Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Headwork, Gains?

Old 11-15-2006, 06:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well this is a nice thread so here goes a bump, plus...

I think 126 at the crank is too low for a starter number, I thought Hyundai advertised 140 but in the reality it was like 134-136 depending on the car...

I took my car locally to a Dyno, I never insist too much on it because it's the only dyno we have here, and it does not measure HP to the wheel, but to the crank; or at least that's what they told me... maybe it does and they didn't told me so (it was 2 years ago when I hadn't read much about dynos). Well to make the story short, with 3" CAI and k&n, 1.8 cam and 2,5" exhaust, it reached 160 crank HP; but Tibs locally are MAP based and most important, they DO NOT have to comply with ODBII nor emissions, so the engine management is open loop, maybe that's why it could be a little higher than cars in the US... I don't know...
I didn't have the AirRam and headers on when I took that dyno, so I will go again one of these days... I don't expect more power, but what I would expect is the torque to have gone up significantly (at least that's what the butt dyno told me about those mods... cool.gif )