External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

CUDA BODYKIT

Old 04-15-2003, 06:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Neo_Tib:
Soooo Yam ... can I get some sort of written guarantee that if my bodyshop has to do extensive mods to make the kit fit, SR will re-imburse me what I have to pay out ... ?

Minor adjustments are expected but ...
Neo... this is rather a rediculous request. Every kit is bound to need some kind of modification to fit correctly. And again, your talking about a $1,100 kit. Not like a TRUE Vielside kit which costs around $5,000.

Plus the Tiburon has more curves and weird lines than something like a Honda or other import.

If you want to know if you can install the kit with little modification, Yes, that is possible. However, if you want it to be 100% PERFECT fit, then you'll need more work. Not even OEM parts fit 100% perfectly to every car. Take a look at your stock sideskirts. Do you have perfect spacing in the line behind the door. Odds are you don't.

Just be more resonable. He hasn't made the kit yet. If you don't want to take a small chance at the US made version until you know if people (Like myself who is getting a piece of the US version) can verify that it fits well, then don't get the kit yet and wait until we get some reviews out. I'll let you know the quality of it once I get my front.
Old 04-15-2003, 06:59 AM

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon

I totally understand that some mods are always required ... thats not my issue ... I'm sayin 1100 is still alot of money and another 1000 + to a body shop to install it ($1000 is based on it fitting good from the start too) ... for that kinda money ... to me it should fit good.

But beside the point ... I will wait and hear from you ... I may miss the group buy price but so be it I guess, I'm not willing to take the chance with over a thousand bucks of my cash prolly closer to 1700 for me as I'm in Canada.
Old 04-15-2003, 01:26 PM

I think i am gonna do a custom modifying on the exhaust thing my self... I might have the shop that is do'n my kit make it single exhaust...
What do some of you guyz think about that????
Old 04-15-2003, 02:01 PM

Iceman91:
I think i am gonna do a custom modifying on the exhaust thing my self... I might have the shop that is do'n my kit make it single exhaust...
What do some of you guyz think about that????
Are you talking about filling in the drivers side exhaust hole? ...because i think thats what i would do if i got that kit.
Old 04-15-2003, 02:52 PM

I would say you can either:
1)Do a straight back with a dummy pipe going to the other hole (would look dumb in winter with 'smoke' coming from one pipe and not the other)
2)Get a single in/dual out muffler so u have a pipe going to both holes (spiffy and myself did this)
3) get your shop to do the custom thing and cover the hole up. But i think to make it look right, both sides would have to be shaved down around the exhaust holes. Then the driver side glassed over. I think that if u just filled in the driverside hole, it wouldnt look right.. But u may wanna get someone to do a photochop for you

oh.. and this is a lil off_topi cuz the post is about the fitment of the kit

[ April 15, 2003, 09:55 PM: Message edited by: BigBoi ]
Old 04-15-2003, 03:51 PM

Bigboi, dont raise the bs flag on me. Its unwarranted. If your shop had difficulty installing the kit say that, dont you go questioning my integrity, especially when you are wrong. Dude, were you there when our kit was installed? No, so why would you raise the bs flag?

Again, if you had problems fitting the kit, or your body shop did, please keep your comments to that which you have personal knowledge on. I based my comments on what i had first had experience with, and on the 300+ successful installs in Korea to date that our Korean office has overseen.

But again, Neo-Tib, this entire topic really is mute...none of the original Cuda kits are available anymore. The one that is being made no one can really comment on since its not finished. As mentioned, it will be taken from a perfect fitting kit though. Spiffy will be the first to get a piece from it (no, we wont sell it in pieces, but as we have in the past, we do disregard this rule when cuda kit owners have gotten into accidents), and he will be able to provide a description of the fitment of it as soon as he recieves the kit.

Spiffy, that reminds me, give me an email when you can. I have an idea....
Old 04-15-2003, 08:12 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

rolleyes.gif sad.gif rolleyes.gif

Let's ALL keep this on topic eh?

off_topi
Old 04-16-2003, 02:45 AM

Well my comment is kind of on topic so wiggle_m but thanks for the input on what i am gonna try to do. I am not gonna even drive my car in the winter and maybe only drive it like once or twice a week (strictly show ONLY) so i don't know wut i am gonna do.....
Old 04-16-2003, 02:55 AM

Soooo Yam ... can I get some sort of written guarantee that if my bodyshop has to do extensive mods to make the kit fit, SR will re-imburse me what I have to pay out ... ?

Minor adjustments are expected but ...
how ridiculous....NO kit is going to be a perfect fit like mentioned. why would sr reimburse you? it's understood that when you decide to take that HUGE step and purchase a kit you're going to have to pay to get it installed and any minor adjustments that have to be made. it's all depending on what body shop you go through as to how much you pay. people mentioned to me when i got my cuda to put it on myself and then all you would have to do is pay for some molding and paint. if you're making a deal over the cost of getting it put on...i would HATE to hear you when you got into an accident!
Old 04-16-2003, 03:11 AM

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon

how ridiculous....NO kit is going to be a perfect fit like mentioned. why would sr reimburse you? it's understood that when you decide to take that HUGE step and purchase a kit you're going to have to pay to get it installed and any minor adjustments that have to be made
ya know what ... I took it from Spiffy and left it ... but can NO ONE read ... I said I expect to have to do minor adjustments etc ... MYSELF ...

BUT I've heard and seen pics of some really brutal fits that need more then a minor shve to fit ... for that matter ... they need fibreglass to be redone do to broken during shipping and this poor quality **** that when you look at it in the light you can see the light through it.

To me ... thats crap, people go on about not ordering the "fake veilside" kits cuz they don't fit well ... well it not like this is a "fake cuda" it should fit right (I know the comparisson is not apples to apples but you get the point) AND for that matter the veilside 'fakes' are from the veilside mold and fit very well.

All that aside, SR in putting out a group buy on a new mold that they havn't made a kit from yet to me isn't right cuz if something deoesnt' fit... nothing will be done for the end user. The sole purpose for the GB (as stated) is to pay for the molds.

I know that alot of people lost respect for SR because of past dealings and the exclusion of non-members from the forums etc ... and I'm someone that believes in word of mouth publicity. Sure I've had positive dealings in the past with them ... but the number of negatives that I've heard in the mean time kill it for me.

A guy here waited 8 months to get his kit for his accent ordered... doesn't instill a whole lot of confidence in me.