The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

My Tiburons Suck Ass.

Old 02-19-2006, 04:52 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DAMN, my latest update is everything fixed and then today I'm topping out my temp gauge!! Pisses me off.

Why would my car be overheating guys? I have about 115,000 New belts, new plugs (Power V ngk), and my radiator is doing fine it seems? No leaks anywhere, new thermostat. I dont know what the hell could be wrong with it. It just keeps overheating? Fans both work as well?
Old 02-19-2006, 06:35 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

how are the fans wired in? If you have soldered in new fans or cut the wires anywhere, the fans may not be pulling enough power. All wires to and from the plugs need to be complete. I found this out the hard way.

How long does it take for it to overheat? Do certain circumstances and factors determine whether it overheats or not? Is it just a sensor, or is it actually getting really hot? Are you able to do things to control whether it overheats or not? If so, discuss
Old 02-19-2006, 06:36 PM

Only think I can think of at this point is that you've got a blown head-gasket that is allow combustion chamber gasses into the coolant passages. This is causing your coolant to "blow out" as the engine runs.

Either that, or your water pump is toast and it's just not moving water/coolant like it should.

The easiest way to test the head-gasket theory is to get the engine good and hot, and then do a compression check on all 4 cylinders. If that turns out fine, the only other think I can think of is the water pump itself. It's just that I've NEVER heard of a Beta water pump going bad. So I just can't imagine that's the problem.

Does it over heat if you just let it sit/idle? Or does it only overheat if you've been driving it?
If you run the heater in the passenger compartment, does the heat always blow HOT? Or does it cycle between hot, lukewarm, hot, lukewarm?
Old 02-19-2006, 07:53 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

edit: n/m, you said the fans kick on.
Old 02-19-2006, 07:55 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Tiburon

i had the same trouble with my old car. i checked everything even changed my head gasket. thought it was my thermostat 5 times n a row maybe they were defective. but it was the radiator.

your radiator mite be plugged. take out your radiator and run a water hose through it if it doesnt come out as fast as it should or dont seem right u need a new radiator core or a new radiator. easy fix none the less.

or you can change your head gasket first like i did lmao.gif

but im perdy sure its your radiator if the head was gone u wouldnt be able to keep water in it at all. take your radiator cap off and start the car u will see something if its a blown gasket.
Old 02-19-2006, 07:58 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

^^^Werd. I was just about to suggest that. Check for a clogged radiator.
Old 02-19-2006, 09:01 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

I know how you feel man... when we first got our very first tiburon (shit was awsome, poppy red and clean as a b**ch) felt like we owned a ferrari or something, screamed "look at me bi**ch" in the driveway.

after that i knew i had to get mine... and when i was about to, i remembered a rumor having to do with the gas pressure being bad causing the fuel tank to crack because of too much pressure.

when i got my car, everything was fine. the only problem is when i messed with the crappy evap cannister it totally messed everything up. it caused electonics to stop working. clock won't set. power doors won't budge. things are starting to look kind of bad...

stupid evap can. i hate the POS cannister. f*cked everything up.
Old 02-20-2006, 01:36 AM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Well, I'm going off to Koyo hopefully tomorrow to see about a new rad. The pump I doubt is the prob, as its cool as long as I have good water and fluid. BUT tonight my wife and one of my friends were in the car, and they said it was "Smoking" which I see as probably steaming coolant pumping out of the over flow. They said it looked as if the "Smoke" was coming from the alternator? Sounds like just where the dump pipe is for the coolant.

So how do I test if its the head gasket by removing the rad cap? And any tests for the water pump? I know I lost that belt before on the freeway, and your car wont go 5 feet without over heating when you loose your belt to power the water pump. I hope its just the rad, cause I'll pick up about 10 of em. Keep 3 and sell the rest, lol. So hopefully.

Guys, I was thinking about taking it in and seeing if it has that crack in the gas tank cause I smell gas from time to time when I get out after a drive, and it seems to go through gas WAY too quickly. So should I ask them to do a diagnosis, or do you think I should just keep to toolin around in the garage to fix this? I could do the rad test easy enough if all I gotta do is pull the rad and hose the sh!t out of it. What other tests could I do guys? Thanks all.
Old 02-20-2006, 09:29 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

I'd call AJ and see if he can run some tests for you free of charge dunno.gif
Old 02-20-2006, 09:37 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Random @ Feb 20 2006, 01:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>It's just that I've NEVER heard of a Beta water pump going bad.</div>

Mine did! If the bearings are going, you should be able to hear it. Mine sounded like a whistling noise that would come and go. Also, I think you can grab the pulley and check for movement.