The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

My Tiburons Suck Ass.

Old 02-10-2006, 09:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

I love my revA and it loves me back..

nana.gif
Old 02-10-2006, 09:40 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

you have a 9 year old all out show/race car...lol.

its gonna happen.
Old 02-10-2006, 10:40 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Tiburon

^^^ i agree with cdogtibby1 smile.gif

my 97 revA never has given me trouble really just the captive rotor thing and that was easy to fix.
chris i dont think its the car's fault more like being 9 years old fault. its geting up there with age and stuff is designed to fail on all cars.

when i show my friends pics on the internet i always say this is how i want my car to be like and i show your pimpilicious ride and they say wow thats really nice. your ride is sweet man if you have to change a window motor who gives a crap, how long did the old one last for? a long time rite?

anyway why are you calling random to find out how to change a thurmostat thats like the easiest thing.
and didnt u do a motor and ecu swap aswell as a tranny swap too? you should know how to change it.

rd2's are flat out but ugly so dont make them any kits or parts, u cant make poop smell good or hide the oder its still poop. just stick with the rd1 and let me buy all your stuff smile.gif
Old 02-10-2006, 11:05 PM

tibby01 said it... you have an old show car. stupid sh!t IS GOING TO HAPPEN! speaking on behalf of the RD community, we are glad to have you on our side. we all get stupid frustrated (like when trees fall on your (my) car), but we continue on this expensive, unproductive addiction... It keeps us busy... what the hell else would you be doing? watching TV? assembling a puzzle? attempting to solve a rubics cube?

All cars break... we just like to replace the broken things with better solutions to the problems... that's why we do what we do.
Old 02-11-2006, 12:00 AM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

I totally forgot to add that I was flaming my wifes green stock tiburon. Not the black car.

"Hah hah hah!!!

You own a 1997 tiburon!!!

Ha...

Uhhh...

Damnit."

Holy sh!t that made me laugh man. I just pictured the same piece of sh!t I was working on today, a green 1997 Rev A, and then your identicle car came to mind. Funny stuff man, I hardly ever really laugh out loud.

Yeah I'm glad the chain of events did their thing, and I love being so damn handy with my cars, but it pisses me off what you gotta go through. I have to build this green car of my wife's to sell it. Project buy Angela a new tib.

I'm thinking I'll do a clean kit, paint it, something custom inside, a grip of flyryde parts, and maybe get an extra couple grand out of it. My goals around 6, so we'll see. Wont cost much to do at least. THAT I love, but its still a pain in the ass to have to be friggin McGuyver (<--spelling whatever?) every time the car makes a weird noise.

I want my black car to be everything these cars can be, and I love where its come from, but I just really want a nice little race car ready for show/track. Its annoying to drive around my city, and see gangster ass cars, turbo Zs brand new with crazy wide wheels, supras, subies, evos, and half of them are owned by kids, and when I tell them their cars are nice, they just blow me off. This is in the green stock tibby. In my black car people hump my leg on the way to the car, and I feel like a fag when I pop open the doors on the remote and they swing up. I love the fact its like a marketing magnet, but I just want something less flashy, and more subtle with BIG NUTS!

I want a bad ass street car. waah
Old 02-11-2006, 03:20 AM

Vehicle: Elantra HD / 2007

Mang, that may happen to any old car, especialy spors car or sport compact, cause old grannies do no drive them to buy some bread and milk.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Patreezy)</div><div class='quotemain'>I love my revA and it loves me back..</div>
Patrick, write a DIY, aka Kamasutra, how to love your car... lmao.gif
Old 02-11-2006, 05:36 AM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

lmao.gif lmao.gif lmao.gif working on the pics as I type...
Old 02-11-2006, 12:54 PM

Hey my old RevA ran great till it got smooshed by the Semi.
Red's old RevA is still running (if he's still alive somewhere).

I think your car just decided you needed an education! lmao.gif
Old 02-11-2006, 01:13 PM

Vehicle: 2000 tib

I hear ya bro......sometimes being mechanically inclined isnt all its cracked up to be, but its better than going thruogh life being a knucklehead and everything you own is broke and you gotta pay people to fix stuff!
Old 02-19-2006, 12:19 PM

My car can't even make it through a full 3,000 mi interval before something else breaks/goes wrong. I think I have spent more money on repairs in the past year than the car itself.

Might have to sell the Tib. Sucks getting wrapped up in a car that just breaks down on you.