Hyundai Hybrids Want to drop in a Beta for your Hyundai Accent? How about a 4G63 in your Hyundai Elantra? Maybe a Beta 2 for your Hyundai Tiburon? Post all questions here relating to transmissions and engines from other makes and/or models, you want to install in your Hyundai.

Fuel Rail swaps

Old 09-18-2002, 12:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Rail swaps

Has anybody seen a swap for the fuel rail as an after market item, or a swap from a "bigger" model. A must have though is a return fuel path conection.
Old 09-22-2002, 03:09 PM

What is the benifit of an aftermarket fuel rail?
Old 09-22-2002, 08:39 PM

Vehicle: Lancer Evo IX

Bigger fuel rail may have larger internal volume, so more fuel gets through it in lbs/min. A properly adjusted FPR would correct the problem if you only want it for eye candy. For those who really need it, an aftermarket fuel rail allows the use of up to 680 - 1000cc injector types. Which propably rules us out because most of us will not need this kind of capacity in the near future.

Except for the few spoilers with moster motors in the works. wink
Old 09-22-2002, 08:56 PM

well.... without letting the cat out of the bag all the way, i need to add a fuel return to the gas tank, and i will require an upgraded fuel rail, (one that is not plastic rolleyes.gif ) so fuel pressures of aroung 95psi can be safely sustained...
Old 09-23-2002, 01:03 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Moving to ENGINE forum.
Old 09-23-2002, 02:38 AM
Red

Plastic? You must be working on one of the newest Accents. Dunno, try sticking a Tiburon fuel rail on there or something. If nothing else, you can make your own with hollow 0.75" ID steel bar stock, a bit of welding, two -8an fittings and some O-rings.

That's what my friend Joel is doing for his custom fuel rail on his Starion project.
Old 09-23-2002, 01:18 PM

Vehicle: Lancer Evo IX

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>Red:
Plastic? You must be working on one of the newest Accents. Dunno, try sticking a Tiburon fuel rail on there or something. If nothing else, you can make your own with hollow 0.75" ID steel bar stock, a bit of welding, two -8an fittings and some O-rings.

That's what my friend Joel is doing for his custom fuel rail on his Starion project. </div>*Makes another note*

Thanks bro! smile.gif
Old 09-23-2002, 08:33 PM

Thanks X that is an idea i have been thinking of for a while,(building my own rail) but i am going to have to fabricate so much of my own stuff for this project though, that I am looking for ways to get around some of it. As far as a tib rail i also thought of that too, but have been too lazy to find out if it works. Another question... how much larger are tib injectors over accents?
Old 09-23-2002, 08:39 PM

how big if it comes down to modifing stock injectors can thew go? should i not find suitable upgrades? anyone...anyone...bueller...bueller...
Old 09-24-2002, 12:36 AM
Red

Stock Accent injectors are (I think) 195cc/min. Stock Tiburon 4-cylinder injectors are 245cc/min verified by RC Engineering (I still have the flowbench sheet smile.gif )

I would stay away from modifying stock injectors for more fuel flow, it's less than precise and expensive. RC Engineering sells replacement hi-impedance injectors up to 440cc/min for $90 or less each. Remember you need high-impedance saturated-type injectors for stock replacement...

http://www.rceng.com