External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

CUDA BODYKIT

Old 04-16-2003, 03:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BUT I've heard and seen pics of some really brutal fits that need more then a minor shve to fit ... for that matter ... they need fibreglass to be redone do to broken during shipping and this poor quality **** that when you look at it in the light you can see the light through it.
Well, of course fiberglass or bondo would be needed to repair damage caused during shipping, but that is not something that you can actually predict or plan for. Also, its a common misconception that if you can see light through the bumper, its bad quality, and that if you cant, its good quality. If you cant see light through, most likely its a very thick bumper, which more times than not is actually a hinderance for installing due to its rigidity.

AND for that matter the veilside 'fakes' are from the veilside mold and fit very well.
What do you mean? The fakes definately did not come from the veilside original molds...Veilside does not promote the copying of their kits, so I doubt they would give out their mold to be illegally copied...

I know that alot of people lost respect for SR because of past dealings and the exclusion of non-members from the forums etc ... and I'm someone that believes in word of mouth publicity. Sure I've had positive dealings in the past with them ... but the number of negatives that I've heard in the mean time kill it for me.
What dealings/negatives are you referring to? Please do email them to me, Id be interested into what dealings you are referring to that would sway you decision in this matter...also, we did not exclude people from the forums, we ARE posting on the TSR board. It just goes by a different name now: Hyundai Aftermarket.

SR in putting out a group buy on a new mold that they havn't made a kit from yet to me isn't right cuz if something deoesnt' fit... nothing will be done for the end user.
I dont understand what you mean here. Please clarify. If its like you say, and a kit not made yet, why do you say it doesnt fit? And what do you mean by nothing done for the end user?

A guy here waited 8 months to get his kit for his accent ordered... doesn't instill a whole lot of confidence in me.
Who was this? What kid did he order? Also, rumors of something like this should not sway you one way or the other when we are talking about a kit thats made here in California that will be done in a matter of weeks...
Old 04-16-2003, 04:37 AM

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon

Brad,

I will send an email later tonite informing you of everything that has come to my attention about SR, but granted you do justify my comments with your responses ...

I dunno .. To me .. .the point is moot as I won't be ordering the kit until I get feedback from outside SR on the fit, if it's great ... FANTASTIC - I'll order it. I would rather pay more for something I KNOW will fit then pay less and have to pay to make it all fit the way it should.

As for the veilside fakes ... if it's not their mold someone made one hell of a knockoff cuz everything I've seen shows that it fits VERY well with next to no mods

But no ... I apologize my intent was not to turn this into and SR bash or anything like that.

You say that things that I've heard of (bad issues with SR) shouldn't sway my judgement ... well if thats the case ... shouldn't you and others have a more open mind about Rick over at Artec ... I've orderd a few things from him and all has been good ... and when there were issues ...they were looked after.

So I agree ... with you about the bad reps ... but they have to count for something.
Old 04-16-2003, 10:28 AM

OK before I go and add myself to this group buy I have 1 question about the fit of this kit.....I have read just about every post i can find on the Cuda kit and this is the first time i have heard of the kit not fitting with stock exhaust. Why does it not fit and what is envolved in getting it to fit without spending another $1000 on custom exhaust......I only have the funds to do one thin at a time.
Old 04-16-2003, 10:55 AM

Yam.. i wasnt raising the B.S. flag at your fitment of the cuda on your wife's car, i was raising the flag at the problems u say u dont know about. Maybe you dont, maybe u do..but i edited the flag. And if you read what i wrote.. i said if you are fixing it,cool for the ppl who are getting the good fitting kit. That means if you fix it... props to ya. But i will say you need to work on the sides, from my experience and two other ppls experience. If you want specifics of the problems i had and want pics.. email me. I will shut my mouth about the kit now, mine is on and im happy, though i wasnt before, but u know the story on that, if u remember...

Peace smile.gif

[ April 16, 2003, 05:57 PM: Message edited by: BigBoi ]
Old 04-16-2003, 11:14 AM

GreatLakesTib:
...the kit not fitting with stock exhaust. Why does it not fit and what is envolved in getting it to fit without spending another $1000 on custom exhaust.
Custom Exhaust doesn't cost $1000 bux. Mine was 400, most you can get it for even cheaper than that, probably closer to 250 or 300 bux.

The problem with stock exhaust is the exit pipe needs to move close to 4-5 inches towards the driver's side, and move up about 2 -3 inches. Otherwise, the pipe will blow exhaust onto the fiberglass, which is a big no-no.

