding that someone spoon feed you this shit, you could perhaps at least TRY to learn something on your own? Nobody spoon fed us jack, we learned it ourselves... The least you can do is try it yourself.

The only secret I keep from you guys is who is potentially building my camshafts. Anything and everything else you want to know I will answer -- so long as you're not a fucking pric about it. But, since you fall into that last category of "Well gee nobody helps me because yer all a bunch of assholes and talk smack" then I'm going to act just like you label me.

For He-Man: Yes, you're exactly right. We cannot stand engine swaps and we like to hold all the secrets and not tell anyone. You guys are OF COURSE the very first people to think of such a common link between Hyundai and Mitsubishi. Since it's SUCH a new idea we will of course immediately disqualify it.

That, or maybe some of us have been in the Hyundai performance market for the entire duration of Hyundai making their own engines and PERHAPS we have been through this FOURTEEN THOUSAND FUCKING TIMES ALREADY rolleyes.gif

Yeah, maybe...
Old 09-19-2002, 08:20 AM
Red

Oh, I forgot to mention...

If your panties are now all in a bunch and you whine and stomp off because I'm a pain in your neck, good riddance.

In my mind, it is people such as yourselves who make "import racing" have a bad name. You have no clue how any of it works, you simply want someone to hand it to you on a silver platter. And then you rip around town in your newfound money pit, only to blow it up and whine about how shitty YOUR car is because (xyz) car wouldn't have blown up.

It's sad really.
Old 09-19-2002, 08:49 AM

Vehicle: 1997 accent L