Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

More Tib Problems

Old 11-16-2006, 04:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey all. This is kind of a repost, but it didn't really answer my question. I haven't had any problems lately, until the other day I was driving and I pushed on the gas and my car sounded like it was bogging out. It wouldn't accelerate as normal and just acted like it was starved for fuel (which it probably was). I went to AutoZone, and had them scan it, and came back with the P0304 code. When I have cruise control on, it does fine.. Drives normal and everything, but when I give the car too much gas it starts bogging out, so I quit testing it out and haven't drove it since. Most people are saying it could be the injectors going bad, but I don't know. Any suggestions?
Old 11-16-2006, 05:11 AM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

TROUBLESHOOTING FOR DTC P0301, P0302, P0303, P0304DTCDiagnostic ItemP0301
P0302
P0303
P0304
Misfire Detected (Cylinder 1)
Misfire Detected (Cylinder 2)
Misfire Detected (Cylinder 3)
Misfire Detected (Cylinder 4)
DESCRIPTION

With the ignition switch in ON or START, boltage is applied to the ignition coil. The ignition coil consists of two coils. High tension leads go to each cylinder from the ignition coil. The ignition coil fires two spark plugs every pwer stroke (the cylinder under compression and the cylinder on the exhaust stroke). Coil number one fires cylinders 1 and 4. Coil number 2 firest cylinders 2 and 3.

The ignition power transistor, controlled by the Engine Control Module (ECM), provides a switching circuit to ground for energizing the primary ignition coils. When a primary ignition coil is energized and de-energized, the secondary coild produces a high voltage spike across the attached spark plugs. At the same time, the tach interfaze (part of the power transistor) provides the ECM and Transaxle Control Module (TCM) with an RPM signal.

TROUBLESHOOTING GUIDEDTC detection conditionProbable causeBackground
  • If misfiring occurs while the engine is running, the engine speed suddenly changes.[*]The engine control module checks for changes in the engine speed.[/list]Check Area
    • Five seconds or more have passed after the engine was started.
    • Engine speed is between 500 and 6,000 r/min.
    • Engine coolant temperature is higher than -10テつーC (14テつーF).
    • Intake air temperature is higher than -10テつーC (14テつーF).[*]Running free from sudden accelerations/decelerations such as shift change.[/list]Judgment Criteria (change in the angular acceleration of the crankshaft is used for misfire detection.)
      • Misfire has occurred more frequently than allowed during the last 200 revolutions. [when the catalyst temperature is higher than 950テつーC (1,742テつーF)].[*]Misfire has occurred more frequently than the allowed number of time (2%) during 1,000 motor revolutions.[/list]
        • Ignition system related part(s) failed
        • Poor crankshaft position sensor signal
        • Incorrect air/fuel ratio
        • Low compression pressure
        • Engine coolant temperature sensor failed
        • Timing belt missing teeth
        • Injector failed[*]Engine control module failed[/list]CIRCUIT DIAGRAMTEST PROCEDURE
Old 11-16-2006, 10:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Yep... Webtech is your friend...