Hyundai Accent Forum The Hyundai Accent Forum. Hyundai's little champ. While the Hyundai Accent and Hyundai Excel may be small, they respond very well to aftermarket modifications and is among the favorites for Hyundai tuners.

2002 Hyundai Accent 1.3 12V to Beta 1 2.0 Coupe Swap ( wiring?)

Old 03-04-2012, 03:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai Accent

I wanna use beta 1 ECM and Beta 1 Loom OR alhpa.

sorry its just i dont like hanging around
Old 03-04-2012, 03:58 PM

getting other looms or ecm are not options.. iv never even seen a hyundai in scrapyard here..

there so common and no one tunes them.
Old 03-04-2012, 04:43 PM

little pics of my accent that you guys are helping to be 2.0

Old 03-04-2012, 05:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vehicle: 02 Hyundai Accent

Love those headlights, where did you get them?

Well then going with the beta 1 ecm you will need the beta 1 engine harness since the Accent ecm plug will not fit your beta ecm. You will need to modify said beta harness to plug into your Accent system. I will need to look over the schematics to find what plugs need swapped and what not.

You have the two "in cab" main connection plugs on the Accent harness other then the ecm plug. They are reffered to as MC01 and MC02 and all wires must be identified and marked. Also in the engine bay fuse box you have plug EC01, identify and mark all wires.

Now I havnt looked at a beta 1 harness but you should have the equivelent of the plugs described above on this harness. Mark and identify all wires in the same fashion. Now I cut and soldered the connections on. If I was to do it again I would have depinned the harness plug to swap the connections.

Also keep in mind any other things that get plugged in by this harness in the engine bay like the windshield wiper motor or rear 02 sensor (if using the Accent one) might have to be changed as well as I had to repin these when I used the beta 2 harness. Everything else that plugs into the motor is ready to go.
Old 03-04-2012, 05:58 PM

Hey dude, Headlight i built myself. There Bi-Projectors There 3 stages. sidelight (angel eyes) Dipped Beams are 60watt and Hi are 120Watt They use there own Custom Loom and self leveling they also are timered to stay on about 30 seconds after remote locking.

They cost me around 120 Bucks to make
Old 03-04-2012, 06:07 PM

"They are reffered to as MC01 and MC02 and all wires must be identified and marked. Also in the engine bay fuse box you have plug EC01, identify and mark all wires"

Thats sadly bit i dont understand. Can i use a muilt meter, Test each wire/pin on MC01 & MC02 then on engine loom to see if i get connectivity or what. The Beta is being scrapped in morning so if i need to get any parts off it other then loom , fuel pump ECM ect i need to know tonight. (1am atm)
Old 03-04-2012, 06:24 PM

Ok let me get this right.

Im now completely removing my Engine Loom.

Fitting a Beta 1 Loom. meaning my normal car key will no longer work ? So i will need to remove the Donor cars barrel?

I will need to Cut off the 2 accent Cabin Plugs left over Yellow and White one.

cut off the 2 old cab loom plugs and rewire them to new accent cab loom plugs ?(any Ideas where i need to test to save time)

Then without knowning where the beta ones went in first place rewire them into the accent loom. ? lol

looks alot easyer then it is.. any chance i can get a spare hour with you and ill pay on that uk site for you to get wiring layout ect cause i havnt got a clue
Old 03-05-2012, 10:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vehicle: 02 Hyundai Accent

I will need a day or 2 and I will have a guide for you to follow. I can start looking at schematics tomorrow after work. Sounds like your a bit confused on the plugs so let me explain it a little better with some pics, like I said give me a day or 2.
Old 03-05-2012, 10:31 AM

Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

Step one is to check the diagrams and make sure they match your harnesses and if not move from there by finding the correct one.

You also want to make sure the wiring you have for your accent is correct
Old 03-05-2012, 11:09 AM

ill remove dashboard tomorrow and take loads of pictures.