The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

My Car Crashed

Old 03-28-2008, 05:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

after our current discussion, i'm sorry to hear this!! but glad you're getting it back together.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Just one problem. I liked this bodyshop. They had previously done work on my parents' car and they did a good job at a good price. But it seems that they just wanna do the easy stuff.</div>

i hate that sh__. things go like that try not to get ripped. i've been and know of lots of those cases. just learn to trust one guy, place, or business. sometimes though that may not be enough.

Old 03-28-2008, 06:07 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

i got a used a/c condensor and clockspring laying around in storage. I'll get a shipping quote and you can have them if you want
Old 03-29-2008, 09:24 AM

Thanks, capn_tibs! Yeah, that would be awesome. PM me with a price when you find out how much it will cost you to ship it.
Old 03-29-2008, 11:43 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

Get a friend to help you do the bumper yourself, then pull it and take it to the bodyshop to get painted. Red Z, his son, and I did it in about an hour and that was taking our time, working on other things as we saw them, and running to the store. A bumper on an RD1 is about as simple as you can get. Four screws across the front, in front of the radiator, one bolt per side on the fender in the corner light holes, and one bolt per side at the back of the fender. But, if you don't want to deal with it, $200 is a good deal if it includes paint.
Old 03-29-2008, 01:09 PM

capn_tibs, I sent you a PM; shipping is to Toronto, Canada.

I just got home from the bodyshop. My headlights are aligned (popped out) again, my hood is no longer dented and there is no longer a gap between it and the fender. The hood is primed, right now. He put in the bumper beam and fixed the bottom part of the frame which was caved in. He's gonna paint the hood now. I'm gonna pick up the car on Tuesday at 8am, just before work. For all of this, $500. It's not $700 anymore because he refused to put in my aftermarker bumper.

javageek, I was thinking of doing the bumper myself. The only problem is that my aftermarket bumper has no bracket/holes along the top sides (left and right). It only has holes for the 4 screws in front of the radiator, but nothing on the left and right. It's at the bodyshop, right now, otherwise I'd take a pic. So I'd have to make my own brackets. I'm thinking of doing it.
Old 03-29-2008, 01:19 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

check out pegasusatuoracing.com, they have all sorts of hardware (note hardware on the left column of the homepage) for installing aftermarket body parts. Needless to say its too easy to install a bumper to pay someone all that money when your not molding it or anything. Drilling through fiberglass is easy, finding hardware is now easy if you use that site, and setting the bumper on the upper core rail is really easy. Oh and taking off your reinforcement is easy and usually a must for aftermarket bumpers
Old 03-29-2008, 07:16 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

that's really weird..

it shouldn't have gotten to such a high speed. you said it only went 30ft?
It's entierly possible to move forward with the parking brake engaged.. Just a little more difficult.

I'm wondering what the determination of fault would be if someone had been hit by the car? Hell, I'm wondering what I'd do if I just saw a car start and drive forward with no one in it in the middle of a parking lot. I'd probably start checkin out all the other cars to see if they were after me..

then again, 10mph into a wall can do some damage..
Old 03-29-2008, 08:04 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (HKC (HyundaiKitCoupe) @ Mar 28 2008, 06:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>after our current discussion, i'm sorry to hear this!! but glad you're getting it back together.

i hate that sh__. things go like that try not to get ripped. i've been and know of lots of those cases. just learn to trust one guy, place, or business. sometimes though that may not be enough.</div>

thanks, bro! I've always trusted this guy until now. Now I see that he just wants to do the easy stuff and earn easy money. Screw that.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (capn tibs @ Mar 29 2008, 02:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>check out pegasusatuoracing.com, they have all sorts of hardware (note hardware on the left column of the homepage) for installing aftermarket body parts.</div>

awesome! I'm checking it out right now. pegasusautoracing.com. Thanks for the confidence. I'm no longer doubtful, I'm surely going to do this myself. By next week I'm gonna post pics of the before and after. I took pics of how the car was damaged, and I'll take pics of my car after I put the bumper and get it painted.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Patreezy @ Mar 29 2008, 08:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>that's really weird..

it shouldn't have gotten to such a high speed. you said it only went 30ft?
It's entierly possible to move forward with the parking brake engaged.. Just a little more difficult.

I'm wondering what the determination of fault would be if someone had been hit by the car? Hell, I'm wondering what I'd do if I just saw a car start and drive forward with no one in it in the middle of a parking lot.

then again, 10mph into a wall can do some damage..</div>

Yeah, I'd say 30ft, not much more than that.

You know what, Patreezy, I'm so glad I don't have to find out the answer to your question (who would be liable for any injury/fatality). I'm almost certain that I'd be liable for it!!!

I think that it must've been going at like 20mph.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Patreezy @ Mar 29 2008, 08:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I'd probably start checkin out all the other cars to see if they were after me..</div>

lmao.gif
Old 07-02-2008, 04:23 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

first off fury. if you need steering wheel air bag and clock spring i have them and can ship em too you with the titan module if you go for that aswell.. .save you on shipping.

but as for optimo, all i have to say is you are obviously not smart in the area of remote starters for vehicles. I install and sell them for a living and there are manual tranny starters. the difference between a regular starter and a manual tranny starter is that the manual tranny starters HAVE to be wiured up to the e-brake and the door pins on the vehicle. reason for this is when the e brake is senced then it knows its not going anywhere. and for the door pins is because when you have the car in "ready mode" it will leave your ignition and accessories on until you open and close your door. if the door is opened in between this time and the time you try to remote start the vehicle it will take the remote starter out of ready mode and cause it to be NON FUNCTIONAL until set back in ready mode.... NOW. if you dont open your door in between this time.... how are you supposed to leave the car in gear. its running until the door is shut! its impossible.

for fury again, if the remote starter was NOT installed professionally by a certified installer then you are SOL when it comes to trying to claim this thru the manufacturer. you have to go after the shop that put it in for you. otherwise they are gonna blame faulty installation and its gonna be one hell of a hard time for you to fight this against the manufacturer.