External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

CUDA BODYKIT

Old 04-14-2003, 12:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon
Default CUDA BODYKIT

OK ... my question is to anyone who has the kit or has installed the kit ... how is the fitment

I've heard some horror stories ... and I don't wanna get screwed on the install of it when I order it.

I can see paying 1000 to install ... not 2000 for fitting it.
Old 04-14-2003, 01:12 PM

i already gave u my input when we chatted.. so here is to the fitment of the kit... puke

but the looks are bow_down
Old 04-14-2003, 02:28 PM

Fitment is pretty good. Had one of the originals put on my wifes car a couple months ago, and the shop didnt do any modification to get the front/rear to fit. Sides they didnt put on. We lined them up though and it doesnt seem to be much mods needed to get those to fit. But the past is all moot. Any future orders of the Cuda kit will be from the new version of the kit made in USA...
Old 04-14-2003, 02:36 PM

Well are thoe U.S. kits gonna fit better????
Old 04-14-2003, 04:48 PM

Well, as mentioned, even the old ones didnt fit bad, if the shop knew what they were doing. However, the new ones will come from a direct perfect fit mold so the variation from perfection will be minimal.
Old 04-14-2003, 08:42 PM

So ... you're saying that the issues with the turn signal and fender lines will be solved along with the length of the side skirts and fit around the tail lights etc ...

I just don't wanna order it and pay a fortune for my body shop to install it.
Old 04-15-2003, 01:26 AM

As mentioned, the mold will be taking from a perfect fitting kit. But again, im not aware of the front and rear bumper problems that you are referring to...our install here on one of the same ones that everyone else got was problem/modification-free.
Old 04-15-2003, 05:31 AM

guess my eyes must have been fooling me when i put my kit on... and everyone else i have talked to with the cuda must need their eyes checked too...

but if you are fixing it.. cool for the ppl that are getting the good fit ones

[ April 16, 2003, 05:50 PM: Message edited by: BigBoi ]
Old 04-15-2003, 06:26 AM

Soooo Yam ... can I get some sort of written guarantee that if my bodyshop has to do extensive mods to make the kit fit, SR will re-imburse me what I have to pay out ... ?

Minor adjustments are expected but ...
Old 04-15-2003, 06:35 AM

Overall, the kit fits fairly well. Not perfect, but it does fit.

On my kit (now remember, this is the Korean Mold, not the new mold for the US that Brad is now using) these are the areas that needed attention:

Front Bumper:
1. Passenger turn signal is a very tight fit and the bottm may stick out about 2-3 cm from kit. Not real noticeable unless you get close.

Side Skirts:
Some people have been able to fit the Cuda skirts over stock skirts, however, I needed to remove mine to get the Cuda to fit.
- Very tight fit, lengthwise. To the point of *almost* cracking the sides.

Rear Bumper:
Stock taillights are a tight fit, but do fit. I needed to do some sanding and bondo work (mostly on driver's side taillight) to get tailights to fit in nicely.

Spoiler:
No complaints. Fit just fine. Only thing that sux about it is no mounting bolts, so you have to put in your own.

Overall:
The suken lettering all over the kit that says "Cuda Designs" sucks beyond belief. It looks as if the kit was sanded down too much so the letters are too "shallow" so when you primer and paint, you get letters that are not even there. I'm tempted to just fill in all the lettering, because it makes some areas look cheap.

Also, The way the kit was made, there were ALOT of pin hole sized dimples/holes in the kit that were not noticeable until we painted it. So those all had to be filled in to get a nice surface. But, I believe this issue will be resolved since it is being made at a different company.

Another issue is with exhaust. You CANNOT use a stock system or MBRP exhaust with this kit. You HAVE to modify those systems or get a custom exhuast (like I did). Dual exhaust looks best.

My rating would follow:
Style: A+
Fitmet: B-
Quality: C
Price: B

Please remember, my quality issue is with the Korean made Cuda, it does not reflect the quality of the US made kit. However, I will let you know how good the US kit is, because I am getting a front from the US mold to replace my smashed one.