Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Headwork, Gains?

Old 02-07-2006, 07:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

Would running a SMT-6 for timing and fuel and an MSD-DIS II for bumping up the rev limiter work together?

and my rev limiter is definetely a fuel cut (on a 1.8L tiburon as well). I believe they all are. I know because I hit top speed and felt the car hit fuel cut (actually it's fuel DUMP rather than cut). Fuel cut (cutting off all fuel) on a turbo car at 135mph could mean bad things.....
Old 02-08-2006, 04:59 PM

Vehicle: 1998/Hyundai/Tiburon FX

Are you serious about the accent head? WTF! I thought they had the same freakin engines as the tib? Could someone else confirm this for me? It doesn't really matter anyway as I am about to get a new subwoofer for my home entertainment setup. I won't have the money to do this for a while, if I ever get around to doing it. But getting the information out there on the forums is a good thing anyway. Thanks again.
Old 02-08-2006, 05:05 PM

Vehicle: Elantra HD / 2007

head should fit the block. You need head for BETA engine.
For example Tiburon 1.8 and 2.0 has 82 mm bore. I don't think there are Accents with such bores.
Old 02-08-2006, 07:14 PM

accent head will not fit man.
Old 02-08-2006, 08:18 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: x3 accent gk tiburon santa fe

accent engine are alpha's.. 02.gif so no it won't work for you..
i guees you got one from either an old 95-97 GT 1.5 or 2001+ gsi 1.6

if you're gonna spin that engine over 7000 i wouls at least put some good rod bolt, most rod failure are fastener related,balance the complete rotating assembly ( crank),rods,pistons,flywheel,crank pulley)
light weight components are also a very good idea

for the cams. in a street car i prefer the 272, they give you more bottom end wich is where you spend most of your time,if you're shooting for all out HP then go with 282's

for the rev limiter or ecu simply cut fuelling past 6750 rpm so you could wire up the smt-6 to the existing injector and "takeover" the fuel maping with the smt-6 to "remove" the rev limiter
no need for a msd to control the timing if you're using the smt-6 but the msd will add extra spark
Old 02-08-2006, 08:34 PM

dont really mean to highjack but its better than makin a new thread. are there any cams that be tuned just with and safc? if so which ones
Old 02-08-2006, 08:41 PM

Well, maybe I got the head from an elantra I know it was a 99 too, so it would be a beta 1 correct? I KNOW this head looks freaking IDENTICAL to the one on my car. Yeah, it must be off of the elantra. My dumb a** forgot, LOL. I mean, the head even has the "1.8/2.0" stamped on the front of it like the one on my tib. So, I know now that the accent had the 1.5/1.6L, that means that this head HAD to come off of the elantra (I wasn't paying too much attention to the car, just the engine) right? The under-hood layout was almost exactly the same as my tib. Can anyone confirm that elantras had the beta's in them?

Come on guys, I think I could tell the difference between a beta and an alpha head right? This head HAS to be the one I need. Please help me out here.

About the oversized valves. Are they worth the money? I mean, if I was to get all of the other Ferrea hardware for the cam upgrades, I figured I might as well spend another 300 bucks and get REALLY nice valves too. But as far as gains go, what do you think?

Thanks a lot guys. Sorry for my partial stupidity about the model type, LOL. lmao.gif
Old 02-08-2006, 08:41 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: x3 accent gk tiburon santa fe

well,most cams can be tuned in with the safc,but to get all they can give you,it requires something better then the safc
Old 02-08-2006, 08:43 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Yes, elantras have the beta motor...
Old 02-08-2006, 08:50 PM

Wwwhheeww! That is a load off man.

BTW: Thanks for the advice on the JY idea Casper, I dunno where else I could get a complete cylider head for 50 bucks with the valve cover and all! I even got the spark plug cover, and cam gear too. Even for a JY buy I think that is pretty cheap.

I didn't think I was stupid enough to go out and get the wrong freaken head, but you never know laugh.gif .

Anyways, I was trying to get HP's 264's but I called them and they said the company in Korea they get "Hwarang" from is pretty dis-organized and they don't want to deal with them until they get their act together. He was supposed to check into it for me and give me a call but I'd say its been 3 weeks and still no response. I suppose I would be stuck to paying over 1000 bucks for cams from Kspec huh? Any ideas guys?

Thanks again for such quick replies. wink1.gif