Basically, if you want to use your stock system, you'll have to go to a shop and have them cut some piping and weld a pipe with a different bend in it to fit into the exhuast hole.

Usually it's just best to get a whole cat back exhaust by this point anyways, that way you get bigger pipe and they will go where you need them to.

So if you buy this kit, set aside about 300 bux for an exhaust system also. Or you could always do what BigBoi is doing right now, and making it ghetto-fablous by pulling the pipes over and tacking it down. tongue.gif
Old 04-16-2003, 01:21 PM

Or you could always do what BigBoi is doing right now, and making it ghetto-fablous by pulling the pipes over and tacking it down.
it works damnit... LOL.. u cant see it anyway... i'm getting the exhaust done next week when he gets my hi flow cat in... but at least i can drive mine.. ghetto or not wiggle_m :lowblow:

[ April 16, 2003, 08:23 PM: Message edited by: BigBoi ]
Old 04-16-2003, 04:10 PM

I dunno .. To me .. .the point is moot as I won't be ordering the kit until I get feedback from outside SR on the fit, if it's great ... FANTASTIC - I'll order it. I would rather pay more for something I KNOW will fit then pay less and have to pay to make it all fit the way it should.
Exactly! Thats what ive been saying this whole time...any stories good or bad about previous cuda kits doesnt apply to the new one...and for those who want to wait, spiffyworks has already volunteered to let everyone know how it fits when he gets his...

As for the veilside fakes ... if it's not their mold someone made one hell of a knockoff cuz everything I've seen shows that it fits VERY well with next to no mods
Unfortunately, its very easy to copy fiberglass kits. But theres no way the person who copied it went to Japan to get the mold to copy...they would have just needed to buy one on the down low, and use that to make a new mold.

You say that things that I've heard of (bad issues with SR) shouldn't sway my judgement ...
I didnt say those words...what i said was that first, i would be curious on which situations in particular would sway you on this certain deal, and that the one you mentioned of someone ordering a kit coming from another country from another company, shouldnt sway a decision about a kit thats made right here in California...Especially since you are not going to purchase until others have sucessfully installed it.

shouldn't you and others have a more open mind about Rick over at Artec ..
This is comparing apples and oranges. The main beef with Rick was over him using american companies to illegally copy body kits that were owned by Korean companies such as Zefiro, Min Garage, etc. SR has been accused of a lot of things, mostly untrue, but no one has ever even acccused us of anything illegal to the best of my knowledge.

but i edited the flag.
Thank you.

For those questions about the exhaust.

You dont have to really get a custom exhaust. I think 90% of the people who have installed it in Korea didnt. They just put the other tip on the back, not connected to a muffler. Sure, it may be ghetto fabulous, but I wont hate you for it.
Old 04-17-2003, 04:04 AM

man.....I'm just about totally decided to buy a kit and I read all this. So, I guess it comes down to...is it really worth it? Exhaust changes? (Yam's suggestion of not worrying about it is a bit TOO ghetto) Fit issues? Granted there doesn't seem to be any uniform type problem, but still...there's a possability of spending twice as much as the kit to put it on? Is there a different kit that has a better track record? (Zefiro, veilside, etc?) I just figured this was a good deal. *shrug* Do all kits have the same needs?
Old 04-17-2003, 04:43 AM

There should never be a possibility of a body kit install being the same price of the kit, let alone double. Heck, myself and my warehouse guy, both of us never getting trained on fiberglass, and being far from professional, can make a civic body kit work on a sephia or something like that for about 300-400 dollars. And thats for something thats not even designed for the car. So even your terrible body kits out there, shouldnt cost that much to install. Painting, thats another issue...depends on the quality of the paint job, and the quality of the paint. I couldnt quote you on that. I know when i was in the retail world, i paid about 500 dollars to isntall my old elantra kit and have it painted...just needed minor modifications to fit it. All of the pictures of the cuda kits on our website were all done without modifying the exhaust...you wouldnt be able to tell unless you got under the car and looked...

But again, you had mentioned something about kits with "better track records." This group buy here has NO track record....this is a kit that wont even be finished until next week, so spiffy, when he isntalls his will have the first "record on the track."
Old 04-17-2003, 06:45 AM

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon

So .. those of us that are waiting to make sure spiffy's fits well, can still likely take advantage of the pricing then?