Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

High RPM?

Old 02-01-2005, 02:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Elantra HD / 2007

QUOTE (KayJai)
You mean like driving it in 2nd gear at 100km/h?

Only when accelerating and rarely when racing on traffic lights.

*MOD EDIT* Double posting
QUOTE (bluetibbay)
Are you serious??
It was cold today, probably like 60, or maybe 50, so I was kinda rev'ing it up for about 20 seconds because it was like...driving slow. Kinda like my HP was cut in half or something, so I thought i'd warm it up eek.gif
Is it better to just idle for a couple mins in the morning to let it warm up?

In Ukraine in winter we can have about 10F.
When it's so cold - I start engine, and run it at idle until the needle on water temperature gauge start to move. Then I drive not over 2500-3000 RPM till the engine warm up (the needle between two dots).

*MOD EDIT AGAIN*

QUOTE (hamhead)
Since it hasn't been mentioned, I'll put it up. Don't rev to 6k or so on a cold engine, thats a no no. Seems like common sense, but I see retards doing it coming out of school all day. Very bad for the engine.

when i'm warming my engine i don't rev up over 2500-3000 K.

*MOD EDIT #3*

QUOTE (LarryMcFly)
As long as you use good oil (Motul rocks) and that you don't downshift without rev matching, you should be fine.

what do you meen downshift without rev matching?

is it ok when i'm braking i use brakes and engine (i downshift during braking, i think it's called combined braking)?

*FOURTH MOD EDIT!*

QUOTE (Mad-Machine)
people forget he does live in the Ukraine.. they might have faster highways there than here... or he travels any of the highspeed roads in europe.. (autobahn, autostrada, or autoroute).

speed limits are:
city 60 kph ( 37 mph)
some streets in warm weather have limits 80 kph (50 mph)
outside of the city it's 90 kph (56 mph)
and we have one autoban where you can drive 130 kph (81 mph)

we can easily run on 15 kph (10 mph) higher then speed limit, police don't stop for it (saying that it could be mistake of speedometer)

*MOD COMMENT*

Man, why did you have to double post FOUR! Times? That is a full twenty points and you get an all expenses paid vacation away from us for a few days.
Old 02-01-2005, 02:15 AM

QUOTE (Mad-Machine)
people forget he does live in the Ukraine.. they might have faster highways there than here... or he travels any of the highspeed roads in europe.. (autobahn, autostrada, or autoroute).

speed limits are:
city 60 kph ( 37 mph)
some streets in warm weather have limits 80 kph (50 mph)
outside of the city it's 90 kph (56 mph)
and we have one autoban where you can drive 130 kph (81 mph)

we can easily run on 15 kph (10 mph) higher then speed limit, police don't stop for it (saying that it could be mistake of speedometer)
Old 02-01-2005, 02:21 AM

QUOTE (LarryMcFly)
As long as you use good oil (Motul rocks) and that you don't downshift without rev matching, you should be fine.

is it ok when i'm braking i use brakes and engine (i downshift during braking, i think it's called combined braking)?
Old 02-01-2005, 02:25 AM

QUOTE (hamhead)
Since it hasn't been mentioned, I'll put it up. Don't rev to 6k or so on a cold engine, thats a no no. Seems like common sense, but I see retards doing it coming out of school all day. Very bad for the engine.

when i'm warming my engine i don't rev up over 2500-3000 K.
Old 02-01-2005, 02:35 AM

QUOTE (bluetibbay)
Are you serious??
It was cold today, probably like 60, or maybe 50, so I was kinda rev'ing it up for about 20 seconds because it was like...driving slow. Kinda like my HP was cut in half or something, so I thought i'd warm it up eek.gif
Is it better to just idle for a couple mins in the morning to let it warm up?

In Ukraine in winter we can have about 10F.
When it's so cold - I start engine, and run it at idle until the needle on water temperature gauge start to move. Then I drive not over 2500-3000 RPM till the engine warm up (the needle between two dots).
Old 02-01-2005, 07:03 AM

^^^ LOL OMG LOL ^^^

No it wasn't really -60 I was just joking.
It was like 40-60.
Ok I get it now though, just let it idle for a min before rev'n it high..

But when you redline in a tib, is it even really that effective if your racing? Cuz tibs get more power in the low-mid rpm band don't they? So unless your in 5th wouldn't redlining be kind of dumb?
Old 02-01-2005, 08:04 AM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

Okay so I think this guy just OWNED redz in double posts. Maybe Triples.
Old 02-01-2005, 10:19 AM

QUOTE (Dmitry)

Rev matching is a downshift procedure. When stepping on the clutch, you step on the throttle to raise the rpm to the rpm it will be at when the lower gear will be engaged. Then engage the gear.

For example, let say at 70mph you are at 4000rpm in 4th or 6500rpm in 3rd.

To downshift, you would step on the clutch, give trhrottle to raise rpm to 6500rpm, engage 3rd and then release the clutch.
Old 02-01-2005, 12:32 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

screw rev matching, get a short shifter and just shift like a mothaphucka! haha
Seriously, I noticed a HUGE!! difference in rpm drop with my short shifter, it barely drops at all between shifts when you shift really fast. And if you don't know what your doing while rev matching or wahtever and give to much throttle your car will souund really frakin stupid and everyone will laugh at you for thinking you knew what you were doing. Or just be like some of the "cool" kids at the races and just don't let go of the throttle when shifting!! haha, it's true, that's really dumb tho don't do it, it doesn't get you anywhere faster!
Old 02-01-2005, 12:33 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

If your downshifting to over 3k, I would definitely rev-match. Its not as necessary if your @ 35 miles per hour in fourth, and want to downshift to third for more power, putting you near 2800RPM. That puts no more wear on the clutch than you revving to 1300 and slipping the clutch to start moving, if not less.