HELP Forum Car won't start, Spark Plug Melted? Car throwing sparks down as you drive down the road? Ask your car questions here.

Car alarm..

Old 04-11-2010, 12:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

QUOTE (187sks @ Apr 10 2010, 11:49 AM)
Check the crank position sensor and the cam position sensor.

You can check the wiring to the coil pack to see if the ECU is sending a signal. Don't buy new coil packs until you verify that the ECU is sending a signal, because it probably isn't.

We checked the set of wires that plugs into the connector on the coil pack, to connect it to the ecu, we checked the ecu side of it, and it registered 12V when I turned the key to the on position, should we check it while trying to crank? or would that matter?
Old 04-11-2010, 12:58 PM

Another thing, I just read this topic

http://www.autotropolis.com/car-forums/kia...ion-sensor.html

I know its a different car, but would I still need to erase the code on mine? or should that matter?

Edit:

I checked over the sensors, and the crank sensor had been loose, so we electrical taped it, turns out it had come loose inside the tape.

Now, I have it running, starts up pretty easy now, have to pump the gas a little still but after sitting for almost a year, that's to be expected I guess.

My quesiton now is, those of you who have the meghan headers..did ya have a problem with the heat beeing put off, melting the oil temp sensor wiring? It hasnt melted the wire, but after about 10 minutes of running, it has melted the plastic/rubber covering from around the wire right next to it.

I plan on heat wrapping em, or getting em heat wrapped, but for now we're probably just gonna put some insulating stuff that the place my dad works at uses, stands up to at least 1000 degrees, so that should be good enough. probably just wrap it around the spot that's by the wire and leave it that way for now.

Any other/better ideas?
Old 04-12-2010, 03:57 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

Glad you got it running.

You could get some metal heat wrap and put the wire in a bit of plastic looming then wrap that with the metal heat wrap. Maybe that's already the stuff you were talking about even.
Old 04-12-2010, 09:17 AM

Sounds like about the same thing, I'm gonna see how this stuff works that my dad's gettin, it should do the trick, but if it doesnt I'm gonna get some heat wrap, stuff's expensive here though.
Old 04-12-2010, 09:46 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Just tie wrap the sensor wires near that runner to the coolant hose. That's what I did and haven't had a problem in forever.