General Performance & Hyundai Chat If you can't figure out which performance/modifications catagory to put your post in, then put it here. Also use this are to discuss general things about your Hyundai.

Racing stories

Old 05-04-2001, 04:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Racing stories

Okay, so yea, i am afriad im turning. hyundai's are cool but there just not fast. i was racing tonight with like 20 other cars, i lost to a ford F-350!! how imbarressing is that!?!?!?! then i lost to a v-6 dakota!! and to Sonata, then i lost to a like 92 maxima becuase the kid didnt know how to shift. it sucks, im going to buy a 1997 honda prelude type SH as soon as i have a reasonable downpayment, going slow sucks. i just dont know if it is worth it to try and make my hyundai elantra fast. IS IT???
Old 05-04-2001, 07:14 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Then you lost to a maxima because the kid din't know how to shift???? If he didn't know how to shift, how did you lose????

There are MANY things you can do to make your elantra faster. It all depends on how much you want to spend. With the $3000 you'll save up for a down payment on a new car, you could supercharge your 2.0L and have at least 200 HP with your right foot....
Old 05-04-2001, 10:35 PM

yeah i used to think the same thing until i was on the computer one day and came across fxtreme. the board is so helpful. and then sharkracing and KORE they started making stuff for the hyundais. and the most important one was my friend has a BMW 325 and just did a M3 swap. everyday he told me to get rid of it and get a Honda or something but it justs motivates me more to finish...PROJECT 300WHP....
but as the racing rules goes..you can make any car fast just depending on how much you want to spend on the car.
Old 05-05-2001, 03:54 PM

thanks guys, i dont know. it is so hard to decide. my car is not a five speed. i want to keep the the elantra i have, but i want mine converted. i like my elantra. auto does slot you down. but i think im going to go the ways of custom exhuast, w/ header, cat, and a universal muffler with the custom piping and all. who is KORE? do the make cold air intake the the 1999 elantra? i am thinking buy the time im done putting all the basic bolt ons i can get about 20-30 horsepower from it all. im sure i wont be slow then but it will take my like 2000 dollors to have it all done. but i will keep you guys updated on how i do. everyone will here of my first awesome victory. oh i have beaten a Civic Ex. that was cool. thanks for the help guys, does anyone make a supercharger or turbo for the elantra yet??
Old 05-05-2001, 05:26 PM
Super Moderator

CAPA (down under) has several supercharging options for the 2.0L beta.

Alpine Developments in South Africa has a supercharger and turbo option for the 2.0L beta.

Rimmer Supercharging has a Supercharger as well.
http://www.topgear.co.za/alpine-developmen...ents/index.html
http://www.rimmersuperchargers.com/
http://www.capa.com.au
Old 05-06-2001, 12:09 PM

okay cool stuff, thanks for those websites, i have added them to my favorite places and checked them all out. what about KORE? who are they? do you know of any website they might have or where i could find info out about them. i saw some people writing about the make Cold air intakes. do you know about KORE??
Old 05-06-2001, 02:02 PM

id really like to know how you got beat by a civic EX? i just ripped a new asshole for one of those in my ACCENT Gsi and all i have is the exhaust system from the cat back and 8mm plug wires and a cold air intake. You should have beaten a civic EX easy if you just were stock the civic EX only has 107 hp
your elantra has 140!!! i have an auto 4spd accent by the way and the civic ex i raced was a 5 spd manual. whats the deal man???? I beat him by about 2 car lengths in the quarter mile.
Old 05-07-2001, 04:28 AM
Super Moderator

KORE does not really have a website at the moment. Their website is...
http://www.koremotorsports.net/

Best way to get a hold of them is to e-mail them.
mailto:hmsonline1@excite.comhmsonline1@excite.com

[ May 10, 2001: Message edited by: Random ]

[ May 10, 2001: Message edited by: Random ]
Old 05-07-2001, 09:01 AM

I have this one, they are building up but they have links and e mail on it. http://www.koremotorsports.net/
I imagine is the same one