General Performance & Hyundai Chat If you can't figure out which performance/modifications catagory to put your post in, then put it here. Also use this are to discuss general things about your Hyundai.

Racing stories

Old 05-11-2001, 07:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First off, Tunez you live in a great town, Kannopolis produced the two best damn race car drivers ever, dale and dale, jr. All I got right now is a cat back exhaust with a K&N intake on the way and I beat any Civic, including those freakin SI's. you gotta have confidence in your ride man. Along with engine work..think about new suspension and sway bars..if your car handles better you can squash those rice eatin fools. I gotta a quick question...the superchargers and turbos for the Tiburon...are they worth all the money you pay?? If so then I'm gonna get one. And guy with the auto elantra, tonight go find a Mustang and just kick its ass...that'll boost your confidence. The only thing ****tier than a Honda is a Ford.
Old 05-11-2001, 07:49 AM

By the way...VTEC's suck...I had a 2001 Prelude for about a week and I took it back when a 1997 Tiburon kicked my ass.
Old 05-13-2001, 09:27 AM

whoa, okay, i dont know what to do. i have a auto, so that is stopping me from making my car all hopped up and ****. i dont know, i like the prelude more and stuff, and my elantra will never beat a mustange. i really dout that. the maxima i raced was a 1989 5 speed, with that 3 liter V-6. his car is slow too but i never got a chance to rerace him. i dont know, i think hondas are nice, i like hyundais too. just i think i am going to lean towards the honda cuz it higher quality and i think it looks cooler and the engine will be able to handle more stress without having to do anything to the internals to be able to run a 75 shot of nitros and a turbo kit. my elantra starts slow, say i put a turbo kit on it, then i beat a integra GSR, he goes and gets the same turbo kit and now hes faster again. that is how its all going to work with the elantra. so i think it would be better to start out with a quicker car and make it quicker.......
Old 05-14-2001, 12:29 PM

okay, well its a long time before i buy a new car. i am only 16(2 months from being 17) and i got to save up for a down payment on the prelude. i will wait till im 18 to buy the new car anyways. when i went to the hyundai dealership today i sat inside a 2001 tiburon 5speed, that was cool on the inside, i liked it alot, but im not sure if the car is going to be fast, i guess i just hafta try one out. my friend might be getting a 97 tib 5-speed. and he races alot with a bunch of us. i will watch and see how good his car does with everyone over here. but im still going to wait and hold out till next summer to get a knew car. there is probably equally amount of stuff out there for the tib and prelude. but i just dont know what to do....... i just want to do it right when i get a new used car. but i am swayed so easily.