Hyundai Hybrids Want to drop in a Beta for your Hyundai Accent? How about a 4G63 in your Hyundai Elantra? Maybe a Beta 2 for your Hyundai Tiburon? Post all questions here relating to transmissions and engines from other makes and/or models, you want to install in your Hyundai.

2.0 beta, or gst swap

Old 09-19-2002, 08:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think we needed another.

Look, this is not your Honda preschool were you go buy a kit and call it a day.

Some of these guys like Onpol and Red and Random have been trying work with these things when their was literally nothing for them. Trying to talk companies into building parts and so forth.

They dont take this lightly and niether you. They and all of us have done alot of hard work to get the aftermarket scene for hyundai were it is.

And we are all damn proud of it.
Old 09-19-2002, 09:47 AM

You tell'em Red!! Oh, and can you give me all your info on swaping a small block Chevy into my Tib? wink
Old 09-19-2002, 10:53 AM
Red

You will need one cubic foot of money. Cash money. Preferably unmarked $20 bills. Lemme give you my mailing address, and you can send it to me.

I'll reply with the cutting and blowtor... err I mean installation guide
Old 09-19-2002, 11:25 AM

Hey, I was just asking about the info the guy has on the swap...he claims to have seen it done, I want to see it too...can you blame me? I think you guys didn't give him a fair chance to explain before you jumped him...so lets all chill out and give him a chance to show us what he is talking about with this guy he knows. Then let the flaming proceed...no one likes to get *****ed out just for asking a question. Haven't you ever heard the expression, "there is no such thing as a stupid question" lets be fair here. You are always going to get the same questions over and over and over again, especially with new members joining daily thristy for knowledge, and they certainly don't know their way around the forums like we do...they don't know to search, and all that. So having shared your feelings, lets invite him to make his case...the floor is yours bro...

show us something.
Old 09-19-2002, 12:34 PM

The next step up from the Beta engine would have to be the Omega engine...4.5L V8 mmmmmmm
Old 09-19-2002, 05:48 PM

oh no.... not that one

btw HE man... hows your v-6 delta swap going?

just to get on reds nerves...
HyBrIdS oWnZ yOo

tongue.gif wink
Old 09-19-2002, 05:51 PM

Just to add... if you really want your car to bare the name of MITSU... get a decent engine

Look around for a Lancer EVO engine from overseas

That one looks similar to the BETA... but will still cost you $$$

It will be cheaper than swapping in a GSX engine though

Still wont beat my space modulator though...
Old 09-19-2002, 09:46 PM

Vehicle: 1999 Elantra

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>JAWS 021:
Still wont beat my space modulator though...</div>You got too much nitrous in your system. smile.gif

They say that there is ONE Elantra here with a 4G63 of an Eclipse. Just a rumor though, need to confirm.
Old 09-19-2002, 10:35 PM

Red, im alittle confused,

whats the point of people looking up stuff when they can just ask you.. wink rolleyes.gif

-Jordan
Old 09-20-2002, 12:59 AM

The delta swap is on the back burner, I can't find one anywhere. Not enough of them out, and no one is crashing them, hehehe. At any rate, I am going t build my 4 banger N/A with all the trimmings first, then sell it, and get a new tib. If I had the money, I would definitely be doing it, but until I graduate, I have to stick with my lil 2L. I haven't even had time to install my AEM yet. Ah well, its still all coming together slowly.

Has anyone been able to contact those guys at the tuningshop?

This is just an interesting topic, and eveyone is so hung up on costs. Can't we just talk about it as if money is not an object? How much have you spent on your nitros system, or turbo setups? I mean all of this costs big money, so its a given...lets just discuss it. Make a plan for it, and maybe one day we can all chip in and do a project like SCC does. THen you sell it.