DIY Post all Hyundai DIY Guides here. You may also want to read some of our Hyundai Tutorials. Members who follow these guides do so at their own risks.

Diy - Halo Hid Headlight Setup

Old 01-05-2007, 08:47 PM
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

I think I did it by trial and error.

it does matter, but I just plugged it in to see if it worked, it didn't, so I plugged it into the other and it worked.

I would guess the same thing, I would guess brown is ground
Old 01-05-2007, 10:23 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Heh, nope... Black goes to the yellow, red goes to brown wink1.gif

I found the ballasts make a buzzing sound when I first turn them on, then it's barely audible after about 5 seconds. Also, when I turn them on, it flashes kinda bright, then dims immediately, then gradually gets brighter again, all taking about 5 seconds. Is this normal?

They look amazing, but I think I want to get HID fogs now too...
Old 01-06-2007, 08:48 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

yeah, probably normal. They have to warm up a little bit to get to brightness. Be careful, they become hot INSTANTANEOUSLY... I kept the styrofoam on it when I hooked it up and it burned a hole in it within 3 seconds
Old 01-06-2007, 11:14 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (majiktib @ Jan 6 2007, 07:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>yeah, probably normal. They have to warm up a little bit to get to brightness. Be careful, they become hot INSTANTANEOUSLY... I kept the styrofoam on it when I hooked it up and it burned a hole in it within 3 seconds</div>

You totally voided your warranty! lmao.gif

j/k
Old 01-30-2008, 06:17 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I was just reading this post again...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (majiktib @ Jan 16 2006, 11:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'></div>
That's not how to set it up. ALL of those connectors go to the ballast. the power hookup is correct though.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (HyundaiKitCoupe @ May 9 2006, 10:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'></div>

This is the proper way to set it up.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jay-M @ May 20 2006, 01:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>also... added note, upgrade your fog light fuse to a 25A or a little higher when a hid conversion kit is used</div>

<span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%">NEVER upgrade a fuse. Use Jay-M's relay kit to hook up power correctly from the battery</span>. That's a sure fire way to prepare your car for an electrical fire. The manufacturer chose those fuses to protect the wiring based on the ammount of power the wire can handle.