Group Buys This section is for Group buys currently in progress.

Cryo2 Co2 Cooling System Group Buy And Other Dei Products

Old 10-08-2006, 03:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

buuuuuumpppppppp on this fine sunday
Old 10-09-2006, 06:47 PM

buuuuummmmmppppppppp
Old 10-16-2006, 05:25 PM

bummmmmmp for the night
Old 10-21-2006, 07:12 PM

redz..... what happened to you?
Old 10-21-2006, 08:00 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

No dyno for any cars, ever, showing any gains at all.

While DEI has the same blurb on every website saying "Our dyno testing showed...", there is no dyno, anywhere.

Can't find anyone with any actual proven gains, there's always some "issue".

I searched for hours looking for stuff, and eventhough I know the theory and construction is sound, the lack of even the DIY Network showing what the actual gains are, mean it's not worth my money.

That and the fact I couldn't get my questions answered about these decals and stuff.

Maybe someone will get this setup and get it dyno'd some day and I'll get it. But right now I'm not rich enough to spend 500 to 1000 dollars for a ice cold purge setup that looks nice, but doesn't really do much.
Old 10-25-2006, 07:13 PM

what questions did i not answer about your decals? i sent you a reply asking you about them and never got a reply back. then i sent two more emails after that and never got a reply. i am sure i can work with DEI to get something for you. a blanketed statement saying there are no proof of gains is harsh. on tiburons, yes. i was the first w/ the kit. i have a 9.8:1 a/f n/a. i can show you my dyno w/ the juice on. i fatten up my a/f ratio.... thus losing even more hp at an already insanley rich mix. that fattening up at the push of a button is proof that more O2 was entered into the mix.
Old 10-25-2006, 10:30 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

On the decals and such you told me to check their site, which I couldn't find anything for the decals there.

The last email I have from you is on the 6th showing me a link for the decals and such. I went looking for some dynos after that as I hadn't done any REAL research into it and wanted to before plopping down that kind of money. I don't know what other emails you sent my man, I've got all of the ones I've recieved still, I don't delete emails for 5 years.

As for a blanketed statement saying there is no dyno proof? There isn't. Not that I could find. I'm not talking Tiburon, I could care less what car. Gains are gains, if one car can get gains from something, any car can. I'm talking ANY dyno at all. I found ONE for a Mustang or some other Domestic, on some guy in Iowa's website, but it was a fake and was quite obviously done in Paint or some other photo editor.

I'm not being harsh, I think that this is the problem in general. We have a big company selling a product with promises of decent power gains, and claims of dyno's done on their own dollar, but there aren't any dyno's actually posted?

I've seen your videos. Trust me, I saw them in about 20 different places around, and your car sounds nice, but again, it's no proof my man.

I'm still up for it, after I see some proof, I'll order my first parts.

Till then, I can't afford to be the test dummy for every item out here for us, at least not yet. It's okay, as there are plenty of other things I still need (READ: Apexi N1 Exhaust).

I fully expect to see some proof soon, and I'm sure someone here will buy it soon too. After the Nopi display, I really want one, but don't want to spend my money on wishful thinking.

I've got nothing against you bro, keep up the good work.

There is a Dyno HERE...

http://designengineering.com/images/downlo...rmanceFord2.pdf

Of the intercooler sprayer, but that's on a FI car, and only produced 8 BHP difference.

The thing I don't understand and really makes me cautious is...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Dyno testing showed a reduction in intake air temperature of more than 50 degrees. The CryO² Air Intake can be used on turbocharged,</div>

What does Dyno Testing have to do with your intake air temperature? If you are going to put the car on the friggin dyno, wouldn't you get the TQ/HP ratings? Obviously they put some test cars on a Dyno, but if the gains were worth a damn, you know as well as I do that there would be dyno's posted everywhere of it.

That quote, BTW, is the one I'm talking about that's on every site mentioning the thing.

On this site here...

http://www.ls1.com.au/forum/archive/...p/t-62372.html
(Found by doing a google for 'Cryogenic intake dyno')

There is a dyno posted, but it's sorta vague on what mods the car has or which portion of the system they were testing.

http://www.racespec.com.au/catalog/images/DYNO.JPG
^^^
This seems to be taken from some official DEI document...
http://www.qri.biz/uploads/qri_news_attachment_20.pdf

Unfortunately, several folks in that thread also posted that they had installed that system and got rid of it as they saw no benefits in action. Only the intercooler sprayer got good reviews there, but since there is no proof on their side either, I don't take their words.

I should also mention that the posts there are this year. This product has been out since 2003, and seems like no one is using it.

Changing the search to '"Cryogenic intake" dyno', I found a few more.

http://www.holley.com/data/Ads/NOSCoverArticle.pdf

Here they have a shootout of Co2 systems in teh S3 magazine.

Only problem is, they only seem to have tested intercooler sprayers, again, that's FI, and I'm NA. They got consistant 10 to 12.5 HP gains with the system, but still no dyno's shown.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>We will have further testing on the CryO2 Air Intake and Fuel bar System in the next issue.</div>

That would be November 2005, if you can get that issue from them, you should have SOMETHING to show folks then. http://www.s3mag.com/

Something interesting there is they put 2 Co2 units up against a Nitrous unit, and guess which one won? The Nitrous sprayer did, with about 6 more WHP. Just an interesting addition.

I'm done searching for now though, feel free to post this stuff up elsewhere my man, maybe it'll help out some.

I'd encourage someone to get the system, test it out, and post your opinions/dyno's of it. If you don't like it, I guarantee you can sell it used for more than you bought it for (Check out ebay).

I'll still consider this, when it's done on someone else's car, and I'm further down the road on mine.
Old 11-26-2006, 01:11 PM

i hate to say it, but, i have to discontinue this discount. in the time that i was here there was not a single piece sold to an RD member. i have this running in so many places i cant afford the time for the adminstrative tasks required for no yeilds. it was a good run. i was happy to offer it and will try to find something a little more appealing in the future.

red, if u could remove this thread it would be great so i dont have to keep checking it.
Old 11-26-2006, 01:24 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

per request...locked and moved to closed group buys