The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

My Car Crashed

Old 03-20-2008, 05:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm way too fu***g discouraged to even describe this!!!!!!!! I have alarm and remote starter. My remote starter has this security thing where it won't start if it's in gear. when you leave the car, put it on neutral, remove the key from the ignition (the engine will NOT turn off), open the door, close the door, and *THEN* the engine turns off automatically on its own. So this morning when I parked at work, I didn't put it on safe mode 'cuase I forgot (meaning that it couldn't be remote started - and this feature actually works 'cause it's not the 1st time. The remote control simply beeps and shows "safe" on teh screen). So I left it in gear. Now, I just left work, I remote started it. I get to my car, and it drove like 30 feet into a cement wall. I have a broken windshield, broken bumper, broken lots of fu****g shit where there's the hood latch, probably a ripped radiator 'cause I hear a steam soudning noise, 2 deployed air bags, and a fu***ng popped sun roof.

I swear, I LITERALLY feel like hitting someone, punching everything, throwing everything aroudn. I'm honestly feeling pretty fu***ng shitty right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-20-2008, 06:43 PM

Vehicle: SRT4/Neon SOHC

Sorry about your luck...why did you decide to leave it in gear?
Old 03-20-2008, 07:00 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

^^ I think that's why he's pissed. I gathered he turned off his car a different way then usual.
Old 03-20-2008, 07:00 PM

So insurance or what man?
Old 03-20-2008, 07:01 PM

Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

wow i've known a few people who this has happened to. thats why the box says dont install on 5spd cars.........guess the box actually knew what it was talking about......
Old 03-20-2008, 07:17 PM

Vehicle: 2000 hyundai tiburon

^ optimo- w/ all due respect-... i think he learned from today, not quite the proper time to say such.

is there anyway to contact the manufacturer about a faulty product?
Old 03-20-2008, 07:20 PM

Ya, shouldnt have been an issue. They do make systems for 5-speed cars you know, Optimo
Old 03-20-2008, 07:35 PM

Man i feel you pain.. it sucks.. My jeep rolled down a hill one time when i forgot to leave it in gear. It can be fixed though remeber!! Atleast it didn't hit anyone or hurt anything else.
Old 03-20-2008, 07:36 PM

01Steve, thanks! In fact, the only reason why I posted here is because I'm addicted to my car and working on it and I feel that you guys are too, and I've built a good friendship with some of you. So I was looking for your support, and you know what? I feel it! I feel like shit today and you guys are there for me! Thanks!

yeah, that stupid alarm says, "for manual transmissions", and there's a toggle switch where you can set it to either "manual" or "automatic", and I always had it on manual (it still is). It was clearly a remote starter fault.

This morning when I parked, I opened the door before turning off the engine, so the "safe" mode feature didn't engage (I know this because the engine turned off as soon as I removed the key). Usually it stays on even after I remove the key. So I said, "damn it, I forgot to put it on safe mode. Oh well, too bad. So for extra security, let me remove it from neutral and put it on a 1st since it won't be able to remote start anyways." When I left work, I forgot all about that, so I remote started it, but it shouldn't have mattered because it wasn't on safe mode so it shouldn't have started. Fu***g thing started!

I'm not gonna take it to insurance because it's gonna raise. I'm gonna pay out of pocket. I got the day off on monday (I called my boss when I got home), so I'm gonna leave it at the body shop.

In terms of filing a charge against Airwolf, you bet I'm gonna!!!! It may not lead to anything, but I'm gonna try! I remember someone saying, on here, that their Airwolf was dying on them slowly. Well, here's proof!
Old 03-20-2008, 08:07 PM

Haha, good luck suing the company man, their system didn't have the problem so much as you did. Common sense would tell you to not start your car with it in gear, and I don't think they sold you common sense.