The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

My Tiburons Suck Ass.

Old 02-10-2006, 08:02 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just get so pissed sometimes. I know all this stuff about the tiburons ONLY BECAUSE EVERYTHING ALWAYS BREAKS!!!

Seriously, the majority of my experience comes from the fact that these damn cars break in every way, and you have to rebuild the whole damn thing.

Today, I go get some flush, and oil, a few new seals, a new thermostat, its gasket, etc. I had a lot of work to do on my wifes old stock Rev A.

I do a nice job, taking my time to ensure the new thermostat is correctly swapped out, calling Random left and right for tips. So I finally get the car back together, flush the oil, all 6 quarts or something, lol(I've been dripping what I THOUGHT was majority oil, filling up with more oil, while it turns out, its just been tiny drops of oil, in a puddle of coolant/water from the overflow dripping down near the oil pan, which is where the drop of oil collect). So I got some gasket maker for the oil pan, and a new valve cover gasket for up top since both are leaking. I figure why not just enjoy the rest of my day and work on more important things, then do the new seals later.

So cool, I let the car run make sure its not gonna overheat (like always lately) and everything seems great. So I drive down to the bank, and go to grab a spot and roll up the window. WTF? The damn window is busted OUT OF THE BLUE!

I HATE 97 Tiburons. HATE THEM. RevA's are some of the worst cars hyundai has built in the last 10 years. They just suck. And they're old.

So the majority of my day then went to raping my white Gen2 for its window motor assembly, and swapping out just the cables and motor. Sh!t took me like 4 hours to swap the damn thing, having to learn how it works first, then how to take it out, THEN how to swap in the new one.

Oh and the reason the damn thing went bad! It just got all mangled and mashed inside itself, so when the small pulley inside (which is spun by the motor) started spinning, all the metal cable wires were just mashed and bent, and scraped down. It was unfixable, and now I have a damn spark plug puller sticking in the side of my RD2 door from inside to jam the window in its upright position, otherwise the whole neighborhood gets free shots at the stuff in the car.

UUUHHGGGGGGGGG! This is why MY 97 was gutted and replaced entirely with a Gen 2 (minus frame).

Why oh why didn't I get handed down a 240 or something instead of my tiburon I got wrapped up in this dumb ass car that does nothing but break on me.
Old 02-10-2006, 08:05 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

lmao.gif owned.gif

ya know chris even if you had gotten a 240 you would have hated it just as much

i work for nissan....hehe

you know you live your tib cuz no one has one like it so just take its little quirks and be glad your different cool.gif
Old 02-10-2006, 08:06 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Never had a problem with anything on my Gen2s... must be a 1997-1999 thing. Maybe you scrap the RevA's so us Gen2s get more FlyRyde parts.

joke.gif

Most cars are going to have the same problems your having every once in a while though. I rate Tibbies as pretty reliable compared to most make\models.
Old 02-10-2006, 08:27 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Eh Nissans would give you trouble too..

My tib just had maintenance problems and once they were fixed it was all good. Now my problems are due to my installing a turbo. The only thing I can complain about is that its a b-tch to figure out whats wrong with it now. With my tib, if the wrong person touches it, it goes haywire. I still love it though. smile.gif

Though you have a lot of stuff done to your car, if you dont think its worth fixing, the part it out and get a 2nd gen tib. I know, easier said then done. tongue.gif
Old 02-10-2006, 08:46 PM

Manual Nissans do good. Automatics aren't so hot.

I put 190,000 miles on a Nissan Stanza, close to 90,000 on a Maxima. The Stanza was much more reliable, I took it from VA to the Grand Canyon and back, and to Florida at least a dozen times. Both had problems with CV joints. The Maxima was auto and had constant tranny problems.
Old 02-10-2006, 08:47 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (hamhead @ Feb 11 2006, 03:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Maybe you scrap the RevA's so us Gen2s get more FlyRyde parts.</div>
Old 02-10-2006, 09:05 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

you know what though... if you had gone w/ a Nissan, who knows where this whole community would be. you wouldn't be blacktibs... you could have been red240. who knows. no haloz, since you inherited it from phorq (i believe). haloz brought along flyryde... really, where would you be w/o the Tiburon? its crazy...

so, on behalf of the whole entire aftermarket Hyundai community... thank you for getting your first Hyundai!!
Old 02-10-2006, 09:20 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Hah hah hah!!!

You own a 1997 tiburon!!!

Ha...

Uhhh...

Damnit.
Old 02-10-2006, 09:23 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

hahahaha^^ well technically the car is your wifes...(well both of yours but you did buy it for her)
Old 02-10-2006, 09:34 PM

^^^ Faith is gay... nuff said