Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Traction Bar Kits - Eliminate Wheel Hop!

Old 02-23-2006, 09:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's not a good design for any street use cause it will make your suspension bind, as the control arm goes up and down the shaft would cause the control arm to be pulled forward since the distance between the two mounting points will be further apart as the control arm moves, but the shaft is solid and won't allow that so it will be alot of stress on the chasis and control arm bushings. The best way to do it would be like what ford did with the 86-93 mustang, they used what was called a quadra shock to keep the rear straight under acceleration, they where two small, tight shocks and they would allow the suspension to travel freely but when shocked off the line under hard acceleration they would hold the rear straight and prevent wheel hop, if I where to make my own I would use two of the quadra shocks from a mustang in place of the solid bars.
Old 02-23-2006, 09:49 PM

not all traction bars bind... if they were designed correctly it wont bind... full race tracion bars do a good job of not binding....

but this wont fit RD chassis cars... they just emailed me, and i emailed them back the bad news... we shall see how it goes
Old 02-24-2006, 05:52 AM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

lol, you guys know, of all people they are located 3 miles from me? I'll have a car there tomorrow when I drop by. I think its a house, lol.
Old 02-24-2006, 08:34 AM

Vehicle: tiburon 1998

I waant one, to work on our frame. For sure.

Chris, Please do check that out...

And yes, if they will replace the tube by a smartly shosen strut it would be the ultimate piece.
Old 02-24-2006, 11:10 AM

I still say they will cause problems with the suspension, a solid bar, when bolted down on one end the other end will swing up and down on a radius ) but our control arms travel staight up^ and down, so when that bar is bolted to the control arm something will have to give so the control arm can follow the same raduis that the bar swings, they would work fine for track use only but I would remove them for dailly use since they would eventually throw your front allighnment out and cause uneven tire wear.
Old 02-24-2006, 11:57 AM

maxx

read this

http://www.full-race.com/articles/traction_bars.pdf
Old 02-24-2006, 12:41 PM

QUOTE (Blacktibs @ Feb 24 2006, 04:52 AM)
lol, you guys know, of all people they are located 3 miles from me? I'll have a car there tomorrow when I drop by. I think its a house, lol.

Chris, try and stick around and pay attention to what they do.

Take pics..

Too bad my car is down, or else i would go with you.
Old 02-24-2006, 06:13 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

I just had confirmed that the design lay out of the first generation
Tiburon chassis is different then the second one. I apologized for that
but we ware misslead by a third party. I would like to ask you to help us
in finding a First generation Tiburon within a driving distance so we can
design a new traction bar set for that chassis. I apreaciate your help.
Please call me if you have any suggestions. As soon as we get a new design
we promice to start a new promo for that kit.
Tom Habrzyk
Advanced Product Engineering

I just got that guys.

Looks like Viper, as usual, was right.

Who can donate a car? Or will it be blacktibs?!?!? Stay tuned!!!
Old 02-24-2006, 07:38 PM

like was said.. as long as the bars mount in the same pivot line as the stock control arms, you will not get binding. Having read the article, it seems like a sound theory and not all that hard to impliment.

And I have seen what they are talking about with the front wheels moving forwards under heavy acceleration. I remember sitting in a friends car when a ford Taurus next to us took off from a light at full throttle.. that front wheel jumped ahead SEVERAL inches under that initial acceleration.
Old 02-26-2006, 12:10 AM

Vehicle: tiburon 1998

On the same note, what did happen with these awsome under-car reinforcement bars, that were about to be realesed for our cars? don't know how to name them, Chassis support? h-bars? ...... under car tubular struts to conect the front and rear?

I thought that Blacktibs was about to check them , ir not?