DIY Post all Hyundai DIY Guides here. You may also want to read some of our Hyundai Tutorials. Members who follow these guides do so at their own risks.

Diy - Halo Hid Headlight Setup

Old 01-17-2006, 05:20 PM
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

thanks for the tips.

I've had no condensation. The bulbs are in there pretty tight with the metal prong latch holding them in. The wires came through the grommet on my cousins set of HALO HID's but mine did not. You could easily cut a slit and make them all go through the same grommet. I was in a hurry and excited about just getting them in
Old 01-17-2006, 07:11 PM

Offtopic: Does anyone know where uneek got the HIDs from? After seeing how easy they are to install, I would really consider getting some of these.
Old 01-17-2006, 07:29 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

um, he sells them. check in the group buy section. wink1.gif
Old 05-09-2006, 09:20 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

Uneek still has business and responds by the hour... how much more service can ya get? Also shipped them to me over the weekend. Thanks dude.

Ok, so I have H3 kit and it looks very good quality. Mine even came with a better mounting bracket, it's actually a frame that the ballast fits into.

As you all know, our stock fogs have a socket and a plug outside of the foglamp. The plug goes into the foglight as part of it so when you take out the foglamp it's got a socket attached to it. The stock H3 bulbs connect into ONE miniature clip inside of the foglamp hence why stock H3 bulbs have ONE wire coming from them.

This H3 HID has a number of wires and two clips coming from the light (red and black) . I want to know why there's two clips if the H3 bulb only has one clip, is it because the metal bulb holder is used as a negative connection?

How the heck do I install these?

The red and black wires with clips coming from the light, where do they go?

Is everything connected properly?
Old 05-12-2006, 11:50 PM

hey guys, I have one headlight brighter than the other. I think it might be a bulb issue, but why is it so important not to test one headlight vs. the stock?

I think I might have messed it up permanently with my Lexus kit or something... when I first installed the HID I lit it up to see how bright it was before putting the other HID in.

How can something like this be repaired?
Old 05-13-2006, 09:20 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

I'm guessing you got it to work, but looking at the image I posted, the black and red wires connect to the factory bulb connector. I just slid them into the holes.

I don't know why one would be brighter... maybe it's the angle of the beam? Have you adjusted your headlights? Are they different colors, or just seem to be different brightness?
Old 05-13-2006, 11:06 AM

ooh i'm sorry, no the one light brighter than the other is for my Lexus HID's which i tested one bulb in comparison to the stock, and that's why i think they're like that. It's said that's what happens when you turn on only one HID 02.gif My Halo looks different from yours as you can tell, I think it's because mine are H3's and yours are 9006. So mine have the red and black clips going into the actual HID bulb. But yeah I found out that one of the clips is the power and the other is the grounding wire.

I cannot find a good place to mount my Halo H3's! I mean, sure I can ziptie them to the inner wall of the fender or something, however, that will not prevent them from getting splashed on with mud and water even with my fenderguard in.

Any other options on where to mount them? The harness isn't long enough to run up to the battery tray.
Old 05-18-2006, 07:43 PM

Ok I'm sorry, I mounted everything connected the H3's and when I press the fog light switch one turns on for less than a second and then turns off. is this because it needs to be grounded somehow?

i think the other one doesn't turn on because i broke a clip because it was a little big for the socket and i forced it. any suggestions as to why it flashes once?
Old 05-18-2006, 08:14 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

You must have a loose wire.

From what I understand HKC, there are two wires coming off of the ballast, right? You need to find the 2 wires that are going to your foglights (+ and - for each one) and tap into them, then install the bulbs. Should be really simple.

Hmm, I just thought of something..I wonder if this is drawing too much power from that circuit and blowing a fuse? I don't know what the power stats are like on these ballasts..
Old 05-18-2006, 08:33 PM

zoned you're a charmer... hehe. the black wire should go to the black wire so i hear. you know i turned one of them on (with the other disconnected) and it worked fine. Yes there are two wires coming from the fogs that go directly to the ballasts. the ballasts are inside of the box so there's two harness' going into the bulb one for the ballast and one for the connection, like you can see in my picture the only part going to the actual power source of the car is the red and black clips.

the wattage on these is 35Watts, should turn on without problems, but last i checked people couldn't even get them on without grounding them. and i have no idea on how to ground them.